Mitt Romney ahead in latest poll.

Romney, if he does not discipline his act, will get clobbered by Obama and crew. The Obammies will expose the "Obama said this [when in fact he did not] and Obama did that [when in fact he did not]" easily and discredit the GOP so that 60% of the country will vote against Romney.

Either the GOP debates the substantial points, or it loses. Can Romney et al do this? I do know that Newtie and the far righties cannot.

Since the Obama folks can provide tape of Romney taking 180 degree dimetrically opposed points to EVERY issue, I don't think he can make this argument credibly.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work. Romney can't make this argument because he's a liberal, too.

Maybe so and maybe not.
I am one that admires politicians that can think for themselves and change their minds.
Have you never changed your mind in your life Joe?
And it has not been on every issue.
Funny you call him a liberal when it is you that claimed he used employees and ran them off with his business decisions.
That a liberal stance?
Romney is the nominee and he will win. Been stating that for a year now and watch and see. Then watch the markets go up 40% in 4 years.

Romney, if he does not discipline his act, will get clobbered by Obama and crew. The Obammies will expose the "Obama said this [when in fact he did not] and Obama did that [when in fact he did not]" easily and discredit the GOP so that 60% of the country will vote against Romney.

Either the GOP debates the substantial points, or it loses. Can Romney et al do this? I do know that Newtie and the far righties cannot.

Since the Obama folks can provide tape of Romney taking 180 degree dimetrically opposed points to EVERY issue, I don't think he can make this argument credibly.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work. Romney can't make this argument because he's a liberal, too.

Your point is wrong on face value: in fact, both liberalism and conservatism work. Romney is to the center of right, Obama center of left. That they are both liberal in your mind is only based on your political principles.

The question is which one will work better, JoeB, because Obama or Romney most likely will be your president.

What policy has Obama center of left?

Romney has been ahead all along in NH, this isnt' exactly news.

He has a home there.

Now, I think he will probably be the GOP nominee, because that's what the establishment wants. And then they are going to be shocked when no one shows up in November to vote for him.

That is what the voters want.

I haven't talked to one Republican who is thrilled with the notion of Romney as the nominee.

Not one.

How many million did you reach?

It’s still Romney on top in NH – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It is over. Mitt is going to be the GOP nominee. The baggers need to bite their tongues and vote for him. There is not a far right extremist on the horizon.

Winning Iowa in 2008 didn't help the Huckster. :eusa_boohoo:

If the weather is good on January 3, Mitt Romney will win the Iowa caucuses; if the weather is bad, a weaker turnout will result in a victorious Ron Paul, former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee predicted Sunday.

Huckabee, who won the Iowa caucuses in 2008, said the devotion disparity between supporters of the two contenders could greatly impact the outcome in the early voting state.

TRENDING: Weather will influence Iowa caucuses, Huckabee says – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Your point is wrong on face value: in fact, both liberalism and conservatism work. Romney is to the center of right, Obama center of left. That they are both liberal in your mind is only based on your political principles.

The question is which one will work better, JoeB, because Obama or Romney most likely will be your president.

Well, no, guy. No Way Romney ever becomes president. So the question is, will the GOP stop listening to stupid people making silly arguments about electablity and find someone else, or are they just going to throw the fight.

Which honestly, looks to me what they are trying to do. If I were trying to lose, I'd run Romney.

Well, no, guy. No Way Romney ever becomes president. So the question is, will the GOP stop listening to stupid people making silly arguments about electablity and find someone else, or are they just going to throw the fight.

Which honestly, looks to me what they are trying to do. If I were trying to lose, I'd run Romney.

Agreed, he is just the updated version of McCain.

Naw.

McCain beat Romney.

Romney has zero Charisma. I've seen his type before in the financial industry. No one likes those types but for some reason they are able to make themselves a mess of cash.

But what Romney does have is the ability to plant is foot squarely in his mouth..and no idea what to do with all his baggage. He stands for nothing. Nothing..that is..except saying what ever the crowd in front of him wants him to say.

John Kerry flip flopped once. Willard? Oh gosh..what time is it?

Naw.

McCain beat Romney.

Romney has zero Charisma. I've seen his type before in the financial industry. No one likes those types but for some reason they are able to make themselves a mess of cash.

But what Romney does have is the ability to plant is foot squarely in his mouth..and no idea what to do with all his baggage. He stands for nothing. Nothing..that is..except saying what ever the crowd in front of him wants him to say.

Coming from a liberal, I can understand why you think that.

Naw.

McCain beat Romney.

You can backtrack my posts. I've related many times I thought that GW Bush and Ronald Reagan had lots of Charisma. They were entirely likable. Same with Obama and Clinton. Been pretty objective about it.

If you don't agree..you don't agree.

But Romney looks like he doesn't like to be around people that are not in business suits. Simple as that.

Naw.

McCain beat Romney.

You can backtrack my posts. I've related many times I thought that GW Bush and Ronald Reagan had lots of Charisma. They were entirely likable. Same with Obama and Clinton. Been pretty objective about it.

But Romney looks like he doesn't like to be around people that are not in business suits. Simple as that.

Good post on the Presidents.
Romney came to Georgia and South Carolina and picked up a lot of endorsements.
Word is that is the nicest most likeable easy going guy around. In fact, many have told me it is refreshing how he is so at ease with who he is.

Romeny is my guy, but he has to loosen up. Sallow is right in that department.

Word is that is the nicest most likeable easy going guy around. In fact, many have told me it is refreshing how he is so at ease with who he is.

I'm going by what I see on tv..and perceptions from pundits..left and right of the issue.

He's blown a couple of interviews as well..and they were at FOX.

And while it's not impossible..Charisma is an extremely hard quality to cultivate.

I will say that Romney is a bit better in debates. I don't think he'll hold up against Obama all that well, however.

Again, so what? He picked up a bunch of establishment endorsements.

When was the last time you voted for someone because "Governor X" endorsed him?

End of the day, he's still a guy with a crackpot religion who made his fortune putting regular Joes out of good paying jobs so he can buy himself a fourth mansion.

He probably puts Georgia in play for Obama.

Romney will be the most awesome guy in the world to the MSM. Until he gets the nomination.

Then we are all going to find out he's a slimy businessman with a whackjob religion and they will put a glaring spotlight on his every flaw.

Just like they did with McCain.

Just like they did Hillary.

Just like they did to Jack Ryan.

Obama survives by the media being his lapdog.

Nonsense.

The media couldn’t care less who wins – an Obama defeat will generate just as many ratings and profit, if not more.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work.

It’s a failed argument, given it’s devoid of fact or evidence.

There is a fundamental wisdom to this, once one gets past the subjective partisan emotionalism.

Concede Obama his second term. The new president in 2017 will be a republican, there’s no doubt about that. Focus on ensuring the best republican is elected in 2016 so he’ll enjoy a successful 8 years.

Nonsense.

The media couldn’t care less who wins – an Obama defeat will generate just as many ratings and profit, if not more.

Of course they do. because they are people. And when you read that something like 90% of journalists supported Obama/Kerry/Gore/Clinton compared to only about 43-53% of the general population, then you realize that there is a bias slipping in.

Romney's biggest cheerleaders have been the media. At least after the Beltway establishment. A Republican challenger gets ahead of him, it's a full out attack.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work.

It’s a failed argument, given it’s devoid of fact or evidence.

You mean other than the current failed economy, which is still in recession three years after this fool took office?

There is a fundamental wisdom to this, once one gets past the subjective partisan emotionalism.

Concede Obama his second term. The new president in 2017 will be a republican, there’s no doubt about that. Focus on ensuring the best republican is elected in 2016 so he’ll enjoy a successful 8 years.

I personally don't want to concede a second term to Obama. He's a worthless sack of crap. Honestly, you could put a sack of crap in the White House, and it couldn't do worse than he's done.

It will be a lot easier to fix the damage he's done in 2013 than it will be in 2017.

But the GOP seems determined to foist a candidate nobody really wants (except the Mormons and Wall Street) on us as the alternative, so we're probably stuck with the guy.

End of the day, he's still a guy with a crackpot religion who made his fortune putting regular Joes out of good paying jobs so he can buy himself a fourth mansion.

Governor of South Carolina an "establisment endorsement"?
:lol:
Come on Joe. Get real. You hate Romney because he does not kiss union bosses asses.

Governor of South Carolina an "establisment endorsement"?
:lol:
Come on Joe. Get real. You hate Romney because he does not kiss union bosses asses.

No, I hate I hate Romney because he's a Mormon. Just so we are all clear here.

The fact he screwed working people out of good paying jobs is exactly what I expect a Mormon to do. They are really the most back-stabbing mother effers I've ever met in my life, and I'd never trust one. Ever.

if he's the nominee, I'll vote for Obama.

Forum List

Back