Mitt Romney ahead in latest poll.

Good post on the Presidents.
Romney came to Georgia and South Carolina and picked up a lot of endorsements.
Word is that is the nicest most likeable easy going guy around. In fact, many have told me it is refreshing how he is so at ease with who he is.

Again, so what? He picked up a bunch of establishment endorsements.

When was the last time you voted for someone because "Governor X" endorsed him?

End of the day, he's still a guy with a crackpot religion who made his fortune putting regular Joes out of good paying jobs so he can buy himself a fourth mansion.

He probably puts Georgia in play for Obama.

Probably not Joe. Georgia is a solid yellow dog Republican state. And in many instances I hate that as we have NO competition in my county. Everyone years ago were Democrats and now they are all Republicans.
No competition amongst the parties leads to complacency amongst the voters and do nothing Republicans as we have now in Georgia.
Obama has NO chance in Georgia.

End of the day, he's still a guy with a crackpot religion who made his fortune putting regular Joes out of good paying jobs so he can buy himself a fourth mansion.

Governor of South Carolina an "establisment endorsement"?
:lol:
Come on Joe. Get real. You hate Romney because he does not kiss union bosses asses.

No, I hate I hate Romney because he's a Mormon. Just so we are all clear here.

The fact he screwed working people out of good paying jobs is exactly what I expect a Mormon to do. They are really the most back-stabbing mother effers I've ever met in my life, and I'd never trust one. Ever.

if he's the nominee, I'll vote for Obama.

One of the reasons I enjoy your posts Joe is because you are a breath of fresh air to the political arguments because you DO NOT use religion in your choices and opinions.
You funny man you!
Consistent you are not. You are as judgemental as any religous kook I have ever met with that post.

Come on Joe. Get real. You hate Romney because he does not kiss union bosses asses.

The fact he screwed working people out of good paying jobs is exactly what I expect a Mormon to do. They are really the most back-stabbing mother effers I've ever met in my life, and I'd never trust one. Ever.

if he's the nominee, I'll vote for Obama.

One of the reasons I enjoy your posts Joe is because you are a breath of fresh air to the political arguments because you DO NOT use religion in your choices and opinions.
You funny man you!
Consistent you are not. You are as judgemental as any religous kook I have ever met with that post.

Well, here's the thing. I have no use for any religion. But Mormonism offends me just a touch more because the fraud is so obvious. I only religion I can think of with a higher fraud factor is Scientology, where L. Ron Hubbard pretty much said he was making up a religion because it was a better way to make money than writing Science Fiction.

Mormonism isn't a religion, it's a cult. And in a cult, you get cult-like thinking. Complete obedience and bending your mind to accept utter bullshit. None of which I want around the nuclear weapons.

And I admit, my own opinion is colored by my encounters with Mormons I met when I was in the service. Honestly, the Moonies I met creeped me out less.

Probably not Joe. Georgia is a solid yellow dog Republican state. And in many instances I hate that as we have NO competition in my county. Everyone years ago were Democrats and now they are all Republicans.
No competition amongst the parties leads to complacency amongst the voters and do nothing Republicans as we have now in Georgia.

McCain only bested Obama in Georgia in 2008 by a little less than 200,000 votes out of some 4 million cast. And 30% of the population of Georgia is Southern Baptists, who hate Mormons more than I do.

So if there is a guy who could lose Georgia to Obama, it would be Romney.

Romney will be the most awesome guy in the world to the MSM. Until he gets the nomination.

Then we are all going to find out he's a slimy businessman with a whackjob religion and they will put a glaring spotlight on his every flaw.

Just like they did with McCain.

Just like they did Hillary.

Just like they did to Jack Ryan.

Obama survives by the media being his lapdog.

Nonsense.

The media couldn’t care less who wins – an Obama defeat will generate just as many ratings and profit, if not more.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work.

It’s a failed argument, given it’s devoid of fact or evidence.

Well, no, guy. No Way Romney ever becomes president. So the question is, will the GOP stop listening to stupid people making silly arguments about electablity and find someone else, or are they just going to throw the fight.

Which honestly, looks to me what they are trying to do. If I were trying to lose, I'd run Romney.
There is a fundamental wisdom to this, once one gets past the subjective partisan emotionalism.

Concede Obama his second term. The new president in 2017 will be a republican, there’s no doubt about that. Focus on ensuring the best republican is elected in 2016 so he’ll enjoy a successful 8 years.

I never concede anything political.
Romney is the next President-2012.

McCain only bested Obama in Georgia in 2008 by a little less than 200,000 votes out of some 4 million cast. And 30% of the population of Georgia is Southern Baptists, who hate Mormons more than I do.

You make a good point Joe.
But recently we had a referendum in Georgia on Sunday liquor sales. Keep in mind that when the lottery was voted on here years ago the Southern Baptists ran hard, hard against it. The lottery won by 50.3% for and 49.7 against. Atlanta and north Georgia was big majority for and south of Atlanta big majority against. South Georgia the against votes were 80% but the largest concentration of voters is metro Atlanta. Traditional Southern Baptists are not a factor in Atlanta politics anymore and politicians know that. ALL the $$ is spent in Atlanta politics including this next election. But back to the vote last month on Sunday alchohol sales at package stores:
Southern Baptists spent NOT ONE DIME fighting it and it passed by a 4 to 1 margin in favor.
Hate and bias is alive and well in Georgia amongst religous kooks. They hate Obama more for him being black and President and a liberal FAR MORE than Romney being a Mormon.

The fact he screwed working people out of good paying jobs is exactly what I expect a Mormon to do. They are really the most back-stabbing mother effers I've ever met in my life, and I'd never trust one. Ever. if he's the nominee, I'll vote for Obama.

Thus you let your religious bigotry overwhelm your political principles.

Nope, I let common sense overrule idealogy.

I wish I honestly could pin Romney down, but the guy has been on both sides of every issue, I don't even think he know what he believes politically.

BUt he really thinks God wanted Joseph Smith to bang teen girls... which is disqualifying enough for me.

But recently we had a referendum in Georgia on Sunday liquor sales. Keep in mind that when the lottery was voted on here years ago the Southern Baptists ran hard, hard against it. The lottery won by 50.3% for and 49.7 against. Atlanta and north Georgia was big majority for and south of Atlanta big majority against. South Georgia the against votes were 80% but the largest concentration of voters is metro Atlanta. Traditional Southern Baptists are not a factor in Atlanta politics anymore and politicians know that. ALL the $$ is spent in Atlanta politics including this next election. But back to the vote last month on Sunday alchohol sales at package stores:
Southern Baptists spent NOT ONE DIME fighting it and it passed by a 4 to 1 margin in favor.
Hate and bias is alive and well in Georgia amongst religous kooks. They hate Obama more for him being black and President and a liberal FAR MORE than Romney being a Mormon.

Not the impression I get from most SBC types I talk to. They really think that Mormons are luring their kids into hell. Honestly. That's what they think.

Now, I don't think there is a hell... or a heaven, or a God. Mormonism offends me because of the outright fraud involved in it.

And again, McCain, who was a Baptist, only won Georgia by 200K votes. That's pretty close.

Nope, I let common sense overrule idealogy. I wish I honestly could pin Romney down, but the guy has been on both sides of every issue, I don't even think he know what he believes politically. BUt he really thinks God wanted Joseph Smith to bang teen girls... which is disqualifying enough for me.

You have no ideology, JoeBigot, that's the point. And if you are letting yourself be defined by what a wacko did almost 200 years ago (and I hope you are not inferring that MR does such thing ~ you would lose the sliver of cred you have here), then I doubt anyone is truly concerned with what you think.

You have no ideology, JoeBigot, that's the point. And if you are letting yourself be defined by what a wacko did almost 200 years ago (and I hope you are not inferring that MR does such thing ~ you would lose the sliver of cred you have here), then I doubt anyone is truly concerned with what you think.

BUt Mitt thinks the whacko from 200 years ago was REALLY TALKING TO GOD!

That's the point, dumbass.

And there are only two philosophical views you can take on that. Either you think he was talking to God, and therefore you need to sign up right now.

or

You realize he was a too bit con man, and anyone who falls for it is a hopeless dupe who can't be trusted with nuclear weapons.

there really isn't a middle ground that is somewhat mitigated because you like his policy on Abortion or the Tax code.

If you think Joseph Smith or L. Ron Hubbard or Rev. Moon is talking to God, I can't trust you in the presidency.

Which is why I won't vote for a Mormon, a Scientologist or a Moonie.

Not the impression I get from most SBC types I talk to. They really think that Mormons are luring their kids into hell. Honestly. That's what they think.

Now, I don't think there is a hell... or a heaven, or a God. Mormonism offends me because of the outright fraud involved in it.

And again, McCain, who was a Baptist, only won Georgia by 200K votes. That's pretty close.

Having been born and raised in the south I have seen my share of bigots and racists all of my life. But also having relatives in Ohio, Indiana and other midwestern states I know that the big time white supremacist types are your way Joe. They are smarter than the red neck minor league racists we now have here.
John McCain ain't no Southern Baptist Joe. Get real. His Baptist denomination is left of Southern Baptists. Original Baptists in this country were left leaning.

And there are only two philosophical views you can take on that. Either you think he was talking to God, and therefore you need to sign up right now.

or

You realize he was a too bit con man, and anyone who falls for it is a hopeless dupe who can't be trusted with nuclear weapons.

there really isn't a middle ground that is somewhat mitigated because you like his policy on Abortion or the Tax code.

If you think Joseph Smith or L. Ron Hubbard or Rev. Moon is talking to God, I can't trust you in the presidency.

But you will vote for someone that believes there is an invisible bearded man in the sky on a gold throne with a dude at pearly gates that is the door opener.
:cuckoo::cuckoo:
Your logic, or lack of it, makes no fucking sense.

or

But you will vote for someone that believes there is an invisible bearded man in the sky on a gold throne with a dude at pearly gates that is the door opener.
:cuckoo::cuckoo:
Your logic, or lack of it, makes no fucking sense.

Major difference. There wasn't malicious fraud involved in mainstream Christianity.

I look at the bible as people with a limited understanding trying to make sense out of a universe. There wasn't an attempt to put one over on anyone. They were trying to sort things out as best they could.

Mormonism was a guy trying to trick less smart people out of their money and their daughters' virginity... So, yeah, I see that as being a little worse.

JoeBigot has lost it: he thinks southern evangelicals are going to vote for a two-time divorcee with numerous maritial infidelities and now converted to Catholicism in place of a LDS honorable man married for 43 years to a wonderful woman.

JoeBigot has lost it.

DES MOINES, Iowa, Dec 27 - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's campaign struggled to fend off more bad news on Tuesday after he was quoted supporting main rival Mitt Romney's healthcare reform in Massachusetts.

Gingrich, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, has seen his poll numbers drop in the early-voting state of Iowa under a blitz of negative ads accusing him of being an unreliable Washington insider.

DES MOINES, Iowa, Dec 27 - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's campaign struggled to fend off more bad news on Tuesday after he was quoted supporting main rival Mitt Romney's healthcare reform in Massachusetts.

Gingrich, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, has seen his poll numbers drop in the early-voting state of Iowa under a blitz of negative ads accusing him of being an unreliable Washington insider.

More trouble for Gingrich as Iowa campaign quickens - Yahoo! News

JoeBigot has lost it: he thinks southern evangelicals are going to vote for a two-time divorcee with numerous maritial infidelities and now converted to Catholicism in place of a LDS honorable man married for 43 years to a wonderful woman.

JoeBigot has lost it.

Gingrich, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, has seen his poll numbers drop in the early-voting state of Iowa under a blitz of negative ads accusing him of being an unreliable Washington insider.]

LDS and Honorable don't even belong in the same sentence...

Romney is still mired at less than 25%. All his bombing of Newt has done is enable Ron Paul. Maybe Perry will get a second look.

Romney might get the nomination, but he won't be leading many people.

My prediction. He gets less votes than McCain did and several states McCain won Obama will pick up.

No one is sweeping Romney, JoeBigot: his nomination is inevitable, unless Old Man Paul can pull it off. If he does, Obama wins by more than 60%. At least you would be happy.

It’s still Romney on top in NH – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It is over. Mitt is going to be the GOP nominee. The baggers need to bite their tongues and vote for him. There is not a far right extremist on the horizon.

After this Primary in Virginia Romney can go f himself.

Huh?

It's ROMNEY'S fault that Virginia has strict requirements for getting on the ballot ... or that Gingrich and the rest couldn't muster up enough support to meet the requirements?

What the heck?

Maybe there's something wrong with Virginia's system, but Gingrich effed up and that's not Romney's fault. What's this f himself business?

Forum List

Back