Mitt Romney, '47 Percent' Filmmaker Had Encounter Prior To Infamous Speech

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Jason Cherkis and Ryan Grim

WASHINGTON -- The bartender who secretly filmed Mitt Romney's infamous "47 percent" remarks at a Boca Raton fundraiser last May had an idea of what the former Massachusetts governor and GOP presidential nominee was really like. The two had crossed paths before.

The filmmaker tells The Huffington Post that he had actually met Romney at a previous fundraiser, held months before at the home of private equity manager Marc Leder. At that event, which included drinks and a quick speech by the presidential candidate, the would-be filmmaker also tended bar.

He and Romney shared a typical bartender-to-patron moment.

"I handed him a diet Coke with lemon on it," the filmmaker recalled, "because I was told that that's what he drank."

Romney didn't acknowledge his server at all.

"He took it and turned and didn't say anything," the filmmaker explained. "I presented him the exact right drink that he wanted ... Had it there, sitting there on a napkin. He took it out of my hand and turned his back without a 'thank you' or anything else."

He told HuffPost that former President Bill Clinton had partly inspired him to release the video: He had worked at a Clinton event at which the politician had made an effort to greet the cooks and waiters. Romney had been the opposite.

"You can tell a lot about someone the way they take a drink from you," he said. "[Romney] took it and just turned his back."

More: Mitt Romney, '47 Percent' Filmmaker Had Encounter Prior To Infamous Speech

Meet Scott Prouty, the 47 Percent Video Source | David Corn/Mother Jones

Whoa, it ain't nice to piss off the bartender. This is exactly the kind of person I thought Romney was - no respect for the "little people"...

He told HuffPost that former President Bill Clinton had partly inspired him to release the video: He had worked at a Clinton event at which the politician had made an effort to greet the cooks and waiters. Romney had been the opposite.

Bill Clinton respects the little people.

the left and the op troll is having orgasms over some man nobody knows or gives a shit about

how cute

:suck:

Last edited:
Seriously, does the OP surprise anyone about the kind of person Mitt Romney is?

Obama won, and Romney eats babies... We get it. Can you please stop hammering the board with this nonsense? How many threads do we need about celebrating a nobody bartender who knows how to use his camera phone?

Forum List

Back