Cheney Attacks Obama For Prosecuting CIA Agents, Something That Is Not Happening

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Cheney Attacks Obama For Prosecuting CIA Agents, Something That Is Not Happening « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Former Vice President Dick Cheney attacked the Obama administration on Fox News Sunday for prosecuting CIA agents for using torture.

Only, President Obama announced that CIA agents that used harsh interrogation tactics would not be prosecuted, two years ago.

In an investigation headed by special prosecutor John Durham, it was determined that no charges would be filed in the destruction of CIA torture videotapes.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Cheney lied about Obama?

Wish I could say, "That's a first".

Cheney Attacks Obama For Prosecuting CIA Agents, Something That Is Not Happening « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Former Vice President Dick Cheney attacked the Obama administration on Fox News Sunday for prosecuting CIA agents for using torture.
Only, President Obama announced that CIA agents that used harsh interrogation tactics would not be prosecuted, two years ago.
In an investigation headed by special prosecutor John Durham, it was determined that no charges would be filed in the destruction of CIA torture videotapes.

What you are is Jack's complete lack of credibility.

The DoJ under Holder, and Obama, is investigating those CIA agents despite Obama's statement that they would not be prosecuted.

It would also help if you read something other than "Liberaland" to find out what Cheney actually said.

"It's unfortunate," Cheney said. "These men deserve to be decorated. They don't deserve to be prosecuted."
Cheney noted there was a "complete investigation" during the Bush administration that concluded the agents had not violated the law. He said the decision by Holder to reopen that case and hand it over to a special prosecutor sets a "terrible precedent."
"These are government employees. They did nothing wrong, as best as any of us knows," Cheney told "Fox News Sunday." "It is an outrage that we would go after the people who deserve the credit for keeping us safe for seven and a half years."

Cheney: Justice Probe of CIA Interrogators an 'Outrage' - Dick Cheney - Fox Nation

Idiot

What you are is Jack's complete lack of credibility.

The DoJ under Holder, and Obama, is investigating those CIA agents despite Obama's statement that they would not be prosecuted.

It would also help if you read something other than "Liberaland" to find out what Cheney actually said.

"It's unfortunate," Cheney said. "These men deserve to be decorated. They don't deserve to be prosecuted."
Cheney noted there was a "complete investigation" during the Bush administration that concluded the agents had not violated the law. He said the decision by Holder to reopen that case and hand it over to a special prosecutor sets a "terrible precedent."
"These are government employees. They did nothing wrong, as best as any of us knows," Cheney told "Fox News Sunday." "It is an outrage that we would go after the people who deserve the credit for keeping us safe for seven and a half years."

Cheney: Justice Probe of CIA Interrogators an 'Outrage' - Dick Cheney - Fox Nation

Idiot

what ? Someone just reads what they want to read and denies facts? Say it aint so.

has cheney ever told the truth about anything?

Has Modbert? :lol:

Well he did say that Reagan proved the defecit did not matter.

There is no question that the Obama DOJ reopened the investigation. I do not know if it is still active or not. I'm certain that Holder doesn't want the publicity right now for his boss.

Have you?

Obama had Holder Re Open the Investigations, Key word Investigation. So you are correct they are not being Prosecuted.....Yet. I suspect getting Osama means these Investigations will now go away, but the Fact that Obama felt the need to Re Open tells us all that we need to know about him.

Cheney exhibiting his contempt for the rule of law is no surprise.

But Obama has no authority to order an end to investigations if the findings of the investigations warrant indictments for the same reason.

Holder is obligated to prosecute those who violate the law – regardless of circumstances or intent.

Cheney lied about Obama?

Obama pissed off a lot of liberals when he went out of his way and said he would not prosecute anyone involved with torture.

In fact, he said if anyone of them have any kind of need for a lawyer defending themselves again charges pertaining to torture, the govt would pay for it.

Jesus Christ righty's are dumb idiots who will believe anything.

I'm surprised Obama hasn't appeared RECENTLY to publically contradict Cheney....

....I wonder why he has not......:eusa_whistle:

Maybe its just easier to let Alan Colmes defend him?

Well, at any rate, it should make for some interesting exchanges for Obama to have with Republican rivals when he cannot hide behind Colmes.:cool:

Cheney lied about Obama?

Obama pissed off a lot of liberals when he went out of his way and said he would not prosecute anyone involved with torture.

In fact, he said if anyone of them have any kind of need for a lawyer defending themselves again charges pertaining to torture, the govt would pay for it.

Jesus Christ righty's are dumb idiots who will believe anything.

Really? Then why did Holder reopen the investigations? You do understand the word "reopened" don't you?

I do believe you made something up.... You really do have an imagination....

Forum List

Back