Mitch McConnell Votes Against Interracial Marriage Despite Asian Wife

State rights are a tool of the racists. Who knows what those crazy fucks will do. The GOP hates blacks.
No, we welcome EVERY black person in the nation to join us. We have made TREMENDOUS strides in that department the last 6 years or so. Black people and hispanics are leaving the left in droves.

No, we welcome EVERY black person in the nation to join us. We have made TREMENDOUS strides in that department the last 6 years or so. Black people and hispanics are leaving the left in droves.
They hate feeling owned by Democrats, so this only makes sense.
Imagine that, Democrats owning colored people.

Yep the GOP is pissed when they see you walking arm in arm with a white man, aren't those the days you and Coondace want to go back to. It was more Democrats that voted to get rid of those laws than there were Republicans, but I guess you are just going to keep repeating that lie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the whole interracial marriage thing solved by the USSC in the Loving vs. Virginia ruling? That ruling ended all race-based restrictions on marriage for the whole country. If that's true, then what votes did the Democrats do that got rid of those laws?

Then what? Congress and the Senate gather enough votes to ban interracial marriage? Do you think even a single person would be in support of this banning? :laugh:

No but states could. All the same........quit sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Then what? Congress and the Senate gather enough votes to ban interracial marriage? Do you think even a single person would be in support of this banning? :laugh:

Sounds like to me, they're trying to attach gay marriage and interracial marriage together in that if one goes away, they'll both go away. In a way, I can see it. When gay marriage was passed in the USSC, the court did use Loving v. Virginia to justify the majority's decision. That being said, anyone with a brain knows that the idea of interracial marriage going away, even in the Deep South, is a total non-starter.

How many more Democrats voted against those laws than Republicans?

By party and region[edit]​

The House of Representatives:[3]

Note that four Representatives voted Present while 13 did not vote.

The Senate:[2]

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the whole interracial marriage thing solved by the USSC in the Loving vs. Virginia ruling? That ruling ended all race-based restrictions on marriage for the whole country. If that's true, then what votes did the Democrats do that got rid of those laws?
Kind of like we thought the USSC had solved the whole abortion thing, but we see that isn't true.

By party and region[edit]​

The House of Representatives:[3]

Note that four Representatives voted Present while 13 did not vote.

The Senate:[2]

Thanks.

So in the House, 91 Dems voted no versus 35 Republicans voting no.

In the Senate, 21 Democrats voted no versus 6 Republicans voting no.

Looks like more Democrats voted to keep those laws than Republicans.

Marriage shouldn't be about politics but sadly with many of you, everything is.
It wasnt political until the left made it political. It used to be that marriage was a thousands year old religious tradition of men and women getting married in a religious ceremony. You all hijacked this ceremony and changed it into something else, with zero respect for the culture of the people who invented the tradition.

It would be like claiming to be a muslim and then using Ramadan to gorge on food and get drunk for 30 days. Clearly this would offend muslims.

It wasnt political until the left made it political. It used to be that marriage was a thousands year old religious tradition of men and women getting married in a religious ceremony. You all hijacked this ceremony and changed it into something else, with zero respect for the culture of the people who invented the tradition.

It would be like claiming to be a muslim and then using Ramadan to gorge on food and get drunk for 30 days. Clearly this would offend muslims.

I say to get the government out of it 100%. You say "how does it affect my politics".

I say to get the government out of it 100%. You say "how does it affect my politics".
The government is who legalized gay marriage in the first place. Now youre saying that i should stay out of the conversation about it? Why?

See boot licking black folks like you have been around since the first slaves stepped off the ships. You would be what Brutha Malcolm called a House Negro, if the master gets sick, you are one of those fools who be saying, "is we sick massa."
Sounds an awful lot like you and your Jewish Masters in the Democrat Party. “A black man insulted joos, Massa? Don’t worry Massa, we’ll attack him fo’ ya.”

The government is who legalized gay marriage in the first place. Now youre saying that i should stay out of the conversation about it? Why?

The government had no choice as it can not discriminate. Get the government out and whoever wants to marry, whoever by whatever means they deem valid can do so.

Nothing I've said has been conflicting. As long as the government is giving out benefits, it can't pick and choose.

Forum List

Back