Mitch McConnell, the man who broke America

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘By rights, McConnell’s tombstone should say that he presided over the end of the Senate. And I’d add a second line: “He broke America.” No man has done more in recent years to undermine the functioning of U.S. government. His has been the epitome of unprincipled leadership, the triumph of tactics in service of short-term power. After McConnell justified his filibuster-ending “nuclear option” by saying it would be beneficial for the Senate, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said this: “Whoever says that is a stupid idiot.”’

Opinion | Mitch McConnell, the man who broke America

McConnell’s hypocrisy is as reprehensible as is his blind partisanism, given he defended the filibuster when minority leader.

‘By rights, McConnell’s tombstone should say that he presided over the end of the Senate. And I’d add a second line: “He broke America.” No man has done more in recent years to undermine the functioning of U.S. government. His has been the epitome of unprincipled leadership, the triumph of tactics in service of short-term power. After McConnell justified his filibuster-ending “nuclear option” by saying it would be beneficial for the Senate, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said this: “Whoever says that is a stupid idiot.”’

McConnell’s hypocrisy is as reprehensible as is his blind partisanism, given he defended the filibuster when minority leader.
I dunno. I'd put Harry Reid up against him in both the reprehensible and blind partisan categories.

OP fail. fallacy of the single cause.

You're slipping OP, lol.....

McConnell's the smartest man in the room in terms of this event. He returned the Senate to its original form, and killed a lot of nonsensical grandstanding.

Forum List

Back