MIT professor: global warming is a ‘religion’

Unsurprisingly, you have that ass-backwards.

The internet has been a massive thorn in the side of the left. It allows people to see and discuss things the left would rather have hidden from view.

The liberal media used to be the final word. The left had a stranglehold on what was seen and what wasn't. You had the thought control you love.

But then the internet happened, and now we can see the bullshit you're trying to force on us...and MAN, you hate that! You would gladly do away with all dissenting voices. It's that progressives do...because people don't always choose the way you insist they should. More information = more informed choices = disaster to progressivism.

You compare the internet to book-burning? That's amazingly stupid. The internet is like unlocking the library and letting everyone in to read.

You're just pissed off that they're reading things you have no control over.

It SUCKS to be you.

If you believe that everything on the Internet is right, no wonder you were so easy to lead astray.
Your problem is...you're just so damn stupid.

Nowhere did I say that everything on the internet is right.

Did I? Be honest for two whole seconds back to back.

No, you hate the internet because it allows unapproved ideas to be exposed to the public.

That's very dangerous to progressives. Can't have people thinking for themselves, oh no!

I can't decide which I find more incredulous. That you feel that you need to check on the IPCC, or that you think that you can.

How do you know that all the Internet stuff that you base your hatred of science on isn't the BS half of what's on the Internet?

So, in your world, science is not credible. If that is what you believe what are you doing here? This forum is about science.
SCIENCE is credible -- if it's done correctly.

Climate science is not credible. Nor is the IPCC...as I'm sure you've seen in the thread I started a little while ago.

:lmao:

What science can you offer that is a more credible explanation of the impact of GHGs on climate?

Perhaps you're having trouble finding the thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/312288-is-this-sop-at-the-ipcc.html

Now tell me why I must believe the IPCC.

You're not totally hopeless.

We can handle the waste we have now.
Some idiot decided we shouldn't reprocess the waste, and another idiot decided we shouldn't move it to Yucca Mountain, so now it sits.

The world has trouble today keeping fissionable materials away from terrorists. Making more available is very risky.

Finding a suitable burial ground is an improvement but comes down to States rights. NIMBY.

The world has trouble today keeping fissionable materials away from terrorists.

It does? Since when?

Making more available is very risky.

Reprocessing spent fuel in the US makes fissile material more available to terrorists?
How do you figure that?

Finding a suitable burial ground is an improvement

Burying perfectly good uranium and plutonium fuel would be a massive waste.

So much for you to learn.

Nuclear reprocessing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I feel no obligation to prove a claim I haven't made.

Like all progressives, you're simply not very bright. You think calling yourself a progressive means you're for progress.

Progressivism itself is about suppression of individual liberties by a strong central government.

And you call that "progress".

"Progressivism itself is about suppression of individual liberties by a strong central government"

God you're stupid.

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Progressivism is a general political philosophy based on the idea of progress that asserts that advances in science, technology, economic development, and social organization, can improve the human condition. Progressivism originated in the Age of the Enlightenment in Europe out of the belief that Europe was demonstrating that societies could progress in civility from barbaric conditions to civilization through strengthening the basis of empirical knowledge as the foundation of society.[1] Figures of the Enlightenment believed that progress had universal application to all societies and that these ideas would spread from Europe to across the world.[2]"

I'm not as stupid as you.

You listen to what progressives say.

I watch what they do.

And the two are always at odds.

Progressivism ALWAYS ends in lakes of blood. If you can't get people to voluntarily accept your policies...you eliminate them. First, politically; then...mass graves.

This is what history shows. REAL history; not your Wikipedia version.

The voices in your head need to be replaced by a good dose of world history.

Last edited:
I'm saying until you prove conclusively the NEED for this largest project, we shouldn't waste money on it.

The people who will solve the problem are already satisfied that it's both needed and an opportunity. The whiners like you, always whine, never contribute. That's why you've chosen to be irrelevant. Whining takes no knowledge, avoids all responsibility, and contributes nothing. The perfect job for failures.
Good Gaea, but your faux superiority is getting tiresome.

Kid, get off your ass and DO something. EARN that level of arrogance.

Pfffft. Like that'll ever happen... :cool:

"EARN that level of arrogance."

Already have. Just like you have earned here the description of a pathetic whiner.

I can't decide which I find more incredulous. That you feel that you need to check on the IPCC, or that you think that you can.
Wow. Just...wow.

And YOU claim I'M a blind follower? You claim I can't think for myself?

You are living proof that the OP is correct. You unthinkingly and slavishly believe the dogma handed down to you from the high priests, the IPCC.

You can not credibly deny this.
How do you know that all the Internet stuff that you base your hatred of science on isn't the BS half of what's on the Internet?
Once again, for the stupid lying bastards among us:

I don't hate science. Science is great. It's fascinating. It's the key to survival for mankind.

What I DON'T like is crap science. Science with an agenda. Science that hides and distorts and manipulates data. Science that isn't open for all to see.

In other words, I don't like AGW science.

"Progressivism itself is about suppression of individual liberties by a strong central government"

God you're stupid.

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Progressivism is a general political philosophy based on the idea of progress that asserts that advances in science, technology, economic development, and social organization, can improve the human condition. Progressivism originated in the Age of the Enlightenment in Europe out of the belief that Europe was demonstrating that societies could progress in civility from barbaric conditions to civilization through strengthening the basis of empirical knowledge as the foundation of society.[1] Figures of the Enlightenment believed that progress had universal application to all societies and that these ideas would spread from Europe to across the world.[2]"

I watch what they do.

Progressivism ALWAYS ends in lakes of blood. If you can't get people to voluntarily accept your policies...you eliminate them. First, politically; then...mass graves.

I've got a good grasp on history. And it disagrees with your fake version.

The people who will solve the problem are already satisfied that it's both needed and an opportunity. The whiners like you, always whine, never contribute. That's why you've chosen to be irrelevant. Whining takes no knowledge, avoids all responsibility, and contributes nothing. The perfect job for failures.

Already have. Just like you have earned here the description of a pathetic whiner.
I hate to gut your CV, kid, but "being a liberal" is NOT an accomplishment. It's NOT something other people will oooh and aaaah over. It doesn't give your opinions the weight of fact.

So no, you have in fact earned nothing.

SCIENCE is credible -- if it's done correctly.

Climate science is not credible. Nor is the IPCC...as I'm sure you've seen in the thread I started a little while ago.

What science can you offer that is a more credible explanation of the impact of GHGs on climate?

Because they have education, resources, background, integrity, data, academic connections, and intelligence nearly infinitely beyond yours.

The world has trouble today keeping fissionable materials away from terrorists. Making more available is very risky.

Finding a suitable burial ground is an improvement but comes down to States rights. NIMBY.

It does? Since when?

Reprocessing spent fuel in the US makes fissile material more available to terrorists?
How do you figure that?

I didn't see anything in there that backed your claims.
Try again?

I hate to gut your CV, kid, but "being a liberal" is NOT an accomplishment. It's NOT something other people will oooh and aaaah over. It doesn't give your opinions the weight of fact.

The accomplishment of liberals are very well known. The failures of conservatives are legion.

It does? Since when?

How do you figure that?

I didn't see anything in there that backed your claims.
Try again?

If you didn't see anything, you either didn't read it or are unable to understand it.

Because they have education, resources, background, integrity, data, academic connections, and intelligence nearly infinitely beyond yours.
Go post that in my IPCC thread. You know -- the one you're avoiding.

I watch what they do.

Then you don't have a good grasp on history.

The accomplishment of liberals are very well known. The failures of conservatives are legion.
Kid, you don't get to take credit for what other people have done.

YOU have to do something. And stamping your feet and holding your breath until you turn blue on the internet because people won't validate your vastly overblown sense of self-worth is NOT doing something.

Then you don't have a good grasp on history.

More foot-stamping.

Kid, you bore me. No matter how much you insist I should, I'm not going to declare you the smartest guy in the room -- mostly because you're one of the dumbest.

Wow. Just...wow.

And YOU claim I'M a blind follower? You claim I can't think for myself?

You are living proof that the OP is correct. You unthinkingly and slavishly believe the dogma handed down to you from the high priests, the IPCC.

You can not credibly deny this.
Once again, for the stupid lying bastards among us:

I don't hate science. Science is great. It's fascinating. It's the key to survival for mankind.

What I DON'T like is crap science. Science with an agenda. Science that hides and distorts and manipulates data. Science that isn't open for all to see.

In other words, I don't like AGW science.

There is no such thing as AGW science. It's your standard physics, chemistry, biology, geology, meterology, mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering, statistics and mathematics, all brought to bear on the effect of GHGs on the climate.

I don't know or care. What I care for is a science based evaluation of all alternatives as fully costed as the science allows and the selection of the least cost end and rate of progress.

To tell you the truth, I'm sick of saying it. If your reading retention is that bad, you remedy it.

"What I care for is a science based evaluation of all alternatives as fully costed as the science allows and the selection of the least cost end and rate of progress"

This is what conservatives fear most. Objectivity. Fact and evidence based action.

Why? They want to impose what they want on everybody. Do nothing and hope for the best.

This is the "freedom" that they prize. The freedom to impose what they want on others. Not what facts show, but what they want.

Join me in saying "fuck you". We don't need you to tell us what your media cultmeisters told you. We think for ourselves and go with the objective truth of science.
Whereas you want to spend trillions that we don't have -- and you don't even know or care what the result will be.

The standard leftist response to any problem: Throw someone else's money at it.

Oh, and you don't want anyone to have a say in it, either. You want to impose your will on others...because you KNOW what's best for them.

And the pathetic thing is, progressives can't even run their own lives. You sissies are always whining that the government should make your decisions for you.

Pathetic.

And yet my solution is less expensive than yours. Thinking that ignoring problems will make them go away is the stuff of conservative wet dreams.

Still no conservative science that explains what they wish was true about GHGs. Not a single thing.

Forum List

Back