Missouri Supreme Court Allows Abortion Ballot Initiative to Move Ahead

Well Missourans get to decide whether or not women have a right to abortion via direct ballot. To date every direct ballot election has led to protecting abortion. Its also a potential indicator of statewide races in 2024. Democracy!

Missouri Supreme Court Allows Abortion Ballot Initiative to Move Ahead​

Missouri also expanded Medicaid via referendum, wrongly opposed by state Republicans.

We’ll likely see more state referenda used to circumvent Republican-controlled state houses where Republicans refuse to respect and acknowledge the will of the people.

Remember when America was great? Uneducated blue collar workers could afford to raise a family. So abortion wasn’t necessary. That was about the same time abortion was made legal. Since Reagan workers have taken a huge step backward.

37% of Americans can’t come up with $400 for an emergency. And you want them to have kids? They have to borrow the $500 to get an abortion.

If our economy werent what it is, I would maybe agree. No reason to abort. And I bet a lot fewer people who abort would. And the 9nes who would regardless, I dont want to stop them. They’d probably be horrible parents and raise horrible humans.
If a person can't afford to have a child, then she shouldn't get pregnant. Stop lowering standards by taking drugs and booze then opening the legs to the first Tom, Dick, or Harry.

Ohio is doing the same thing. Special election is next month. I see one vote (yes) to every 20 vote (no) sign.

I'm pro-life but then again the rest of my views are 100% opposed to politicians trying to take decisions out of the hands of the people. (which is what a yes vote in Ohio would do)
Everyone is pro-life – including those who support a woman’s right to privacy and support limiting the authority of the state.

That's not the issue.
The issue is that women have no right to take the life of another human being for convenience.

That baby has has all the basic natural human rights to life despite your best efforts to deny them
To many that is the issue actually.

Unfortunately many of the policies many who consider themselves pro-life does lead to many others turning to abortion.
It’s true! Here’s a great example. Their economy makes it hard for Americans to be middle class. College unaffordable. So we aren’t having enough kids. Right now we have 10 million un filled jobs. So what’s the solution? Immigrants. Republicans don’t want to let them in. But their economic policies made it so we are going to need them especially if we want social security to be funded. Let them in and make them legal so they pay taxes.

This will also lower wages. Corporations love that. They also support republicans.

Trump republicans won’t like this but corporate republicans or rinos won’t mind.

If a person can't afford to have a child, then she shouldn't get pregnant. Stop lowering standards by taking drugs and booze then opening the legs to the first Tom, Dick, or Harry.
You guys always come back with that. We’re talk8ng about people who don’t take that advice. Should they be forced to have the child? I think no.

Especially if the baby’s going to be retarded. You republicans have been way too extreme. In some states.

Birth control should be used before sex.
We’re talking about two freshman in college who didn’t wear a condom and aren’t ready to be parents. They should have the right to abort. Or take the morning after pill. You republicans have even banned those. And you’re passing laws like if someone drives her out of state to get an abortion they are guilt of a crime? Wow!

Forum List

Back