Missouri may elect record number of women to statewide office

acludem

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2003
Missouri
This year my state of Missouri could elect a woman Governor, Lt. Governor, U.S. Senator, and State Treasurer. The next Secretary of State will be a woman in a race between House Speaker Catherine Hanaway (R) and Robin Carnahan (D) daughter of the late Gov. Mel Carnahan and former Senator Jean Carnahan. There are two other Democrats (Governor candidate Claire McCaskill and Lt. Governor candidate Bekki Cook) and one Republican (State treasurer candidate Sarah Steelman).

I congratulate both parties for having so many strong women candidates representing them on the November ballot.

acludem

Not that I have anything against Female politicians. But who cares?

Seriously, who cares if they male or female, if they are black, hispanic, white or asian? Who cares if they are Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Athiest etc?

those things are superficial.

What matters is that they are men or women of integrity

What matters is that they are leaders with moral clarity and strong character

What matters is that they are willing to support the freedom of this nation.

What matters is that they are willing to make tough choices and do whats right even if its unpopular.

Now religious persuasion my influences these things to one way or another but gender or skin color doesnt influence any of that at all.

So like i said, Who cares?

Also this year your great state of Missouri stood up for what is right and banned gay marriage. Missouri is truely a wonderful place to live, I envy you.

acludem said:
This year my state of Missouri could elect a woman Governor, Lt. Governor, U.S. Senator, and State Treasurer. The next Secretary of State will be a woman in a race between House Speaker Catherine Hanaway (R) and Robin Carnahan (D) daughter of the late Gov. Mel Carnahan and former Senator Jean Carnahan. There are two other Democrats (Governor candidate Claire McCaskill and Lt. Governor candidate Bekki Cook) and one Republican (State treasurer candidate Sarah Steelman).

I congratulate both parties for having so many strong women candidates representing them on the November ballot.

acludem

You act surprised. Is it becuase you didn't think women could succeed in this fashion? Oh I get it---you are using this as an example of what the ACLU has accomplished for women who were persecuted.

I'm not at all surprised that women are succeeding in this fashion. It's nice to point out this accomplishment - it's a milestone - like Greg Maddux's 300th win the other day.

As for gay marriage, I consider that to be a step backward for my state, and am ashamed that my state would choose to place discrimination and bigotry into our Constitution.

acludem

Forum List

Back