Missouri lawmaker introduces bill that would require AR15 ownership

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Missouri lawmaker introduces bill that would require AR-15 ownership
ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – A bill introduced in Missouri would require residents to own AR-15 guns.
Andrew McDaniel (R-Deering) introduced House Bill 1108 late last month. The bill would establish the McDaniel Militia Act, “which requires every person between 18 and 35 years of age who can legally possess a firearm to own an AR-15 and authorizes a tax credit for a purchase of an AR-15.”

Even if it goes nowhere the guy put it out there, the laws are getting crazy why in the hell couldn't it work.
Now this is one guy whose talking. Reminds me of Switzerland where everyone is required to own a gun they have the lowest crime rates in the world oh imagine that. I wonder why that might be......Duuuuh.

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – A bill introduced in Missouri would require residents to own AR-15 guns.
Andrew McDaniel (R-Deering) introduced House Bill 1108 late last month. The bill would establish the McDaniel Militia Act, “which requires every person between 18 and 35 years of age who can legally possess a firearm to own an AR-15 and authorizes a tax credit for a purchase of an AR-15.”

Even if it goes nowhere the guy put it out there, the laws are getting crazy why in the hell couldn't it work.
Now this is one guy whose talking. Reminds me of Switzerland where everyone is required to own a gun they have the lowest crime rates in the world oh imagine that. I wonder why that might be......Duuuuh.
AR's are just barbie dolls for men,,,give me a mini-14 anyday

• Banned

AR's are just barbie dolls for men,,,give me a mini-14 anyday

Yeah but you know the pansies think anything with a trigger is an AR15

I have an AK. Does that mean I'll be banned from setting foot in Missouri?

No.

If the government is required to purchase your rights for you, then you are beholden to them.

The Second Amendment says I have a right to bear arms. It does NOT say I have a right to have anyone pay for it.

This is as bad as a gun ban bill.

What next? A bill requiring you to vote and some cash to go vote too?

No.

If the government is required to purchase your rights for you, then you are beholden to them.

The Second Amendment says I have a right to bear arms. It does NOT say I have a right to have anyone pay for it.

a tax credit is not them buying it for you,,,in fact it would fall under your right of not being infringed by costing you money,,,paying taxs on arms is an infringement,,,

and you dont need money to vote,,just walk your happy ass to the booth and vote

No.

a tax credit is not them buying it for you,,,in fact it would fall under your right of not being infringed by costing you money,,,paying taxs on arms is an infringement,,,

1. They allow you to keep more of your money. Sounds like a bribe to Me.

2. Congress shall make no law.....and 'Shall not be infringed'.

Handing out tax credits is making a law, and more important, you will now be dependant upon the government for your second amendment rights.

You have the right to bear arms. You have this right not because of government, but because it is a right.

Don't let government into the equation at all.

No.

Handing out tax credits is making a law, and more important, you will now be dependant upon the government for your second amendment rights.

You have the right to bear arms. You have this right not because of government, but because it is a right.

shall make no law is the 1st not the 2nd A,,,

and since the credit comes after purchase how are you dependent on them???

and you are not required to get the credit,,,

of course its a gimmick law, but the credit is a valid issue,,I would just make it no taxs on the purchase and a deduction since its a rights issue

No.

of course its a gimmick law, but the credit is a valid issue,,I would just make it no taxs on the purchase and a deduction since its a rights issue

The first is what sets the basis and tone for the entire Bill of Rights. It provides that these amendments are protections of the citizen, not permissions of the government.

The tax credit is an inducement. Additionally, the 2nd Amendment also implies, though it does not explicitly state, that if you don't wish to exercise your right to own a firearm, you have that right too.

No, this is a bad bill and should be shredded an burned, preferably before this guys eyes.

Requiring gun ownership is as about as idiotic as one can imagine. If we were living in another time it might be embraced, but no not this day and age. To many mentally ill people out there being missed as it is. Keep it a freedom of choice thing, and then we should still continue the extensive back ground check for purchasing guns today.

No.

The first is what sets the basis and tone for the entire Bill of Rights. It provides that these amendments are protections of the citizen, not permissions of the government.

The tax credit is an inducement. Additionally, the 2nd Amendment also implies, though it does not explicitly state, that if you don't wish to exercise your right to own a firearm, you have that right too.

No, this is a bad bill and should be shredded an burned, preferably before this guys eyes.
NOOO,,,the 1st is very specific and only concerns the 5 listed things stated in it and has nothing to do with any of the others,,

you do know its a gimmick law that is never meant to pass???

but as I said the taxs required on current purchases is an infringement today and should be removed,,,

Requiring gun ownership is as about as idiotic as one can imagine. If we were living in another time it might be embraced, but no not this day and age. To many mentally ill people out there being missed as it is. Keep it a freedom of choice thing, and then we should still continue the extensive back ground check for purchasing guns today.

No.

NOOO,,,the 1st is very specific and only concerns the 5 listed things stated in it and has nothing to do with any of the others,,

but as I said the taxs required on current purchases is an infringement today and should be removed,,,
Of course it pertains to the enumerated items in the amendment, but it also adheres to the concept found in all the other amendments known as the Bill of Rights. It cements the concept that these amendments are limitations on government.

I know that the only thing I want to hear from the government when it comes to My ownership of firearms is, "Sorry to have bothered you sir."

Of course it pertains to the enumerated items in the amendment, but it also adheres to the concept found in all the other amendments known as the Bill of Rights. It cements the concept that these amendments are limitations on government.

I know that the only thing I want to hear from the government when it comes to My ownership of firearms is, "Sorry to have bothered you sir."

although I agree with the 2nd part,,,

the first part is off the wall,,each amendment is specific unto itself and has nothing to do with the others,,as to the first 10 they are specific as to what they say, some require the government not be involved while others give clear instruction as to what the government must do as per the 5th which has both instruction and restriction,,
trying to cross them over is what the progs have been doing to change it, and has caused the problems we currently have

although I agree with the 2nd part,,,

the first part is off the wall,,each amendment is specific unto itself and has nothing to do with the others,,as to the first 10 they are specific as to what they say, some require the government not be involved while others give clear instruction as to what the government must do as per the 5th which has both instruction and restriction,,
trying to cross them over is what the progs have been doing to change it, and has caused the problems we currently have
Okay, I don't know why you have a blind spot here, but let Me try it this way.

The Bill of Rights is a limitation on Government, yes?

How do we know that they are limitations of government?

Because of how they are written.

Each one places a restriction on government, i.e., Shall not be infringed, Shall make no law, The right of the people, retained by the people., and so on and so on.

Forum List

Back