Missing Texas 14-year-old mistakenly deported

None speak English????

This girl is the architect of her circumstances. She decided to run away. She decided to steal. She decided to lie. Now it's the fault of the authorities because they didn't find out that she was lying?

"Officer, you should have figured out I was lying so it's all your fault".

Sending her to Colombia is a fitting result whether or not she was ever there. It is a consequence of her own actions.

I'm not disagreeing the kid is a fuck up, however deporting Americans to other countries is not good, I assumed there was a system in place to find out if someone was a citizen or not.

There is! It starts out with the obligation and responsibility of the accused. It is not up to the authorities to independently conduct an investigation to determine if a deportee is lying. That would be a nightmare.

Of course, you know, a national data base of DNA, fingerprints, and retinal scans would go a long way to determining citizenship instantly.

None speak English????

This girl is the architect of her circumstances. She decided to run away. She decided to steal. She decided to lie. Now it's the fault of the authorities because they didn't find out that she was lying?

"Officer, you should have figured out I was lying so it's all your fault".

Sending her to Colombia is a fitting result whether or not she was ever there. It is a consequence of her own actions.

I'm not disagreeing the kid is a fuck up, however deporting Americans to other countries is not good, I assumed there was a system in place to find out if someone was a citizen or not.

There is! It starts out with the obligation and responsibility of the accused. It is not up to the authorities to independently conduct an investigation to determine if a deportee is lying. That would be a nightmare.

Of course, you know, a national data base of DNA, fingerprints, and retinal scans would go a long way to determining citizenship instantly.

That would be nice, you can't take people accused of a crime on their words. In this instance an illegal could lie and say his name is Billy Bob, and than won't get deported.

The obligation lies with the state to determine that the accused is the actual person charged.

That is why warrant info in NCIC carries physical descriptors.

She was just a lying piece of trash hood rat.

I wish she would have gotten deported to the Congo in Africa.

Then most likely we wouldn't have to see or deal with her again. :cool:

Whether or not this individual is worthy of notice, do you really want a government that is capable of this nonsense...even once?

How many deportees do we have on an average day? Putting the obligation to determine whether someone is here illegally or not can't be the obligation of the authorities. If an illegal claims to be Billy Bob, the first thing is "prove it".

Think of it like shoplifting, another very common crime. If someone is stopped and has merchandise in their possession, then says "I stole it". It is not up to the store to search through their records to find out whether it was stolen or not.

So if she was a Muslim-American, you would be ok with us just sending her on a plane to Pakistan or Somalia?:doubt:

How many deportees do we have on an average day? Putting the obligation to determine whether someone is here illegally or not can't be the obligation of the authorities. If an illegal claims to be Billy Bob, the first thing is "prove it".

Think of it like shoplifting, another very common crime. If someone is stopped and has merchandise in their possession, then says "I stole it". It is not up to the store to search through their records to find out whether it was stolen or not.

The authorities should have the obligation to find out the actual identity of the person they have in custody, they obviously didn't find out the true identity of this girl or really do anything, so if an illegal says his name is Billy Bob why should he have to prove anything?

So if she was a Muslim-American, you would be ok with us just sending her on a plane to Pakistan or Somalia?:doubt:
I don't care what the girls religion is.

If she told the authorities that her name was Chin Don Bong and got deported to China.

It's her own lying fault and no one else.

How quickly did this deportation happen?

Quicker than it would take the girl to say "Wait! My name is LaShonda Jackson and I live at 11566577 North Maple Blvd, Apt 17E, Houston, TX! My mother is LaRhonda McKee and my phone number is (555)555-5555! I'm not from Colombia! I don't speak Spanish!"

DAMN! ICE is FAST!

If he says his name is Billy Bob, he should be required to prove it. Like when a shoplifter says "I just bought this" has to produce the receipt.

It is really not possible for the authorities to conduct an independent investigation of all deportees to find out if they are lying about being here illegally. Numerically, it is impossible. For one thing, the authorities would have to prove a negative. They can prove that someone is here legally, but can't prove that someone isn't here illegally. Especially when that person self-identifies as being here illegally. She gave a fake name. Now the authorities are not only obliged to prove she's here illegally, but she's not who she claims to be.

Let's see. She ran away from home. She lied and gave the authorities a false name. While there is certainly some blame to be tossed around here, shouldn't some of that blame fall upon this "fine, outstanding citizen"? I don't think the authorities are completely at blame here...

If he says his name is Billy Bob, he should be required to prove it. Like when a shoplifter says "I just bought this" has to produce the receipt.

It is really not possible for the authorities to conduct an independent investigation of all deportees to find out if they are lying about being here illegally. Numerically, it is impossible. For one thing, the authorities would have to prove a negative. They can prove that someone is here legally, but can't prove that someone isn't here illegally. Especially when that person self-identifies as being here illegally. She gave a fake name. Now the authorities are not only obliged to prove she's here illegally, but she's not who she claims to be.

They took this girls word that her name was Selena Gomez and she was apparently a Black Colombian illegal who didn't speak a word of Spanish, why should the authorities question an illegal who says his name is Billy Bob? why should they try to prove the identity of the Hispanic when they didn't even bother with the Black girl? you can't have it both ways, you either identify the people you have in custody or just take their word for everyone across the board.

I don't care what the girls religion is.

If she told the authorities that her name was Chin Don Bong and got deported to China.

It's her own lying fault and no one else.

Still, if the authorities arrest someone and want to deport them, we need to make certain these people are not American citizens.

But some shylock jewish lawyer like Jillian will sue the government on the girls behalf.

And she will win millions of dollars of our tax payers money. :evil:

If that were my kid I would sue, teenagers do stupid shit all the time, if we are going to deport all the teens who make bad decisions we will end up with 15 teens left in the whole country.

But some shylock jewish lawyer like Jillian will sue the government on the girls behalf.

And she will win millions of dollars of our tax payers money. :evil:

If that were my kid I would sue, teenagers do stupid shit all the time, if we are going to deport all the teens who make bad decisions we will end up with 15 teens left in the whole country.
No, the parents need to take responsibility for their kids behavior not the government.

If I was the judge I would throw the case out of court.

And jump all over the parents for raising such a piece of trash kid. :evil:

They took this girls word that her name was Selena Gomez and she was apparently a Black Colombian illegal who didn't speak a word of Spanish, why should the authorities question an illegal who says his name is Billy Bob? why should they try to prove the identity of the Hispanic when they didn't even bother with the Black girl? you can't have it both ways, you either identify the people you have in custody or just take their word for everyone across the board.

It's called a statement against interest. It's saying something that a person who didn't commit that act woud not normally say.

A person here legally would not normally lie about their identity giving a name closely associated with a class of persons known to be here illegally. The difference is, someone might lie about their identity to get a benefit but would not lie about their identity to get a detriment when they are entitled to the benefit. The state of the law is, and it's the real state of the law, not what we wish it to be. People to be deported will be asked their names. Whatever name they provide will be accepted as their true name. They will be deported under that name. If they claim to be legal citizens they will be required to produce identification to prove that. They are not asked to produce identification to prove they are here illegally. If they admit to being here illegally, that will not be questioned further.

It's called a statement against interest. It's saying something that a person who didn't commit that act woud not normally say.

A person here legally would not normally lie about their identity giving a name closely associated with a class of persons known to be here illegally. The difference is, someone might lie about their identity to get a benefit but would not lie about their identity to get a detriment when they are entitled to the benefit. The state of the law is, and it's the real state of the law, not what we wish it to be. People to be deported will be asked their names. Whatever name they provide will be accepted as their true name. They will be deported under that name. If they claim to be legal citizens they will be required to produce identification to prove that. They are not asked to produce identification to prove they are here illegally. If they admit to being here illegally, that will not be questioned further.

The girl didn't admit to being here illegally, she used the name of a person she did not know was illegal. Her actions were stupid, but deporting an American citizen to Colombia is just reckless. You need to be 100% sure the person you are deporting is not an American citizen, are you seriously disagreeing with me on this? :confused:

Forum List

Back