Miss California Keeps Her Crown

No, just pointing out the hypocrisy is all. You expect them to stop "shoving it in your face" and yet you are doing the exact same thing. The bigger person will be the one who stops doing it first.

How often have you heard the term "heterophobe"? I made my point and got the reaction I was looking for. It ticked you off and you pointed the finger at a term that is RARELY ever heard. While homophobe is ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Thanks for backing me up. The bigger person spoke her mind and was blasted for it. The bigger person didn't throw back immiture name calling and outrageous claims about the gay community. She gave her opinion and the smaller people reacted with hatred and disdain.

You can damn well bet that the bigger person will ALWAYS be labeled as a homophobe. They will NEVER stop using it.

Hmmmm ... ticked me off ... sorry, I just don't see how you think that, but if it helps you sleep at night, have at your imaginary reaction. However you are still being the smaller person .... so far I have to side with gay people more with each of your posts. Are you the next Bass?

so you choose positions based on a single person's posts? you seem to accuse him of being a homophobe or somethign as you call him the next bass....so if someone is an ass that changes your beliefs to the rightness or wrongness of a social issue... political party?

How often have you heard the term "heterophobe"? I made my point and got the reaction I was looking for. It ticked you off and you pointed the finger at a term that is RARELY ever heard. While homophobe is ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Thanks for backing me up. The bigger person spoke her mind and was blasted for it. The bigger person didn't throw back immiture name calling and outrageous claims about the gay community. She gave her opinion and the smaller people reacted with hatred and disdain.

You can damn well bet that the bigger person will ALWAYS be labeled as a homophobe. They will NEVER stop using it.

Hmmmm ... ticked me off ... sorry, I just don't see how you think that, but if it helps you sleep at night, have at your imaginary reaction. However you are still being the smaller person .... so far I have to side with gay people more with each of your posts. Are you the next Bass?

so you choose positions based on a single person's posts? you seem to accuse him of being a homophobe or somethign as you call him the next bass....so if someone is an ass that changes your beliefs to the rightness or wrongness of a social issue... political party?

With the number of venomous posts on here, trust me, it's not just one person ... :eusa_whistle:

By all means...please do side with the smaller people...it suits you. Let's be very clear that the attacks came from your side on this issue. Attacks on a person whose opinion differed from theirs. I used the term heterophobe to make a point and it worked. As I said, you'll hear homophobe 100 times to every single mention of the term heterophobe.

But I don't side with you, so I'm not siding with the smaller people.

Ha...I should have expected a 4th grade level response. But I understand, seeing as how you had no response to the important part of my post. I get it...you can't argue with the truth.

Donald Trump went up in my estimation. But he is a shrewd businessman and he knew that the public was behind Carrie Prejean.

And no, the public has been split this entire time about her, stop acting like we all just support her because many people don't. I just don't give a shit what a beauty queen thinks about gay marriage because listening to her talk proves that beauty is all she has

ROFL... based upon that syntactical trainwreck, the beauty queens speech, is vastly more accurate, in terms of proper english, than the drivel you're advancing; her diction is precise; her reasoning sound and her logic is valid.

So just what in the HELL are you talking about?

She recognized that there are immutable principles at play here and that MARRIAGE is a union between a MAN and a WOMAN... what the homosexuals need is to INCORPORATE... but it serves the 'legal union' issues that they're crying about; its not MARRIAGE ... but they aren't a man and a woman, now are they?

She was incredibly well spoken and very articulate when I heard her talk, but that's exactly what the 'left' does, tries to destroy anyone's credibility who doesn't agree with them. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Well, personally I applaud her sticking to her own opinion regarding gay marriage, freedom of speech works for everyone....however I do not applaud her lying about being a representative of this group or lying about having nude photos of herself and personally believe she should have been disqualified for lying about those things. Other girls, just as beautiful as her, were disqualified from even entering the miss california contest because of what they may have foolishly done in youth, like gone topless for public pictures...while she LIED on her application and several times vocally in public.... said she DIDN'T do any such thing....?

Is this really fair to all of the other women who may have done the same topless pics as her, and refused to LIE about it, so dropped out of the contest when that rule was read?

Care

What about the other girls in the contest who were found to have the same type of pictures? Should they be disqualified as well? These pictures wouldn't even be in question if it weren't for the all out smear campaign that the left and the media were waging on her to completely destroy her credibility and smear her name. All for using her freedom of speech to voice her opinion to a question that was directly asked of her. They did the same thing to Palin, like I said if you don't agree with them, then you're fair game to completely humiliate and destroy. What about the fairness of none of the other contestants being asked such a politically charged question? Shouldn't they all have had to answer something equally as charged?

What about the other girls in the contest who were found to have the same type of pictures? Should they be disqualified as well? These pictures wouldn't even be in question if it weren't for the all out smear campaign that the left and the media were waging on her to completely destroy her credibility and smear her name. All for using her freedom of speech to voice her opinion to a question that was directly asked of her. They did the same thing to Palin, like I said if you don't agree with them, then you're fair game to completely humiliate and destroy. What about the fairness of none of the other contestants being asked such a politically charged question? Shouldn't they all have had to answer something equally as charged?

If there are other girls that lied as well, they should be disqualified as well...WHY ELSE have these rules in the first place? Lying about it was CHEATING Newby, there is NO, ifs, ands, of buts about it imo. There are other beautiful and talented women, who told the truth or knew the truth about themselves, and never got to run in these contests because of these rules and their own integrity of telling the truth about it...

Honestly, we should NOT accept TWO WRONGS, make a/it RIGHT and I do not understand why anyone, whether on the left or the right, does not see it in this manner...cheating and lying should NOT be rewarded, for anyone....ya know??? What have we come to...when a man of his word, or a woman of her word, has no meaning?

Care

If there are other girls that lied as well, they should be disqualified as well...WHY ELSE have these rules in the first place? Lying about it was CHEATING Newby, there is NO, ifs, ands, of buts about it imo. There are other beautiful and talented women, who told the truth or knew the truth about themselves, and never got to run in these contests because of these rules and their own integrity of telling the truth about it...

Honestly, we should NOT accept TWO WRONGS, make a/it RIGHT and I do not understand why anyone, whether on the left or the right, does not see it in this manner...cheating and lying should NOT be rewarded, for anyone....ya know??? What have we come to...when a man of his word, or a woman of her word, has no meaning?

Care

You are missing the far greater point - this example is not about a beauty contest, or semi-nude photos. This example is about the so-called American liberal elites who smeared this young woman - attacked her aggressively in an incredibly demeaning fashion, for sharing the very same opinion on gay marriage as the majority of California, and the President of the United States.

THAT is the issue at hand here, and the one you should be focusing your attention on. Anything else is secondary deflection.

The liberal left, including those working within the media, were once again exposed as terribly hateful people who wish to destroy any commentary that contradicts their own beliefs, regardless of who speaks it. They have been emboldened by the current political climate, and are engaging in this destruction of others with far greater tenacity than ever.

Individuals such as Keith Olbermann are examples of a Joseph McCarthy-style media mouthpiece - and such examples have now become legion.

Care

You are missing the far greater point - this example is not about a beauty contest, or semi-nude photos. This example is about the so-called American liberal elites who smeared this young woman - attacked her aggressively in an incredibly demeaning fashion, for sharing the very same opinion on gay marriage as the majority of California, and the President of the United States.

THAT is the issue at hand here, and the one you should be focusing your attention on. Anything else is secondary deflection.

The liberal left, including those working within the media, were once again exposed as terribly hateful people who wish to destroy any commentary that contradicts their own beliefs, regardless of who speaks it. They have been emboldened by the current political climate, and are engaging in this destruction of others with far greater tenacity than ever.

Individuals such as Keith Olbermann are examples of a Joseph McCarthy-style media mouthpiece - and such examples have now become legion.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :clap2:

I admire miss california for taking on something she believes, and sticking to it, regardless of outside forces....

I do NOT admire her being, imho, a cheater and a liar and I do not believe anyone should....shoot, I take myself to task on my own dishonesties that arise, why wouldn't I feel the same about hers?

If Miss California, had the opinion that she was for Gay marriage, there is NO DOUBT that those that oppose this point of view, would be screaming from the rooftops in protest of her trying to make a political circus out of her Crown....and it too would have become a media frenzy....adversity sells.

Those opposing her on the right would have done ALL that is being done to her now, as well....to pretend otherwise, is where hypocrisy gets its name imho...

and maybe she would not have been smeared as much, but she certainly would have been smeared and her lying about her topless/ undie photos would have been brought out as well...

Either way, SHE LIED ABOUT THEM, and this does not sit well with me for someone that is suppose to represent a cause of moral value...

I am just calling a spade, a spade.

Care

In an American history discussion group, the professor was trying to explain
how societies ideal of beauty changes with time.

"For example, he said, "take the 1921 Miss America. She stood five feet one
inch tall, weighed 108 pounds and had measurements of 30-25-32. How do you
think she'd do in today's version of the contest?"

The class fell silent for a moment. Then one student piped up,

"Not very well."

"Why is that?" Asked the professor.

"For one thing," the student said, "She'd be way too old."

I admire miss california for taking on something she believes, and sticking to it, regardless of outside forces....

I do NOT admire her being, imho, a cheater and a liar and I do not believe anyone should....shoot, I take myself to task on my own dishonesties that arise, why wouldn't I feel the same about hers?

If Miss California, had the opinion that she was for Gay marriage, there is NO DOUBT that those that oppose this point of view, would be screaming from the rooftops in protest of her trying to make a political circus out of her Crown....and it too would have become a media frenzy....adversity sells.
Those opposing her on the right would have done ALL that is being done to her now, as well....to pretend otherwise, is where hypocrisy gets its name imho...

and maybe she would not have been smeared as much, but she certainly would have been smeared and her lying about her topless/ undie photos would have been brought out as well...

Either way, SHE LIED ABOUT THEM, and this does not sit well with me for someone that is suppose to represent a cause of moral value...

Care

You are absolutely wrong on that count. While such an opinion would place her in the minority of Americans according to poll after poll on this issue, she would be hoisted up as a brave example of tolerance and a wonderful role model for young women in America - by the media and entertainment industry. (which is one and the same really)

Whatever disgruntled feelings from certain religious right folks would not have the platform to share those feelings as those who support gay marriage do.

Your assertions otherwise are simply dishonest.

You must also continue to note that these attacks from the liberals against this young woman are from people who also profess tolerance of differences. Miss Prejean did not express her views on gay marriage with intolerance - it simply differed from the minority of other Americans. She appeared to go out of her way in fact to be supportive of those who choose a different version of marriage - much the same way as President Obama's own answer on the subject.

And I will say it again, the issue at hand here is not about a beauty pageant, or semi nude photos. It is the aggressive intolerance by the left, namely some in the media.

You either support such intolerance, or you fight against it.

That is calling a spade a spade...

the attack from the right would have come from Radio(Limbaugh et al) and Fox news, and every blogosphere on the right, and from world net daily, washington times, wall street journal, new york post.....6 or 1/2 dozen, calling a spade a spade takes an open view, not a dishonest one?

I have never said what liberals have done to attack her is fine and dandy regarding her personal stance on marriage...i believe she has every right to have such stance....just as i would take the position that she would have the right to have the opposite as her personal stance as well...

However, if she broke the rules by promoting an outside group, whether it be one in defense of marriage or in defense of gay rights, or she broke the rules regarding telling the truth on risque pics she took in the past by lying about them, then those are separate issues that gets down to integrity and honesty to me.

While i agree that she has taken a beating from those on the left and their intentions have been solely to bash her for her seemingly intollerant stance according to them, on marriage....

I see it solely on the truth verses lies stance and I stick by what i have said, she unfairly won her crown, if she lied about things that would have disqualified her, in order to win it, that seems and is unethical and unfair to others as well... it's like illegal steroids are ok to use for some baseball players, while some baseball players struggle to stay in the game or on the team, by not using them, by following the rules...and the law...while those breaking the rules get their big contracts...imo.

I can understand not liking the vicious attacks regarding her personal stance on marriage, but the ones regarding her lying in order to compete, are justified imo.

care

Her opinion doesn't matter, it was used to build hype since they are losing viewers to American Idol, that's all it was.

Care

You are absolutely wrong on that count. While such an opinion would place her in the minority of Americans according to poll after poll on this issue, she would be hoisted up as a brave example of tolerance and a wonderful role model for young women in America - by the media and entertainment industry. (which is one and the same really)

Whatever disgruntled feelings from certain religious right folks would not have the platform to share those feelings as those who support gay marriage do.

You must also continue to note that these attacks from the liberals against this young woman are from people who also profess tolerance of differences. Miss Prejean did not express her views on gay marriage with intolerance - it simply differed from the minority of other Americans. She appeared to go out of her way in fact to be supportive of those who choose a different version of marriage - much the same way as President Obama's own answer on the subject.

And I will say it again, the issue at hand here is not about a beauty pageant, or semi nude photos. It is the aggressive intolerance by the left, namely some in the media.

You keep beating me to it. :lol: Couldn't agree more tho, another one right on target. :clap2:

No one would have gone after her with the venom and animosity that the gay and leftist crowd have done, they have no boundaries whatsoever, nor do they have respect for opposing views or opinions, they have no tolerance. They're hypocrits of the first order.

Care

You keep beating me to it. :lol: Couldn't agree more tho, another one right on target. :clap2:

No one would have gone after her with the venom and animosity that the gay and leftist crowd have done, they have no boundaries whatsoever, nor do they have respect for opposing views or opinions, they have no tolerance. They're hypocrits of the first order.

Yes indeed.

There is a certain segment of liberal statists in this country - some within the media, who are as close to Nazis group-think as I have seen in my lifetime.

The hypocrisy of intolerant tolerance is mind boggling, and yet they continue to practice it with gnashing teeth and gleeful indifference...

Forum List

Back