Minutemen Should Refocus Their Efforts —

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 007, Apr 6, 2005.

1. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,959
    Minutemen should refocus their efforts — border isn't source of immigration problems ​

I agree with this woman. Illegal immigration from mexico, and President Bush's apparent willingness to "HELP" illegal immigrants instead of enforce this country's laws, is my biggest bitch with the man, and it's a big enough bitch that my opinion of him has slipped considerably.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    From what I undestand, the minutemen do plan to march on Washington. I think what they are doing in AZ right now is more to bring attention to the cause than anything else. The border is so long there are other points of entry, so again, this is just for "show".

3. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,959
    They've got the right idea, they're just in the wrong place. Yeah they knew if they went down there, that that woud draw media attention to the problem, but seriously, they need to go to Washington D.C., and park in front of G. dubya's door and demand he do something. I'd go myself if I had the time off work. It's that important to me. I lived in Arizona. I've seen first hand the crime and corruption the illegals bring with them, and how much they cost they state. They're not really helping shit. They're a problem that needs attention NOW, not later. NOW, and Bush had better get off his ass and do something.

4. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    is this part of his 'political capital' he's trying to spend? amnesty?

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    If it is--he's wasting it

6. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I don't know about all that PR. The best way to get big business to respond is to cost them money. Obviously that doesn't work with government. To get government or any other bureacracy to respond is to embarrass them.

Seems to me that the Minute Men are accomplishing that rather nicely. They could go to DC and bitch till they got hoarse and all they would get is the old fast shuffle. But there they are augmenting the border patrol and GW is already starting to blush just a bit.

7. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,959
    No kidding... I wonder that myself. If it is, I agree with dillo. He's wasting it.

8. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,959
    Oh I agree whole heartedly Merlin. What they're doing is like saying, "well *mister* Bush, if you're not going to protect our country, like you SAID you would when you were sworn in, then I guess WE will have to do it OURSELVES", and yes, it's bringing the issue to the forefront, and it doesn't look good for the prez. He's out to lunch on this issue, and for what specific reason, I don't know. But it's painfully evident, he's coddling mexico.

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

If it is then he has spent all the capital that he may have had. There are better places to use it.

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    :duh3: How about a solution for everybody:

Catch all the illegals coming in and put them right into the services (or else send them back if they don't want a job) - border patrol, army, coast guard, etc. - which will help Bush beef up the service and then he will have enough people to both guard the borders and go to war and it will create jobs and votes and the illegals will become Americans and pay taxes and U.S. citizens will maybe pay more for a bigger military but at least it will lessen crime plus stop the future flow of illegals.