People's Rights To Self Protection

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    New bill protects attack victims’ rights

http://www.fox30online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=3825DA0F-C0EF-4DBB-92DA-7D3FE372D778

In my state NJ If someone enters your home in order to be able to use a gun to protect yourself and not be prosecuted, you must first tell the criminal to stop, then you must run away from them and hide, then and only then do you have the right to shoot to protect yourself and family. I believe NJ is one of the few states to have this ridiculous law in place.
    My question is at what point should citizens be allowed to protect family and home????

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Good for Florida. Of course, it goes without saying that there aren't any white carjackers or home invaders. We need laws like this because we live in a Third World country now.

3. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Darn... you beat me to it! My bet is that the crime rate in Florida plummets faster than a TV network market share as a result....

Then.... other states adopt the same law and the crime rate plummets in those states too.....

Finally.... the ACLU will get on this claiming that it violates someone's rights...... (yeah, like criminals who like to mug old ladies and rape women)....

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You know Karl this NJ law is a real eye opener for me, It's my understanding that most states especially those out West and South are much more lenient in this regard.

I wonder why Libs are so enthralled in seeing cops do clean up work and put nice yellow tape around crime scenes??

5. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That supposed to be a joke?

6. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    The second quote in my signature is the law in Texas as long as I am willing to look you in the eye and swear that the other guy started it. You reallydo not want to B&E in an occupied house. Between the dogs and the shotguns, it just aint healthy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Of course... there was no crime in "white society" before other races got involved... :rolleyes:

Sometimes the idiocy you post in here is so inane that I wonder whether you actually believe this crap, or if you're just trolling.

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Bonnie, laws like the NJ outrage that you cited are not nearly as rare as they should be. My personal opinion is that attitudes and laws such as this are the result of incompetent morons populating the various district attorney offices in these jurisdictions. They are too lame to get a conviction on the real criminal, so they go after the victim who had the temerity to defend himself. I have held the belief for many years that your average district attorney cares nothing about truth and justice or guilt or innocence- he simply cares about his win-lose ratio and about putting another notch on his briefcase.

The other part of the equation is the creeping lib propensity for ever more big brother government. Libs see it as the function of the police force to protect us. Never mind that in the average big city the police dispatcher expects you simply to die quietly while they put you on hold. They'll stop by sometime to remove your corpse and to fill out the report. Libs cannot fathom a simple fact of life - there will NEVER be enough cops to protect every one of us individually from crime. That's not a criticism of police, just a simple statement of logistics. Since even the best police in the world cannot protect us, then it seems to me that not only is it our right, but it is our duty to protect ourselves.

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Well William, since the Jews really run this country, why don't we write them and see if they can exert their influence with those non-white carjackers and home invaders?

Don't know about you, but every time I've been ripped off by some dishonest scum, his skin was as white as mine.

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I think that sums it all up very well. I knew that anti-gun lobbyists had the upper hand when it came to carrying handguns in public, but I never figured I wouldn't be able to protect myself in my own home, that was the last bastian I hoped would never be invaded by liberals. Anything else Libs want to control?