Minimum Wage

Yes, That is exactly what I am saying.
Let me give a concrete example. I have an ammunition company. One of the things we do is reload spent brass casings. Since these are usually picked up at ranges and thrown into a big bucket, the brass needs to be sorted by caliber. It is dull tedious work. If I could hire someone at 2.50 an hour to do, it would be worthwhile. At $8/hr it isnt. That is one job that doesn't exist because the min wage essentially outlaws it. Now, it might be that no one will work for 2.50/hr and the best I can get will be someone who would work for $8, in which case the job still won't materialize. But I would rather that be determined by market forces vs the heavy hand of the gov't.

Let me get this straight. You need to sort the spent casings by caliber yet you can't afford to hire someone to do it (because of minimum wage). So what do you do, just pick them up and leave them in a big pile somwhere? What's the point of that? Or do you do the sorting yourself, thus taking away time you could be devoting to other more productive tasks? Or do you just hire illegals like everyone else?

What about a machine?

We can sort different sized nuts and coins. Why not bullet casings?
There are mechanical screen sorters but some of the cartridges are so close the sorter doesn't do its job. Eventually you need someone to hand examine them.

Cause and effect people. Minimum Wage goes up. Teen unemployment hits 24% in the USA. GO figure.

Black teens even higher than that. The min wage is a racist tool. It was enacted specifically for that reason, btw. To prevent blacks from taking white jobs.

Cause and effect people. Minimum Wage goes up. Teen unemployment hits 24% in the USA. GO figure.

Are you shitting me? We are caring about teen unemployment! Teen unemployment happens because most teens don't work or have a care to work.

I personally am not up at night worrying about teen unemployment.

Are you shitting me? We are caring about teen unemployment! Teen unemployment happens because most teens don't work or have a care to work.

I personally am not up at night worrying about teen unemployment.

Since unemployment measures people actively looking for work, that would seem to destroy your theory right there.

Forum List

Back