Minimum Wage Too Minimal

The decline in purchasing power of the minimum wage follows much the same trend as the decline in purchasing power of ALL WORKERS generally.

Only more so for the lowest salaried classes.

Finally...if folks who show up for gainful employment cannot live at a certain level based on being 'trapped' in a low paying job...I would whole-heartedly support government intervention.

Nobody is "trapped" in a low paying job. You are where you are based on the choices you've made throughout life. If a grown man or woman is working for minimum wage what the hell business do they have breeding?

The decline in purchasing power of the minimum wage follows much the same trend as the decline in purchasing power of ALL WORKERS generally.

Like government is going to cut spending or raise taxes? Heh...

Printing money is easier.

The Republicans are pushing tax reform, the democrats just what more special deals and cronyism

:lol: And you don't think the Republicans will sneak in their special deals and cronyism? Who are biggest supporters of tax breaks for oil companies?

That's because the Fed keeps printing money out of thin air in order to afford all of the entitlement programs you think we need to have.

That's because the Fed keeps printing money out of thin air in order to afford all of the entitlement programs you think we need to have.

Ha! I was 1 minute quicker.

Or maybe that was 5 minutes...has the government figured out how to print time yet?

The Republicans are pushing tax reform, the democrats just what more special deals and cronyism

:lol: And you don't think the Republicans will sneak in their special deals and cronyism? Who are biggest supporters of tax breaks for oil companies?

You idiot, you simplify the tax code, lower overall rates, there won't be a need for any special deals get it?

Finally...if folks who show up for gainful employment cannot live at a certain level based on being 'trapped' in a low paying job...I would whole-heartedly support government intervention.

Nobody is "trapped" in a low paying job. You are where you are based on the choices you've made throughout life. If a grown man or woman is working for minimum wage what the hell business do they have breeding?

'Trapped' in terms of Bloomberg's statement about the dearth of opportunities in a recession. I might be more disposed in your direction if unemployment were 4 or 5%.

I'm going to suggest that that view of your fellow citizen falls short when you need someone to help you push your stalled auto...

...or when you're in a foxhole.

Not everyone can do what you can do.
It is to our own advantage to help our fellow citizen.

Let's not make the mistake many of our Liberal friends make in viewing the world as static when it requires a dynamic analysis.

There is really no evidence for your view.

For example, when the idea of 'poverty level' was created, food took about a third of income.

Now, it is more like one seventh.

I would be happy to provide examples of the increased levels of real per capita consumption, increased at every level of society.

Forum List

Back