Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

[Q

too stupid!!! so what???? there are 60 million self described conservatives most of whom know as little as you do about economics!!
I was just answering your erroneous depiction of MW raise supporters as "liberal" . Got it now ?

the liberal is a violentNazi at heart who would force business to to do 1000 things at the point of a gun if given their way.
Conservatives support raising the minimum wage 55% to 45%. It's not a liberal vs Conservative issue.

Link?

a liberal is a natural born liar!!!

But the minimum wage divides Republicans more closely, with only 4 in 10 in favor, 31 percent opposed and 27 percent not leaning either way. Half of moderate-to-liberal Republicans, but just a third of conservative Republicans, favor a minimum wage increase.

Poll Americans favor raising minimum wage masslive.com

"Life is not unfair, it is just life.

Fairness and unfairness are nothing more than a political construct put together by politicians to divide and conquer the masses."

Aye Caramba this is STUPID on it's face....just follow the weekly Gas prices.

Save us from people who have NEVER run a bidness....

the liberal is a violentNazi at heart who would force business to to do 1000 things at the point of a gun if given their way.
Conservatives support raising the minimum wage 55% to 45%. It's not a liberal vs Conservative issue.

Link?
I made a SLIGHT error. Conservatives support raising the minimum wage 54% to 44% (same thing as 55 to 45)

In U.S. 71 Back Raising Minimum Wage

Republicans also support it > 50% to 48%. (same link - Gallup Poll)

Nor is it liberal to support raising the minimum wage. .

too stupid!! Conservatives support the free market setting wages based on supply and demand!! Liberals are communists who want govt wage intervention and 1000 other interventions.

Do you understand now?? How old are you???

The politics is very interesting, I'm still waiting for you to prove your economics claim.
8 pages and you're still avoiding the main issue.
I'm shocked.
I'm waiting for YOU to present YOUR side. You have nothing but conjecture. You haven't said a thing about INCREASED SALES. All you do is yak about wages.

I'm waiting for YOU to present YOUR side.

Here's my side. A business that has $500,000 in increased payroll expenses, even if it recaptures that entire cost in increased sales, will still be less profitable than before.
Why would it be less profitable if it recaptured the entire cost in increased sales ?
(note: generally businesses recapture much more than their increased labor costs - this is why I badgered my legislators to raise the California minimum wage, which they finally did in 1988, raising my profits substantially)

Why would it be less profitable if it recaptured the entire cost in increased sales ?

You're kidding, right?

I read the link and the comments at the bottom of the article.

The writer cherry picked an online post by the owner of Borders Books announcing that the store was closing. Missing from the Forbes piece was the fact that Borders recent faced a 100% rent increase, so it wasn't just the increase in wages that caused them to close.

Furthermore, independent bookstores have been struggling for years due to competition from Amazon and other online retailers who sell for much less than the publishers suggested retail price.

Last but not least, like records stores, video rental stores and newspapers, sales have been impacted by the sheer numbers of people downloading content directly onto their phones, tablets and laptops.

I don't buy CD's, newspapers or magazines any more. Not hard copies at least. I buy from iTunes, iBooks, and I have digital subscriptions to my favourite newspaper and magazines.

These are the things that killed Borders Books. Not the minimum wage.

But the minimum wage divides Republicans more closely, with only 4 in 10 in favor, 31 percent opposed and 27 percent not leaning either way. Half of moderate-to-liberal Republicans, but just a third of conservative Republicans, favor a minimum wage increase.

Your poll shows different numbers than mine (Gallup Poll), but your poll also shows more Republicans supporting MW increase than opposing it (40% to 31%)

Look, If I went in to buy a steak and I was willing to pay say......20 bucks for a 10 dollar piece of meat then sure jack up the wages.

But if you think that you can raise said wage to 15 bucks and the price of said steak to 22 bucks and I wasn't willing to pay that....you are fucked.

Link?
I made a SLIGHT error. Conservatives support raising the minimum wage 54% to 44% (same thing as 55 to 45)

In U.S. 71 Back Raising Minimum Wage

Republicans also support it > 50% to 48%. (same link - Gallup Poll)

the more conservative and capitalist the more they oppose libcommie govt in America!!
Tea Party Republicans (32% favor) are far less likely than those who do not agree with the Tea Party (60%) to support raising the minimum wage.

Your poll shows different numbers than mine (Gallup Poll), but your poll also shows more Republicans supporting MW increase than opposing it (40% to 31%)

the liberal lacks the IQ for debate so wants to dabate what the polls say and not right from wrong!!

The author of the OP doesn't know jack squat about economics. Sales at the firm where the wages are raised do not go up. They go down. Higher wages means they have to charge higher prices for their products. Every first year economics student learns that sales volume is determined by the laws of supply and demand. The higher the price, the lower the volume of sales.

People who spout the kind of logic in the OP are nitwits who don't kusw the first thing about economics. They are ignorant and therefore susceptible to leftwing propaganda.
You have a lot of energy, but zero economic knowledge. You even just contradicted yourself. First you said >> "Higher wages means they have to charge higher prices for their products" Then you turned right around and said >> "The higher the price, the lower the volume of sales." HA HA HA. Well, look at that. I don't even have to refute you. You just refuted yourself.

If the firm charges higher prices, as you advised, then they will suffer a lower volume of sales, as you just said, So is that why they would charge those higher prices ? So they can then get a lower volume of sales ? The reduction in sales is exactly WHY they CANNOT raises prices. You're making this too easy for me. :laugh:

If the firm charges higher prices, as you advised, then they will suffer a lower volume of sales, as you just said, So is that why they would charge those higher prices ? So they can then get a lower volume of sales ?

If the higher mandated wage caused a reduction in headcount, perhaps the lower volume of sales keeps customer service static?

Look, If I went in to buy a steak and I was willing to pay say......20 bucks for a 10 dollar piece of meat then sure jack up the wages.

But if you think that you can raise said wage to 15 bucks and the price of said steak to 22 bucks and I wasn't willing to pay that....you are fucked.
Raising the MW has nothing to do with prices. See item # 2 in the OP.

dear, all costs are reflected in price. This is why an apple always costs less than a Rolls Royce

It isn't liberal to oppose immigration .

dear liberals support illegal immigration far more than conservatives. Democrats are too stupid to know it has cost them 20 million jobs so vote for their own job loss!!
That's what I just said. I'm a staunch conservative, and a supporter of Operation Wetback II (mass deportation of ALL illegal aliens)

Your ignorance of retail reality is duly noted.

. Businesses CANNOT raise prices because they are already fixed at a market price, related to maximization of sales/income. .

dear, sad to say prices actually do go up and down. Computer prices have come way down for example. Gas prices have gone up and down .

See how 100% slow you really are??

Forum List

Back