Min. wage in Australia is $15, $13 in NZ- ours is lowest in the modern world by $2..

"You're right, unskilled workers should get $20, no $30 an hour. "

No they shouldnt. They should get $2 an hour like you would like because those who clean toilets shouldnt be paid like a CEO right? I remember the CEO who ran the company I worked for. He got all the raises and did the least. But the day the company shut its doors, next to my children being born, greatest day of my life. Poetic justice. My prayers had been answered. I knew there was a god. Imagine a company that had been around for 70 some years, down they went. Made my year that year.

Bull shit post as usual.
They have a completely different minimum wage scale for apprentices and trainees that are about $9 an hour.
With a different standard of living over there. Commodities cost more so the demand pushes costs up and wages are higher.
Fuels inflation, A BAD THING.

Actually, I was hoping to learn a few things.

I don't claim to be very knowledgable in some areas.

Does Austrailia use U.S. currency or do they have their own ?

If they do, what is the exchange rate.

IOW: What is $15/hour ausie translate into U.S. $ ?

You're an ignoramus in all areas LOL. Typical dupe. Love you guys but this is a political forum, so you deserve ABUSE. And that's $15 in US money.See why Aussies loves it, and so many Americans and others are gobsmacked by Pub dupe idiocy?

You realize that your post is completely untrue, right? If our's is the lowest in the modern world, we would have manufacturing companies fleeing other nations to us, rather than the other way around.

Federal government has no reason to have a minimum wage, if the states want to do something like that, they are free too. But the Constitution doesnt grant the Federal Government authority to pass a national minimum wage. Nor is it really wise to do so when all areas of the country are different with different cost of living standards.

Google something fcs. This is not the first time I've talked about this. Prices and taxes are similar. We didn't get the worst rich/poor gap and worst upward mobility by mistake, it's our Pub default politics.

According to a American Communist Association paper I have from 1932 the top 2% at that time controlled 70% of the wealth of this country. After that, congress was controlled for 40 continuous years by the Democratic party. The Dems also had the presidency for a good portion of that time.

Know what the percentages were after that 40 year period? 1% controlled 90%. So who were the Dems working for dipshit 'cause they sure weren't working for you. Pull your head out of your ass and read some damned history. You might actually learn something.
I doubt it though. You're just like the neo nazis out there. You blame everyone else for your fucked up life but the reality is you're too stupid and lazy to better your condition.

Total BS. The rich/poor gap was its lowest in 1970. Only after 30 years of Voodoo are we BACK to 1930 (pub) levels. Jackazz.:badgrin: Read my sig pp1- FACT.

"You realize that your post is completely untrue, right? If our's is the lowest in the modern world, we would have manufacturing companies fleeing other nations to us, rather than the other way around."

Welcome to the real world, moron dupe.. The other modern countries have GOOD EDUCATION AND TRAINING, so they have GOOD JOBS. They also don't have ASSHOLE Pub businessmen and Pols sending our crappe jobs to the third world...They also pay their workers enough that they have MONEY TO SPEND. Another 30 years and we'll be a banana republic...

Last edited:
The simple answer is EVEN if you are starving NEVER EVER lower yourself or DEGRADE yourself into working for slave (minimum) wages. Some ill begotten, anti christian people believe that its ok for some people to work for low wages because it keeps prices down and there needs to be someone scrubbing toilets. Oh, and college isnt the answer. I know deep down the ONLY chance my kids have is a college education. That makes me a snob. What a warped way of thinking. You want your toilets cleaned? Clean em yourself. Dont expect ANYONE to clean them for minimum wage. That is complete and utter arrogance. NOBODY, I mean NOBODY, can have ANYTHING to say about this.

I worked for minimum wage for years, then went into the military. That money saved up is helping me live a comfortable life along with the USAF while I get my education.

My mother cleaned houses for minimum wage for years (long before minimum wage was 7.25). She was able to save up, get a nice house and future for her kids she raised by herself. Hard work pays off... it teaches discipline and self-reliance. It's no wonder why the people running this country don't know how to balance a budget. When you spend everybody else's money and never have to work or scrape for a living you spend... spend... spend.. and never learn the consequences.
That was prior to 1980, right?

"You realize that your post is completely untrue, right? If our's is the lowest in the modern world, we would have manufacturing companies fleeing other nations to us, rather than the other way around."

Welcome to the real world, moron dupe.. The other modern countries have GOOD EDUCATION AND TRAINING, so they have GOOD JOBS. They also don't have ASSHOLE Pub businessmen and Pols sending our crappe jobs to the third world...They also pay their workers enough that they have MONEY TO SPEND. Another 30 years and we'll be a banana republic...

In other words, you really have no response to what I said.

But the dupes think we don't need one. Corporations will take care of us...they sure did!! Vote mega rich, myopic, corrupt cronyism Pub....idiocy

Even after the recent increase in the minimum wage we are still far behind. The buying power of the minimum wage is much less than it was forty to fifty years ago.

Amazing who has discovered that quality of life is better in places other than the US.

Last edited:
The equivalent of 1968's minimum wage in today's money is $10.50. Also known as a LIVING WAGE, or by Neocons as communist. ASSHOLES! tyvm

But the dupes think we don't need one. Corporations will take care of us...they sure did!! Vote mega rich, myopic, corrupt cronyism Pub....idiocy

Cost of living in Australia and New Zealand is much higher than in America.

They're income tax ranges from 0-45%
Payrol tax from 4.5% to 6%
VAT tax is 10%
price of gas is 5.41 per gallon

And yet we don't bitch about the health system, political system or any other system nearly as much as you Yanks.... Why is that?

Forum List

Back