Millions of Americans may be disabled and not even know it

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by chanel, Mar 29, 2011.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Aw. Shucks. Another gift to the lawyers. Who woulda thunk? :evil:

2. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    It wouldn't ever cross your mind that it is an improvement for people with disabilities, now would it chanel?. There has to be evil intent that will inconvenience your beloved elite.

But don't fret chanel, your right wing Supreme court has been busy making several decisions that have sharply narrowed the scope of the original ADA and eliminated protections for people with a wide variety of impairments.

So you right wingers can take heart, people will still be harmed, hurt and punished...throw a party!

We have all made mistakes. But Dante tells us that divine justice weighs the sins of the cold-blooded and the sins of the warm-hearted on different scales. Better the occasional faults of a party living in the spirit of charity than the consistent omissions of a party frozen in the ice of its own indifference.
    President John F. Kennedy

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,922
    chanel....are you going to protest the new rules that allow more soldiers to collect disability...concussion will hopefully get the attention needed...now do you protest that?

4. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    The problem with open-ended and vague language like what is in that decision is that it opens up a HUGE hole for people to drive stupid shit through....

I have a full facial birthmark. It does have a serious affect on my inter-personal skills and relationships with other people. Does that make it a "disability"? HELL NO!!!! It simply makes it something I have to deal with in life.

The potential for that wording to be completely and totally misused is obscenely large.

5. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Just another ATTACK on Businesses in this country.

6. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    No, it is just people with a conscience standing up for other people's rights, and right wingers continuing to support an aristocracy.

7. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Ummmmyeah sure.

8. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I've got a better idea.... How about people stop whining about every little thing that happens to them, stand up on their own two feet, and make something of themselves rather than simply sticking their hand out and demanding that somebody give them something for nothing.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a full facial birthmark. I COULD HAVE gone down the road of "I'm so terribly disfigured. It's the worst thing in the world. I can't do anything for myself." and more than likely the school systems and such would have let me. Thankfully my parents wouldn't have ANY of that. Even after I was diagnosed with a disease where most people don't ever graduate from high school, nevermind hold a college degree, work in a technical field, and live on their own (all of which I have done). Now, I am the EXCEPTION to most of the rules about people with Sturge-Weber Syndrome, but I could have been allowed to not live up to my potential because of it. I wasn't, and I'm much better off for that.

Those people who are truly disabled deserve assistance (though I would rather see it be private than government run). Those who are simply seeking to get something for nothing need to be allowed to wallow in their own misery on the side of the road of life until they decide to pick themselves up and move on.

9. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    The history of people with disabilities in this country is a HORROR story. Thankfully America has been graced with progressive thinking people like Eunice Kennedy Shriver and her family.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  10. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,048
    The government telling me I have to spend money to accommodate someone else for any reason is unacceptable.