Millions of Americans may be disabled and not even know it

SNIP:

Obama Covers Another 44 Million Americans Under Disabilities Act
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 5:37 AM

President Barack Obama signs an Executive Order to increase Federal employment of individuals with disabilities at an event commemorating the 20th anniversary of the enactment of the Americans with Disabilities Act, at the White House in Washington on July 26, 2010. (UPI/Kevin Dietsch)

There are 26 million Americans with diabetes.
There are at least 3 million Americans who suffer from epilepsy.
2.3 million Americans suffer from bipolar disorder.
More than 13 million Americans suffer from or have suffered from post traumatic stress disorder.

That’s at least 44 million Americans.

Barack Obama just allowed at least another 44 million Americans to be covered under the Disabilities Act. Add that to the current number covered under the act and you have at least 84 million Americans who come under the American Disabilities Act. That’s more than one in four Americans who qualify as being disabled.
FOX News reported:

read the rest here.
Obama Covers Another 44 Million Americans Under Disabilities Act | The Gateway Pundit

The government takes enough of my money and because I don't want the government telling me that I must spend even more of my money to accommodate someone else's shortcomings makes me selfish?

Tell you what, if you care so much about everyone with a disability then visit all your local businesses and offer to pay for government mandated accommodations out of your own pocket.

I strongly suggest you take and steal everything you can in this life, because your next life will be hot and eternal.

Luke 16:13-15

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money).”

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of man, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valuable in the eyes of man is detestable in God’s sight.

I've never stolen anything. I've worked since I was old enough to have a paper route and i save my money. I don't need the government telling me I must under penalty of law spend more than they already take.

I don't believe in the man in the sky so if I'm really worried about hell I'll just make Pascal's wager on my death bed.

That's obvious. You are the one with a disability.

SNIP:

Obama Covers Another 44 Million Americans Under Disabilities Act
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 5:37 AM

President Barack Obama signs an Executive Order to increase Federal employment of individuals with disabilities at an event commemorating the 20th anniversary of the enactment of the Americans with Disabilities Act, at the White House in Washington on July 26, 2010. (UPI/Kevin Dietsch)

There are 26 million Americans with diabetes.
There are at least 3 million Americans who suffer from epilepsy.
2.3 million Americans suffer from bipolar disorder.
More than 13 million Americans suffer from or have suffered from post traumatic stress disorder.

That’s at least 44 million Americans.

Barack Obama just allowed at least another 44 million Americans to be covered under the Disabilities Act. Add that to the current number covered under the act and you have at least 84 million Americans who come under the American Disabilities Act. That’s more than one in four Americans who qualify as being disabled.
FOX News reported:

read the rest here.
Obama Covers Another 44 Million Americans Under Disabilities Act | The Gateway Pundit

GREAT! They should be covered.

Let me repeat folks.

you'll now see a rush of people APPLYING for DISABILY through the Federal Guberment.

More for us TAXPAYERS to cheer this ruling.

No, you don't have a 'better idea'...you have an excuse to not have to care about others and to justify your priorities; ME, MYSELF and I.

Those SHOULD BE everyone's priorities.... It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, and it's one of the cornerstones and building blocks that this nation was founded on, Bfgrn.

I had the opportunity to go down the road that this new language now offers to many others. The opportunity to be nothing, to do nothing, and to truly have nothing of my own. To simply be a ward of the state and to expect everything to be given to me. I'm VERY GLAD that my parents refused to allow me to even consider going down that path. I would not be anywhere near who and what I am today if they had. I've worked my ass off to get to where I am today. It's not a perfect life, but it's a thousand times better than where I would be if I'd been allowed to succumb to the opportunities that were there to be coddled and simply allowed not to have to work for things.

Maybe, just maybe, the founders had a bright idea when they assumed that it was the role of family, friends, and the community (not the government) to deal with people who truly have disabilities. Ever think of that?

Our founding fathers created an entity to address the needs of We, the People...they called it GOVERNMENT. They were men who were the antithesis of Ayn Rand narcissism. Yes, they believed in personal responsibility, for EVERYONE. If a corporation caused harm to the people, the shareholders were held personally responsible.

No, you don't have a 'better idea'...you have an excuse to not have to care about others and to justify your priorities; ME, MYSELF and I.

Those SHOULD BE everyone's priorities.... It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, and it's one of the cornerstones and building blocks that this nation was founded on, Bfgrn.

I had the opportunity to go down the road that this new language now offers to many others. The opportunity to be nothing, to do nothing, and to truly have nothing of my own. To simply be a ward of the state and to expect everything to be given to me. I'm VERY GLAD that my parents refused to allow me to even consider going down that path. I would not be anywhere near who and what I am today if they had. I've worked my ass off to get to where I am today. It's not a perfect life, but it's a thousand times better than where I would be if I'd been allowed to succumb to the opportunities that were there to be coddled and simply allowed not to have to work for things.

Maybe, just maybe, the founders had a bright idea when they assumed that it was the role of family, friends, and the community (not the government) to deal with people who truly have disabilities. Ever think of that?

Our founding fathers created an entity to address the needs of We, the People...they called it GOVERNMENT. They were men who were the antithesis of Ayn Rand narcissism. Yes, they believed in personal responsibility, for EVERYONE. If a corporation caused harm to the people, the shareholders were held personally responsible.

OMG, get out the barf bag. And just WHERE does this Guberment get it's MONIES to take care of all these people.

A damn MONEY TREE in the back of the WHITE HOUSE.???

Last edited:
Nothing like SUCKING the BLOOD DRY from the very people WHO WORK and pay taxex.

ALL so the GUBERMENT can look, COMPASSIONATE.

Last edited:
Let me repeat folks.

you'll now see a rush of people APPLYING for DISABILY through the Federal Guberment.

Hey Steph, if a person really has a disability, what should we do? It is always the scurrilous argument by the right that requires other people to play a role YOU set for them. Conservatism has no investment in human capital. It believes everyone is basically evil, so it treats people accordingly.

Your indictment doesn't reflect on the character of those people with disabilities, it reflects on YOUR character.

OMG, get out the barf bag. And just WHERE does this Guberment get it's MONIES to take care of all these people.

A damn MONEY TREE in the back of the WHITE HOUSE.???

From the same place Bush found 3 trillion dollars to murder 100,000 human beings.

Let me repeat folks.

Hey Steph, if a person really has a disability, what should we do? It is always the scurrilous argument by the right that requires other people to play a role YOU set for them. Conservatism has no investment in human capital. It believes everyone is basically evil, so it treats people accordingly.

Your indictment doesn't reflect on the character of those people with disabilities, it reflects on YOUR character.

Oh, so WHY don't you go to WORK and send YOUR whole paycheck to the Federal Gubermnt. Your character is SO MUCH BETTER than others.

let us know when you start, we'll wait.:eusa_whistle:

Let me repeat folks.

Oh, so WHY don't you go to WORK and send YOUR whole paycheck to the Federal Gubermnt. Your character is SO MUCH BETTER than others.

let us know when you start, we'll wait.:eusa_whistle:

Hey, Steph, maybe the disabled will just evaporate...then you can go around acting like you are a real human being.

I strongly suggest you take and steal everything you can in this life, because your next life will be hot and eternal.

Luke 16:13-15

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money).”

14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of man, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valuable in the eyes of man is detestable in God’s sight.

I've never stolen anything. I've worked since I was old enough to have a paper route and i save my money. I don't need the government telling me I must under penalty of law spend more than they already take.

I don't believe in the man in the sky so if I'm really worried about hell I'll just make Pascal's wager on my death bed.

So not believing in an all powerful capricious entity that no one can see or even prove exists is a disability?

It's the same as not believing in unicorns, bigfoot, elves, fairies, gnomes, etc.

If you believe in the man in the sky must you not by the same logic believe in all of the above?

Yet another Big Government maneuver to sweep more and more people under the umbrella of government dependency.

So not believing in an all powerful capricious entity that no one can see or even prove exists is a disability?

It's the same as not believing in unicorns, bigfoot, elves, fairies, gnomes, etc.

If you believe in the man in the sky must you not by the same logic believe in all of the above?

It is believing that the son of God walked the earth and showed us how to live our lives, and how to treat His greatest creation; man.

Matthew 25:34-40
The Final Judgment

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

It is believing that the son of God walked the earth and showed us how to live our lives, and how to treat His greatest creation; man.

Matthew 25:34-40
The Final Judgment

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Fairy tales for the fearful.

Ah, according to some legal experts.

That's because sweeping new regulations from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission offer new guidelines on the issue of how to define "disability" under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The ADA, originally passed in 1990 and updated by Congress in 2008, originally defined disability as "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity."

When a worker satisfies the definition, employers must provide reasonable accommodations. For years, employers and employees have clashed over who truly qualifies for the sometimes-costly modifications to workplace duties and schedules. Attorney Condon McGlothlen says the new regulations could have a profound impact on that debate.

"Before, perhaps 40 million people were covered by the ADA. That number will increase significantly," McGlothlen told Fox News. "Some people might even say that a majority of Americans are covered as disabled under the law."

Read more: New Rules Would Label Millions of American Workers as Disabled - FoxNews.com

Aw. Shucks. Another gift to the lawyers. Who woulda thunk? :evil:

My ankles swell sometimes. I'm thinking my boss should provide a recliner in my cubicle.

Let me repeat folks.

I waited, until you finally went too far. Now I'm going to step in.

First and foremost, I don't hold ANYONE to a higher standard than the one I set for MYSELF. I have never, repeat, NEVER, asked anyone to do anything I wouldn't do! I've lived by that, I've put my life on the line for that, repeatedly, so don't you condescend to lecture me about what I ask of others!

I do NOT believe most people are "basically evil; I don't "believe" I KNOW, that a lot of people are slackers and quitters. I also know, that enabling someone to be a slacker or a quitter, does them no favors.

The ADA was not and is not a bad idea, in spite of the fact that like anything run by government bureaucrats it sometimes gets ridiculous. I've had to spend a lot of money myself retrofitting business space that had been MORE than ADA compliant, simply because some paper pusher in Washington decided a railing had to be 1/2 inch higher, and settle a class action lawsuit brought by legal buzzards after a rule was changed that required a ramp to be ONE INCH wider than one which exceeded the previous standard. I've played by the spirit of the rules; my reward has been to be punished for it.THAT is pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to call it what it is, no matter what YOU think, you business-hating, liberal Bolshevik hypocrite!

Even at that, I wouldn't be totally opposed to expanding some of the provisions-provided it was done clearly, and precisely. THIS outrage, however, is anything but that; it is as clear as Mississippi mud, and so open ended that trial lawyers could drive a truck through it. It is less a benefit for those who need it, that a welfare act for the worst bunch of overpaid, unproductive, costly hypocrites and self-serving vultures on the face of the earth-that would be the American Trial Lawyers Association! I'm going to call THAT as what I see it too! Common thieves and prostitutes are more ethical than those snakes who pocket MILLIONS, while the "poor victims" they solicit and "represent" get a pittance. At least the thieves and prostitutes are honest about what they do; these supposed "altruistic" lawyers are pure predators!

Don't you lecture me on compassion, or giving. I've given plenty, and I've had PTSD for years to show for it. It hasn't ruined my life, because I refused to let it! I've had the nightmares, the flashbacks, the waking up in the middle of the night sweating and shaking, reliving the fight, and I've realized that the only person who could get me out of that hole was ME. I'm still clawing my way out of that hole one inch at a time, and NO ONE owes me one red cent for that! I've spent a lifetime, first serving my country, and then coming back to serve my community, on my own time, as a volunteer, doing the hard dirty stuff someone has to do, not sitting on some board in an office. You want compassion? I've been down in the mud, blood and vomit in a ditch, in the middle of the night, trying to save lives. No one owes me for that either.

Now, you paragon of all things virtuous, why don't you tell us exactly what YOU have done, other than run your mouth or your keyboard, and let's see if you've earned the right to lecture anyone else!

Let me repeat folks.

First and foremost, I don't hold ANYONE to a higher standard than the one I set for MYSELF. I have never, repeat, NEVER, asked anyone to do anything I wouldn't do! I've lived by that, I've put my life on the line for that, repeatedly, so don't you condescend to lecture me about what I ask of others!

I do NOT believe most people are "basically evil; I don't "believe" I KNOW, that a lot of people are slackers and quitters. I also know, that enabling someone to be a slacker or a quitter, does them no favors.

The ADA was not and is not a bad idea, in spite of the fact that like anything run by government bureaucrats it sometimes gets ridiculous. I've had to spend a lot of money myself retrofitting business space that had been MORE than ADA compliant, simply because some paper pusher in Washington decided a railing had to be 1/2 inch higher, and settle a class action lawsuit brought by legal buzzards after a rule was changed that required a ramp to be ONE INCH wider than one which exceeded the previous standard. I've played by the spirit of the rules; my reward has been to be punished for it.THAT is pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to call it what it is, no matter what YOU think, you business-hating, liberal Bolshevik hypocrite!

Even at that, I wouldn't be totally opposed to expanding some of the provisions-provided it was done clearly, and precisely. THIS outrage, however, is anything but that; it is as clear as Mississippi mud, and so open ended that trial lawyers could drive a truck through it. It is less a benefit for those who need it, that a welfare act for the worst bunch of overpaid, unproductive, costly hypocrites and self-serving vultures on the face of the earth-that would be the American Trial Lawyers Association! I'm going to call THAT as what I see it too! Common thieves and prostitutes are more ethical than those snakes who pocket MILLIONS, while the "poor victims" they solicit and "represent" get a pittance. At least the thieves and prostitutes are honest about what they do; these supposed "altruistic" lawyers are pure predators!

Don't you lecture me on compassion, or giving. I've given plenty, and I've had PTSD for years to show for it. It hasn't ruined my life, because I refused to let it! I've had the nightmares, the flashbacks, the waking up in the middle of the night sweating and shaking, reliving the fight, and I've realized that the only person who could get me out of that hole was ME. I'm still clawing my way out of that hole one inch at a time, and NO ONE owes me one red cent for that! I've spent a lifetime, first serving my country, and then coming back to serve my community, on my own time, as a volunteer, doing the hard dirty stuff someone has to do, not sitting on some board in an office. You want compassion? I've been down in the mud, blood and vomit in a ditch, in the middle of the night, trying to save lives. No one owes me for that either.

Now, you paragon of all things virtuous, why don't you tell us exactly what YOU have done, other than run your mouth or your keyboard, and let's see if you've earned the right to lecture anyone else!

Are you Steph?

Are you Steph?

Not hardly, but since you were lecturing "conservatives" and "the right" I figured that includes me, what with the blanket generalizations you were making.

Are you Steph?

Answer the man.

Forum List

Back