Millennials and Gen Z won’t have enough kids to sustain America’s population—and it’s up to immigrants to make up the baby shortfall

Yes! And that's why I called you on pretending to not understand. And so all you've accomplished so far is not being able to understand that we essentially have nothing to disagree with.

Our competition will (should) be able to tell us why growth is necessary in a capitalist system. Then we'll have a debate in which we can take the same position. You, with all your credentials may even upstage me!

Just don't challenge me on my understanding of SS economics or the principles of the Laffer curve. I debated those clowns for more than 5 years on the Supplyside forum.
My education has nothing to do with what I did not understand in this thread, you boob. What I wasn't understanding, was why anybody was concerned about a "shortage" of people in the US, or how that can even exist ?

As for economic growth, it is not necessarily correlated with population growth, Some people need to be told twice.

How is there a "shortage" ? What does it matter ?
It probably doesn't matter to someone our age but the kids 60 and under should care if they are banking on much ss when they are eligible to draw. That is if SS is still around. You and I are drawing off what is contributed from the much less younger people than we have and as years go by it will be much less than today.

Even though some of these immigrants cannot get a social they use a relative or someone else and are paying into social, even though they most likely can draw social when turning 62 or beyond.

Fuck you, you moronic SCUMBAG. I am up to speed more than you know anything about. For your edification, illegal aliens streaming into the US now are coming from over 120 different countries, all races, and every continent on earth except Antarctica.

That's not my issue. My issue was the pros and cons of growth, as I thought everybody would understand. It will remain that on this discussion.
Even when Obama was president, and Hillary had presidential ambitions, there were sizable illegal immigrant populations here.
I don't disagree in the least.
You show ignorance of US immigration matters, and would probably be better off if you stuck to matters concerning your own country, whatever that is.

upload_2019-4-6_0-15-20-jpeg.254278
I'm not ignorant of US immigration matters. You thinking that is probably due to my opinionsand expressly my opinion that population growth is race and colour blind.

Is there really anything on which we can disagree, for the sake of having a debate?

I'm a Canadian. Couldn't you tell?

Millennials and Gen Z are less enthusiastic about having children than their parents. The reasons are many: financial, social, and biological, along with the preference among younger generations for “freedom.”

America’s falling fertility rates have been a cause for concern for several decades. During the Great Recession in 2008, millennials delayed marriage and having children, causing fertility rates to drop.

Then, early in the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a short-lived “baby bust,” when conceptions fell slightly. Months later, the rates rebounded but were inconsequential compared to the huge number of daily deaths.

Over the next few decades, demographers expect the population growth to decline further. But there’s one hope for increasing the U.S. population: immigrants.

A report by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released Tuesday predicts that the nation’s population will near 373 million by 2053, up by almost 3 million from CBO estimates a year ago. The difference? An increase in immigrants over the next three decades.

More, much more....

Blah, all I know is that this country (circa 1970) was a far better place to live when the population was 1/3 less than what it is today.

It's been that way since the country started.

turns-out-all-illegal-56a7551f5f9b58b7d0e94334.jpg

Maybe, if you state your position in your own clear words, rather than stick a link up here, and expect that to suffice.
The link is contrary to our opinions and was posted in order to inform the other side on the issue of growth.

Calm down and organize your thoughts. This is taking too much of my time and effort before the debate can even begin.

It probably doesn't matter to someone our age but the kids 60 and under should care if they are banking on much ss when they are eligible to draw. That is if SS is still around. You and I are drawing off what is contributed from the much less younger people than we have and as years go by it will be much less than today.

Even though some of these immigrants cannot get a social they use a relative or someone else and are paying into social, even though they most likely can draw social when turning 62 or beyond.
Most of the illegal aliens here today are banking on getting various types of welfare goodies from Uncle Sam, rather than working and paying into the system. Making matters worse, many of the the ones who DO work, are harming the US economy by working off the books, thus paying nothing to SS or any taxes,

Making matters still worse, is that the immigrants legal or illegal, race irrelevant, are sending hundreds of Billions$$ out of the country in remittances$$, thereby depriving US businesses (aka the economy) of Billions of $$$ in sale$$. $148 Billion/year lost in 2017. $30 Billion to Mexico alone.

The title of this thread defined the parameters of the debate to be mainly on population growth.

I don't recognize any distinctions between who makes up the shortfall being either immigrants or white/coloured American babies.

I'm doing my part. 8 kids and my wife is pregnant again.

I also used to donate to a sperm bank for several years. So I probably have sired a lot more than 8 biological children.

Do you even understand that you've compromised your rightist and capitalist priorities.
Do you understand that you don’t know me and your straw man arguments only make you look even more stupid?
Do you realize that questions end in question marks, you illiterate imbecile?

In Japan, the extremelly low birthrates of the population is presented to the japanese people in an honest manner, meaning it's not used to justify the destruction of the japanese national character of Japan:

"Japanese families aren't having enough babies, so let's bring JAPANESE workers from the huge japanese colonies of Brazil and Peru."

This is what Japan has been doing for at least 40 years. That's why the country is still 99% japanese.

In America, low birthrates are used by the government and the mass media as an excuse, a pretext to destroy the european majority of the nation, deceiving the people of the US:

"Let's solve our birthrate problem by bringing Africans, Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, Indians, everybody but white people."

The fatalist attitude that the left has indoctrinated in younger generations, via the MMGW and Marxist class warfare hoaxes, has rendered many hopeless and unwilling to take on the responsibilities of traditional adulthood. Chickens come home to roost.

That's not my issue. My issue was the pros and cons of growth, as I thought everybody would understand. It will remain that on this discussion.

I don't disagree in the least.

I'm not ignorant of US immigration matters. You thinking that is probably due to my opinionsand expressly my opinion that population growth is race and colour blind.

Is there really anything on which we can disagree, for the sake of having a debate?

I'm a Canadian. Couldn't you tell?
We could. And even then... No one gave a shit...

The coming war will further deplete the population, and the long term effects of the covid and abortions will continue to add to the trend. The capitalist system depends on a certain economic "growth" as they call it to function, and inflation of the money supply isn't having the effect that it used to have. Immigrants also are not accustomed to individual freedoms such as this country was founded on, are not used to questioning authority and will be a lot more pliable to the incoming regime. They will fit more easily into the new global system. Your time has passed.

Forum List

Back