Militray service and politics

Naval Service of Jimmy Carter

President Carter spent a little less than four years in subs. The entry requirements are no doubt tough but the duty is among the cushiest in the Navy.

Carter was selected by Rickover himself, and though I agree sub life now is cushy, it wasnt back when he served.

You're right about the time when he served. Someone earlier stated he served 11 years in submarines. I count a little less than four and then he did whatever Rickover had him do. Carter was a smart man but did not do 11 years in subs.

There were a number of lesbians in the motot pool in division maintenance battalion in the late 80s. As long as they were quiet about it, we could care less over in headquarters. 'sides, they were good softball players, really good, div champs!

We always thought the DADT was stupid later on but it was what it was.

We had a bunch of them on the tender I was on for a couple of years, The Chief Master at arms had a whole flock, that was until one of them got jealous and rattered her out for fixing piss tests for all her girl friends.

Lost your girlfriend to them, didn't you? And not to mention, getting beat out on the rating tests and promotion lists.

Still using that lame comeback? you fail dumptruck.

We had a bunch of them on the tender I was on for a couple of years, The Chief Master at arms had a whole flock, that was until one of them got jealous and rattered her out for fixing piss tests for all her girl friends.

Lost your girlfriend to them, didn't you? And not to mention, getting beat out on the rating tests and promotion lists.

Dream on Butch, I was a Gunnersmate, I was already a E-7 before they let women in my rating.

Gunner's mate? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....Gunner's Mate. What? Huh? Speak up, can't hear you! What?

he was of age during a time when we drafted.

He used his religion to keep from fighting while many poor kids died for their country under this draft.

You bet it matters

If you really believe this, why did you vote for Obama over McCain?

Naval Service of Jimmy Carter

President Carter spent a little less than four years in subs. The entry requirements are no doubt tough but the duty is among the cushiest in the Navy.

Carter was selected by Rickover himself, and though I agree sub life now is cushy, it wasnt back when he served.

You're right about the time when he served. Someone earlier stated he served 11 years in submarines. I count a little less than four and then he did whatever Rickover had him do. Carter was a smart man but did not do 11 years in subs.

Some of the Rickover stories are amazing. Almost urban legends now.

Wow, an academy grad. :eusa_whistle:

I actually attended a college ranked higher than any academy and did ROTC there, a more well rounded experience to become an officer. I did do SERE school at an Academy for "fun" one summer. :eusa_whistle:

I have more years, more medals, etc than Jimmy bucktooth Carter.

Again, you don't even know its "SEALs" among your lie about being a swabbie.

Dumbfuck....I said Jimmy Carter served a short stint in the Navy.

11 years in the military is short compared to me and my dad. Got that, dumbfuck?

You and Obamination have as much time in the military as my dogs.

You, a vet? This I doubt very much. Your family, I have no idea and families are off limits.

You are talking stupidly, bubba.

Carter was an Academy grad (ring knocker) and one of Rickover's first hand picked Nuc Officers.

And you?

I actually attended a college ranked higher than any academy and did ROTC there, a more well rounded experience to become an officer. I did do SERE school at an Academy for "fun" one summer. :eusa_whistle:

11 years in the military is short compared to me and my dad. Got that, dumbfuck?

Carter was an Academy grad (ring knocker) and one of Rickover's first hand picked Nuc Officers.

And you?
Of course you do.

John Kerry is going to get benefits from the Wounded Warrior Program for his paper cut.

^ Case in point.

Kerry still carries sharpnel in his body to this day..from the Vietnam war.

The only place Kerry might carry shrapnel is in his butt. He took advantage of "three Hearts and you are out" by recommending himself for two Purple Hearts for band-aids and a third when he wounded himself because he stood too close to a grenade that he threw it at a sack of rice. Kerry is a disgrace and a symbol of less than 1% of officers who dishonored the service.

:cuckoo:

And you?
Of course you do.

Is current or past military service (of ones self or ones family) the only indicator of patriotism?

Should lack of military service (personally) disqualify someone from holding public office?

Is it fair to criticize Romney for seeking the Presidency when neither he nor his children ever served in the military, and yet NOT criticize Obama, who never served in the military?

Discuss.

(R) - Fair game
(D) - Off Limits.

John Kerry is going to get benefits from the Wounded Warrior Program for his paper cut.

^ Case in point.

The only place Kerry might carry shrapnel is in his butt. He took advantage of "three Hearts and you are out" by recommending himself for two Purple Hearts for band-aids and a third when he wounded himself because he stood too close to a grenade that he threw it at a sack of rice. Kerry is a disgrace and a symbol of that 1% of officers who dishonored the service.

Um....people don't recommend themselves for Purple Hearts. Thanks for playing.

Is current or past military service (of ones self or ones family) the only indicator of patriotism?

Should lack of military service (personally) disqualify someone from holding public office?

Is it fair to criticize Romney for seeking the Presidency when neither he nor his children ever served in the military, and yet NOT criticize Obama, who never served in the military?

Discuss.

(R) - Fair game
(D) - Off Limits.

Show us where (D) has been off limits. I'm curious to see.

Sure, jughead.

Are you asking me or GB, Jarhead.

You.

I am not interested in speaking with GB. The guy is a flake.

You see...first you criticized Carter for his tenure in the military.....the man was a loser as a President....but if you were truly military, you would know that whereas we rib each other while active....meaning the branches rib each other....we recognize the bond...
and we doint outright criticize the tenure or the quality of a brother (or sister).

Then you call me jughead.....that too is taboo when no longer active.....not taboo...just not done.

So you are a flake..a phoney.....you are no more military than Mickey Mouse.

And you?

bragging about your medals huh....

And there ya go.

Discuss.

(R) - Fair game
(D) - Off Limits.

Show us where (D) has been off limits. I'm curious to see.

Bill Clinton (D) - legally dodged service, bringing his non service up, off-limits.
GWB (R) - Served, his service was attacked.

Some of the Rickover stories are amazing. Almost urban legends now.

I actually like the man. He is southern and Navy and he has had a remarkable post-presidency life. I also work with a pilot who was on the failed Desert One rescue mission. If that had gone differently, President Carter's legacy might be a bit different.

^ Case in point.

The only place Kerry might carry shrapnel is in his butt. He took advantage of "three Hearts and you are out" by recommending himself for two Purple Hearts for band-aids and a third when he wounded himself because he stood too close to a grenade that he threw it at a sack of rice. Kerry is a disgrace and a symbol of that 1% of officers who dishonored the service.

Um....people don't recommend themselves for Purple Hearts. Thanks for playing.

Actually...CO's do.

In my family, that is a short stint, dumbfuck.

After getting a VIP tour for a few days out to sea on a nuclear submarine myself, I can see where bucktooth Carter was the torpedo tube cleaner.

You, a vet? This I doubt very much. Your family, I have no idea and families are off limits.

You are talking stupidly, bubba.

You are still talking stupidly.

Forum List

Back