The Pre-Pelosi Era

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
December 2007 Marks Record 52nd Consecutive Month Of Job Growth.
Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent.'

http://www.allbusiness.com/economy-economic-indi cators/economic-indicators/5848024-1.html

My, how far we have fallen.

:(

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent.'

http://www.allbusiness.com/economy-economic-indi cators/economic-indicators/5848024-1.html

Don't knock Nancy Pelosi. She contributed mightily to ensuring a Republican majority in the House in 2010.

I remember those days well. Especially the part about the Dimocrats ranting about the "worst economy ever" during the 2004 campaign, which proved two things. They were friggin' idiots for saying it in the first place and they had no recollection whatsoever of James Earl Carter's Barry-like administration.

I'm not quite sure why the Liberals aren't interested in participating in the before / after discussion examining the results of their dreamed-for Pelosi-Reid-Obama government.

169847.jpeg

December 2007? That conveniently marks the start date of the latest recession.

True.

Businesses were shocked that Marxists such as Reid and Pelosi were actually coming to power, and they took Pelosi's 'first 100 days' agenda quite seriously.

So they rolled up the sidewalks, which won't be rolled out again until the clear and present danger of the Obama regime is no more.

True.

Businesses were shocked that Marxists such as Reid and Pelosi were actually coming to power, and they took Pelosi's 'first 100 days' agenda quite seriously.

So they rolled up the sidewalks, which won't be rolled out again until the clear and present danger of the Obama regime is no more.

Oh, right - that makes perfect sense. A deep recession brought on by a collapse in housing and associated securities that started in May of 2006 was actually the fault of an election in November 2007.

OK then. Carry on.

I don't think we can blame this solely on pelosi, although her votes since she was speaker have not been helpful for the economy she is just one congressperson ;).

True.

Oh, right - that makes perfect sense.

dude. Don't take MY word for it!

Our job creators are just going to wait Obama out:

'64% Of Small Businesses Planning To Wait Out Obama, Will NOT Be Adding New Jobs (12% Say They Will CUT Jobs)'

64% Of Small Businesses Planning To Wait Out Obama, Will NOT Be Adding New Jobs (12% Say They Will CUT Jobs) « Start Thinking Right

No REAL economic recovery until Obama is gone and his nonsensical programs are reversed.

Vote responsibly next time.

True.

Oh, right - that makes perfect sense.

dude. Don't take MY word for it!

Our job creators are just going to wait Obama out:

So the part about Pelosi was just....what, exactly? (Such as, you know, the title of the thread)

She hadn't even taken office yet.

Huh? December 2007? Wasnt it January 2007 that she did? The election being November 2006?

:cuckoo: It's been that kind of week....

Just curious....am I the one who had that kind of week or was it you?

I really am starting to think maybe I am wrong? I have found deferring to you usually winds up being the correct route to go.

Huh? December 2007? Wasnt it January 2007 that she did? The election being November 2006?

:cuckoo: It's been that kind of week....

Just curious....am I the one who had that kind of week or was it you?

I really am starting to think maybe I am wrong? I have found deferring to you usually winds up being the correct route to go.

No, you weren't wrong. The election was in Nov 2006. Pelosi would have taken the leadership in Jan 2007. My body came back from vacation but my brain is still out of the office.

Forum List

Back