Military strained by Obama trip

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Military strained by Obama trip

Air Obama

President Obama's European visit this week has strained Air Force heavy-airlift capabilities and obliged the military to hire more foreign contractors to help resupply U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan, according to military sources.

The large delegation traveling with the president in Europe required moving several transports, including jumbo C-5s and C-17s, from sorties ferrying supplies to Afghanistan to European bases for the presidential visit, said two military officials familiar with the issue. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid any misunderstanding with White House officials.

The Air Mobility Command, part of the U.S. Transportation Command, was ordered to provide airlift for the president's entourage of nearly 500 people, including senior officials, staff, support personnel, news reporters and some 200 Secret Service agents for the European visit, which began Tuesday in London.
Washington Times - Military strained by Obama trip

Oh, c'mon, Yurt. Why weren't you griping about all the same stuff when Bush did it?

Back up your mouth. Provide evidence that "Bush was doing it."

After you do, I'll point out once again ad nauseum, that Bush is not President. Obama is. If you leftwingers are supposed to be "so much better" then how is "we can do it because so-n-so did" an excuse?

George W. Bush, Dick Cheney's 2007 White House Bills
A recent report discloses Bush and Cheney's office expenditures for 2007
Posted February 19, 2009
$12,337,476: Amount spent on improvements and repair of the Executive Residence at the White House
$8,694: Entertainment expenses for President Bush
$52, 974: Entertainment expenses for Vice President Cheney
$103,325: Subsistence expenses for those traveling with the president

this is for one year only....bush did spend a lot of time on the campaign trail

Oh, c'mon, Yurt. Why weren't you griping about all the same stuff when Bush did it?

After you do, I'll point out once again ad nauseum, that Bush is not President. Obama is. If you leftwingers are supposed to be "so much better" then how is "we can do it because so-n-so did" an excuse?

Bush had equally as large entourages accompanying him on overseas trips. He also had more Secret Service in attendance than any other preceding president because of his unpopularity overseas. As for use of other aircraft in the vicinity, this is a full-week tour of major European countries, not just an overnighter. This is such a non-issue, and so very typical of the right-wing Washington Times.

I'm also sick of hearing that we shouldn't blame Bush for the current messes. Like everything came crashing down on January 21, 2009. Yeah, okey-dokey. :eusa_whistle:

Posted February 19, 2009
$12,337,476: Amount spent on improvements and repair of the Executive Residence at the White House

so being that the dems are better than the pubs i would expect that theirs will be less....

When Bush travelled while we were much more active in replenishing our efforts in Iraq (all those pallets of cash, y'know. I could've enjoyed working one of those flights) his flight entourage demands caused quite a 'strain' on the mliltary.
It is hard to shuffle flights and planes and top priority material from a cancelled flight to an already full flight when the air is full of heavy movment of men and material. The President's itinerary and travel requirements is extremely well managed by the best people in the Air Force, and it is very secret.
Military logisitics planners are not told which planes are no longer available, or why. The unavailbility is often disguised when Air Force One planners snag resources by assigning planes under "required maintenance down time".
Wait until Obama or a top security person official comes to your town. The place has to be shut down, flights in and out are pretty much locked up, the motorcade route is inaccessible.
Welcome to the 21st century. What we have to do to avoid any more assassinations.

Posted February 19, 2009

I must be missing where it says he diverted strategic military assets to cater to his entourage.

Bush had equally as large entourages accompanying him on overseas trips. He also had more Secret Service in attendance than any other preceding president because of his unpopularity overseas. As for use of other aircraft in the vicinity, this is a full-week tour of major European countries, not just an overnighter. This is such a non-issue, and so very typical of the right-wing Washington Times.

I'm also sick of hearing that we shouldn't blame Bush for the current messes. Like everything came crashing down on January 21, 2009. Yeah, okey-dokey. :eusa_whistle:

And I'm sick of hearing everything is Bush's fault. It isn't. Period. If you have a hard time comprehending the fact to that, let me know.

Not to mention it's a deflection. Where are your sources to back up your assertions? I'll wait.

Posted February 19, 2009

so being that the dems are better than the pubs i would expect that theirs will be less....

Right? Notice how a lot of what Obama does is "explained" by "well, Bush did this or that"?

Losers.

When Bush travelled while we were much more active in replenishing our efforts in Iraq (all those pallets of cash, y'know. I could've enjoyed working one of those flights) his flight entourage demands caused quite a 'strain' on the mliltary.
It is hard to shuffle flights and planes and top priority material from a cancelled flight to an already full flight when the air is full of heavy movment of men and material. The President's itinerary and travel requirements is extremely well managed by the best people in the Air Force, and it is very secret.
Military logisitics planners are not told which planes are no longer available, or why. The unavailbility is often disguised when Air Force One planners snag resources by assigning planes under "required maintenance down time".
Wait until Obama or a top security person official comes to your town. The place has to be shut down, flights in and out are pretty much locked up, the motorcade route is inaccessible.
Welcome to the 21st century. What we have to do to avoid any more assassinations.

Ummm ... no? You are incorrect.

Posted February 19, 2009

Obama has already over spent Bushes improvements on there friday
Entertainment.

Ummm ... no? You are incorrect.
What part.

Posted February 19, 2009

Right? Notice how a lot of what Obama does is "explained" by "well, Bush did this or that"?

Losers.

no shit they are just copying bush....they said it was going to change.....

Posted February 19, 2009

Remembering now that the obamalama spent FEMA funds to pay for his coronation! :lol::lol:

He also had more Secret Service in attendance than any other preceding president because of his unpopularity overseas.

Yeah... Bush was pretty unpopular overseas... at least within the group of people who were overtly promoting the interests of the Mass murdering hordes of Muslims which Bush had commanded the US military to seek out, close with and destroy.

Of course King Hussein is MUCH more popular with those folks; given his anti-Israeli policy, which includes his funding terrorism directly through a BILLION Dollars he gave to the terrorist organization Hamas.

:lol:Ah, fellows, just because you supported a really stupid fuckup for 8 years and got your asses kicked in the last election is no reason to be bitter. 365 electorial vote, 59 Dem Senators, 265 Dem Representatives.:lol:

Posted February 19, 2009

Losers.
It shouldn't matter if either one of the did it. Part of being President is going over seasand having many people who have to come with especially when they are attending something like the G20. And with the threat of terrorism and the state of the world I am sure both Bush and Obama have to have more security than other presidents in the past.If he didn't make these trips than people would bitch about is lack of foreign relations.
Plus Obama has recieved more death threats than any other President.
We should all be happy are country is not also funding royal family,

Forum List

Back