Mike Marshman Portland Chief of police vows to defend First Amendment Rights...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
God Bless him.

He is a veteran of the force (and probably remembers a time when people were civilized and voiced their concerns without violence in America) and states clearly that his force will support all opinions and "sides" of protests so that they can exericise their Rights.

This certainly can't be easy in this environment, but, considering what the mayor stated that hate speech is not protected by the Constitution (which is incorrect), this position is one of honour, character and integrity and illustrates that the police are up to the task.

I may not like all of the hatred and anger of some of this speech, but as one very intelligent man said in a roundabout way "I may not agree with what you say, but I will die for your right to say it".

Cheers to Chief Marshman and the Portland police.

(and probably remembers a time when people were civilized and voiced their concerns without violence in America)

^^ ;) When was this, pray tell?

(and probably remembers a time when people were civilized and voiced their concerns without violence in America)

^^ ;) When was this, pray tell?
images

So you promote the use of violence in voicing your... concerns?

******SMILE*****

:)

There was a time when Portland, Oregon set the example for tolerance and enlightened societal change. That's back when it was frequently the best city in America to live in. Then control freak liberal filth from California invaded and took over. Now its a intolerant liberal filth hole.

God Bless him.

He is a veteran of the force (and probably remembers a time when people were civilized and voiced their concerns without violence in America) and states clearly that his force will support all opinions and "sides" of protests so that they can exericise their Rights.

This certainly can't be easy in this environment, but, considering what the mayor stated that hate speech is not protected by the Constitution (which is incorrect), this position is one of honour, character and integrity and illustrates that the police are up to the task.

I may not like all of the hatred and anger of some of this speech, but as one very intelligent man said in a roundabout way "I may not agree with what you say, but I will die for your right to say it".

Please clarify that you are not attempting to advocate for the behavior of the lunatic on the train.

I get your point but if you're attempting to somehow victimize the lunatic perpetrator, then you're way off in the weeds.

God Bless him.

Please clarify that you are not attempting to advocate for the behavior of the lunatic on the train.

I get your point but if you're attempting to somehow victimize the lunatic perpetrator, then you're way off in the weeds.

Read the original story, the Mayor wanted to cancel two other planned protests by groups un-related to the nutter responsible for the attacks. part of the Mayor's justification was the Mayor's erroneous belief that Hate speech is not protected by the 1st amendment, a point the ACLU and now the local sheriff have now refuted.

There was a time when Portland, Oregon set the example for tolerance and enlightened societal change. That's back when it was frequently the best city in America to live in. Then control freak liberal filth from California invaded and took over. Now its a intolerant liberal filth hole.

Liberals ruin and defile everything that's good.

God Bless him.

Read the original story, the Mayor wanted to cancel two other planned protests by groups un-related to the nutter responsible for the attacks. part of the Mayor's justification was the Mayor's erroneous belief that Hate speech is not protected by the 1st amendment, a point the ACLU and now the local sheriff have now refuted.

What story?
Neither you nor the OP linked any story.

God Bless him.

What story?

Opinion | Portland mayor urges federal government to revoke permit for ‘alt-right’ demonstration, on the theory that ‘hate speech is not protected’

Of course, googling "Portland Mayor demonstration permit revoke" is sooooooo hard.

Did Skeletor ever speak at Berkeley? Or is she getting her bones cleaned for further down the line? Hard to keep up with all the angries that desperately want to vomit into a microphone. Maybe the alt-right talkers that are looking for speaking venues should start up something like Def Jam, travel the country talking about how great slavery was and why Putin is their new leader. Call it Dumb Jam or Derp jam. Dick Jam. Toe Jam. Snowflake-A-Looza. "And now ladies and gentlemen, Skeletor Coulter and the White Supremacists."

God Bless him.

God Bless him.

What story?

Opinion | Portland mayor urges federal government to revoke permit for ‘alt-right’ demonstration, on the theory that ‘hate speech is not protected’

Of course, googling "Portland Mayor demonstration permit revoke" is sooooooo hard.
The OP makes no mention of the police chief. In fact, if you google him you find out he's met with inter faith groups about cops shooting a suspect and he was suspended pending an investigation of administrative concerns.

The OP is a lame attempt to promote alt-R hate speech, which while protected is as vile, and perhaps worse, than burning a flag ... as it can promote violence.

God Bless him.

God Bless him.

What story?

The OP makes no mention of the police chief. In fact, if you google him you find out he's met with inter faith groups about cops shooting a suspect and he was suspended pending an investigation of administrative concerns.

The OP is a lame attempt to promote alt-R hate speech, which while protected is as vile, and perhaps worse, than burning a flag ... as it can promote violence.

So the Mayor is right that Hate Speech isn't protected, or not?

Any type of speech can "promote violence", the real line is inciting violence.

Did Skeletor ever speak at Berkeley? Or is she getting her bones cleaned for further down the line? Hard to keep up with all the angries that desperately want to vomit into a microphone. Maybe the alt-right talkers that are looking for speaking venues should start up something like Def Jam, travel the country talking about how great slavery was and why Putin is their new leader. Call it Dumb Jam or Derp jam. Dick Jam. Toe Jam. Snowflake-A-Looza. "And now ladies and gentlemen, Skeletor Coulter and the White Supremacists."

It's come to the point where all you idiots have is snark, which is only funny to your fellow fart-sniffling lefty twats.

Forum List

Back