‘Expect to be arrested’: Toronto police ban protests at Avenue Rd. overpass after high-profile incidents

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I may not like the message, but I believe in the Right to protest. It's an opportunity to educate people while letting them express themselves.

This is how Police States work and Toronto is certainly on the forefront of such tactics. Chief of police lie constantly in Toronto, former TPS chief Blair lies to citizens about their rights during the G20, Fantino basically had his own set of "rights" and now this Chief is removing rights as he goes along.

They are reflexive after some bad PR due to a coffee delivery. If people are being harassed, arrest the harasser. "High profile" means, "Toronto police were (unfairly in my opinion) shamed for delivering coffee". Most didn't care about the optics of the act but rather the hypocrisy.

Toronto police are banning protests, rallies and demonstrations on an Avenue Road highway overpass following a series of high-profile incidents, police Chief Myron Demkiw says.

Forum List

Back