Mid-term elections

I believe 2010 will be a terrible year for the Dems. Trends show that this may very well be the case.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Generic Congressional Vote

RealClearPolitics - Election 2009 - Virginia Governor - McDonnell vs. Deeds

RealClearPolitics - Election 2009 - New Jersey Governor - Corzine vs. Christie

The latest poll shows that Dems are trailing by 5 points and the two Governor races show that Dems will both of these races.

Corzine was never that well liked so the NJ poll doesn't surprise me, but I'm not sure how that's going to amount to Republicans taking any new seat in the House from there. Other than Monmouth/Ocean counties and the extreme northern part of the state, it'll never turn red.

The general poll totals suggest a slight edge for Democrats, so, I'm not sure what you're seeing that suggests any major Republican gain, the NJ governorship aside.

The general poll I am suggesting is the most recent which favors Rep. by 5 points. The other polling you are referring to is nearly a month old.

The fact that Corzine will probably lose in NJ has nothing to do with a national resurgence of the republicans nationwide. Corzine is personally disliked in NJ, a state which traditionally hates its governors. Christie will probably win, but NJ is still a blue state.

Nationwide, the republican brand is in shambles. Any drop in Obamas approval rating does not have a corresponding rise in republican approvals. republicans are still hostile to the moderate wing of their party. They have no candidates, no message, no funding and no chance.

The economy, which the republicans did such a fine job of trashing, is showing signs of recovery. By 2010, a resurgent recovery will be used against the "Party of NO" who did everything they could to prevent recovery

The fact that Corzine will probably lose in NJ has nothing to do with a national resurgence of the republicans nationwide. Corzine is personally disliked in NJ, a state which traditionally hates its governors. Christie will probably win, but NJ is still a blue state.

Nationwide, the republican brand is in shambles. Any drop in Obamas approval rating does not have a corresponding rise in republican approvals. republicans are still hostile to the moderate wing of their party. They have no candidates, no message, no funding and no chance.

The economy, which the republicans did such a fine job of trashing, is showing signs of recovery. By 2010, a resurgent recovery will be used against the "Party of NO" who did everything they could to prevent recovery

All of this, is of course your humble opinion. The polls I have posted in this thread are supporting evidence of the trend that exists.

I believe 2010 will be a terrible year for the Dems. Trends show that this may very well be the case.

The latest poll shows that Dems are trailing by 5 points and the two Governor races show that Dems will both of these races.

Corzine was never that well liked so the NJ poll doesn't surprise me, but I'm not sure how that's going to amount to Republicans taking any new seat in the House from there. Other than Monmouth/Ocean counties and the extreme northern part of the state, it'll never turn red.

The general poll totals suggest a slight edge for Democrats, so, I'm not sure what you're seeing that suggests any major Republican gain, the NJ governorship aside.

The general poll I am suggesting is the most recent which favors Rep. by 5 points. The other polling you are referring to is nearly a month old.

I may be mistaken but I think you linked to old polling data then, because that's what I saw when I opened the links.

Some facts here are in order. Democrats do not lose in New Jersey. CrusaderFrank would win in NJ as a Dem. Americans have not forgotten which party screwed them, and they think in a very large majority (the numbers have not gone down) the GOP shafted the citizens. The Dems are perfectly placed: (1) if economy grabs hold, they take credit; (2) if recovery remains shaky, Dems blame Repubs to a population who already heads the GOP. Result - Presidency and both chambers remain Dem. That is absolutely a foregone conclusion.

I am thoroughly enjoying the confidence republicans are showing in the upcoming 2010 and 2012 elections. Their belief that America hates Obama and that the economy will ultimately sink to levels lower than Bush left shows how clueless they remain.
"We the People" sent a strong message in 2006 and 2008 that we are tired of the crap the republicans are pushing and voted them out of office at all levels ov government. The republicans still have not gotten that message and are clinging to their right wing ideology. Expect more "Obama is gunna take your guns"....."Obama wants to abort your baby" and........."Obama is going to force gays to move next door to you"

republicans have no message, no candidates and no money. They will remain a second rate party

I'd like to see other polling before making that conclusion, as Rasmussen has a long-record of bias.

It doesn't really need a rise in Republican approvals though.

I am thoroughly enjoying the confidence republicans are showing in the upcoming 2010 and 2012 elections. Their belief that America hates Obama and that the economy will ultimately sink to levels lower than Bush left shows how clueless they remain.
"We the People" sent a strong message in 2006 and 2008 that we are tired of the crap the republicans are pushing and voted them out of office at all levels ov government. The republicans still have not gotten that message and are clinging to their right wing ideology. Expect more "Obama is gunna take your guns"....."Obama wants to abort your baby" and........."Obama is going to force gays to move next door to you"

republicans have no message, no candidates and no money. They will remain a second rate party

The result of 6 months of the Obama Presidency and a Democratic Congress.....
White House says $9 trillion deficit over next decade - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency
A half-hour after President Obama tapped Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke for another term, the White House budget office released new figures today on the federal deficit.

The hard-working Rich Wolf provides this context: For 2009, the deficit is now projected at $1.58 trillion. There will be a $5 trillion increase in red ink over the next five years and a total of $9 trillion over 10 years. The long-term numbers are worse than previously forecast. Rich says the White House numbers show the deficit declining $739 billion during the next decade and never falling below 3.7% of the economy.

For perspective: In February the administration forecast the deficit over the next decade would be $512 billion and 2.7% of the economy -- figures that were much more manageable.

One thing a lot of people are forgetting, that inflation rates will soar because of these deficit numbers. Interest on the national debt is already the third largest expenditure. Obama has recklessly put his foot on the accelerator toward the deficit cliff. Adding almost 2 trillion dollars of debt to the deficit is irresponsible and dangerous. These numbers don't include future programs(UHC) which would further compound the situation. This is the Republican message and rising inflation will be there for everyone to see next year.

White House says $9 trillion deficit over next decade - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency
A half-hour after President Obama tapped Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke for another term, the White House budget office released new figures today on the federal deficit.

The hard-working Rich Wolf provides this context: For 2009, the deficit is now projected at $1.58 trillion. There will be a $5 trillion increase in red ink over the next five years and a total of $9 trillion over 10 years. The long-term numbers are worse than previously forecast. Rich says the White House numbers show the deficit declining $739 billion during the next decade and never falling below 3.7% of the economy.

For perspective: In February the administration forecast the deficit over the next decade would be $512 billion and 2.7% of the economy -- figures that were much more manageable.

One thing a lot of people are forgetting, that inflation rates will soar because of these deficit numbers. Interest on the national debt is already the third largest expenditure. Obama has recklessly put his foot on the accelerator toward the deficit cliff. Adding almost 2 trillion dollars of debt to the deficit is irresponsible and dangerous. These numbers don't include future programs(UHC) which would further compound the situation. This is the Republican message and rising inflation will be there for everyone to see next year.

And Americans lost $10.2 Trillion in personal wealth in 2008 under the republicans. Do we really want to return to the policies that brought on that recession?

Americans will not forget what the republicans did

And Americans lost $10.2 Trillion in personal wealth in 2008 under the republicans. Do we really want to return to the policies that brought on that recession?

Americans will not forget what the republicans did

Who was in control of Congress in 2008?

Who was in control of Congress in 2008?

The person with the Veto power

Dems. controlled the purse strings in 2008 and further proof that the expansion of the national debt in 2008 was due to a Dem. Congress.....

2009...Dems are in control also and the largest debt recorded in one year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back