@*(&^&^% Microsoft!!!!!

I have said it several times now - I bet my house Windows "11" or whatever - there will be paid advertisements on the desktop. You can just feel it coming.
I don´t that there will be a Windows 11. MS wants to maintain Windows 10 for a long time and add new features now and then. Maybe, real ads will come but I don´t think so. Windows 10 is not a free software after all.
In a manner of speaking they are already there on preinstalled windows machines though much of it is not directly the responsibility of Microsoft. Most computer manufacturers preinstall programs no one actually wants and make it rather difficult to remove them. I think MS 10 has some apps preinstalled as well. That is, essentially, advertisement. Android has become terrible at this type of annoying installed software to the point that they actually bar you from removing it entirely.
I would install the Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB. No apps. Not even an appstore. If you want to remove non-removable apps from your Android-Phone, you need to get root-access. However, most of them can be deactivated without root.
I wouldn't install another 150 dollar program to fix the BS MS put into my current OS. Not going to shovel more money at them because they made something poorly.

As for android, that is the main problem. You have to root your phone to remove nuisance programs that you do not want when there should be an option to remove them naturally. It is unacceptable that people take this from companies that are charging for the product. I will not buy apples garbage mostly because of the control they want to exercise over MY computer. Android has gone the same direction. I will not buy another phone with all this garbage on it. And no, 'disabling' is not sufficient as well as not an option for many programs.

I have said it several times now - I bet my house Windows "11" or whatever - there will be paid advertisements on the desktop. You can just feel it coming.
I don´t that there will be a Windows 11. MS wants to maintain Windows 10 for a long time and add new features now and then. Maybe, real ads will come but I don´t think so. Windows 10 is not a free software after all.
In a manner of speaking they are already there on preinstalled windows machines though much of it is not directly the responsibility of Microsoft. Most computer manufacturers preinstall programs no one actually wants and make it rather difficult to remove them. I think MS 10 has some apps preinstalled as well. That is, essentially, advertisement. Android has become terrible at this type of annoying installed software to the point that they actually bar you from removing it entirely.
I would install the Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB. No apps. Not even an appstore. If you want to remove non-removable apps from your Android-Phone, you need to get root-access. However, most of them can be deactivated without root.
I wouldn't install another 150 dollar program to fix the BS MS put into my current OS. Not going to shovel more money at them because they made something poorly.

As for android, that is the main problem. You have to root your phone to remove nuisance programs that you do not want when there should be an option to remove them naturally. It is unacceptable that people take this from companies that are charging for the product. I will not buy apples garbage mostly because of the control they want to exercise over MY computer. Android has gone the same direction. I will not buy another phone with all this garbage on it. And no, 'disabling' is not sufficient as well as not an option for many programs.
Yeah, this tools should be removable. Android is nevertheless a stunning free OS. I bought several second hand phones already and none of them was rooted (reset the phone will not unroot it or reinstall previously removed pre-installed non-removable apps, this is why I recommend to disable these apps). Most people buy it only for the shiny display and posing.

However, root the phone and get your apps from specific pages. This will enhance its functionality massively.

Yeah, this tools should be removable. Android is nevertheless a stunning free OS. I bought several second hand phones already and none of them was rooted (reset the phone will not unroot it or reinstall previously removed pre-installed non-removable apps, this is why I recommend to disable these apps). Most people buy it only for the shiny display and posing.

However, root the phone and get your apps from specific pages. This will enhance its functionality massively.
Rooting has just as many negatives as positives to attain functionality that should already be there.

And free? AFAIK, android only comes on devices. It is far from something I can get for free. Is there somewhere I can download a base, BS free android version?

Rooting has just as many negatives as positives to attain functionality that should already be there.
After you phone has been rooted, you are the master of this phone. That´s all. It doesn´t change anything but only provides you with administrative rights. Fools could delete an important file and that´s it for the phone.

And free? AFAIK, android only comes on devices. It is far from something I can get for free. Is there somewhere I can download a base, BS free android version?
Yeah, free, even open source! But this is not what I meant. Apple for example limits the iPhone´s functionality. You cannot use an iPhone like a computer. There is no file manager and all you can do is to install apps from the store. Android can much more.

After you phone has been rooted, you are the master of this phone. That´s all. It doesn´t change anything but only provides you with administrative rights. Fools could delete an important file and that´s it for the phone.

Yeah, free, even open source! But this is not what I meant. Apple for example limits the iPhone´s functionality. You cannot use an iPhone like a computer. There is no file manager and all you can do is to install apps from the store. Android can much more.
I have 4 more months left on my Verizon contract, was thinking about going back to Virgin Mobile but was wondering if I could port my Droid Ultra over to VM. (VM runs off of the Sprint network)
Something tells me I've asked this before.........

Last edited:
I have 4 more months left on my Verizon contract, was thinking about going back to Virgin Mobile but was wondering if I could port my Droid Ultra over to VM. (VM runs off of the Sprint network)
What does this mean: port over to VM?

Virgin Mobil
Has simlock no use-by date in the US? As far as I know, the simlock fee expires after two years and the provider will unlock the phone for free. But there is no simlock in contract phones in Germany, anyway, so this is not a big matter here.

Virgin Mobil
Has simlock no use-by date in the US? As far as I know, the simlock fee expires after two years and the provider will unlock the phone for free. But there is no simlock in contract phones in Germany, anyway, so this is not a big matter here.
I was reading somewhere about incompatibility between the Sprint network and the Verizon network. Some claim they can make a Verizon phone work with Sprint, some claim it can't be done. :dunno:

Virgin Mobil
I was reading somewhere about incompatibility between the Sprint network and the Verizon network. Some claim they can make a Verizon phone work with Sprint, some claim it can't be done. :dunno:
I don´t know about this. But I believe there is no difference. Both use CDMA and if it doesn´t work with your phone it is very likely just a software lock that can be bypassed or lifted by an expert.

Virgin Mobil
I don´t know about this. But I believe there is no difference. Both use CDMA and if it doesn´t work with your phone it is very likely just a software lock that can be bypassed or lifted by an expert.
Okay

Virgin Mobil
Okay
Will not be easy, though.

"Taking your Verizon device to Sprint isn’t yet possible. Despite both carriers sharing the same basic technology, Verizon devices won’t respond to Sprint service, and Sprint won't accept customer requests to activate a Verizon phone on its network."
http://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Can-I-use-my-verizon-sprint-phone-on-a-different-network

You will probably be better off with a new free phone from VM.

Virgin Mobil
Okay

"Taking your Verizon device to Sprint isn’t yet possible. Despite both carriers sharing the same basic technology, Verizon devices won’t respond to Sprint service, and Sprint won't accept customer requests to activate a Verizon phone on its network."
http://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Can-I-use-my-verizon-sprint-phone-on-a-different-network

VM is a pre-pay, you buy the phone outright. I can also look to see which phones will port over and pick up a used one on ebay. Most of VMs phones are HTC.
I could just keep our Droids and go pre-pay with Verizon, depends on the cost difference.

Okay

VM is a pre-pay, you buy the phone outright. I can also look to see which phones will port over and pick up a used one on ebay. Most of VMs phones are HTC.
I could just keep our Droids and go pre-pay with Verizon, depends on the cost difference.
We have only GSM here. However, if you buy a new phone that is not an expensive one, the Motorolas will be better.

I just saw the Droid mini. Looks interesting but isn´t available here.

Okay

Does your phone have a sim card in it?

Okay

Yeah. I could root it then try a VM sim card, if it doesn't work. :dunno:

Okay

As Blei's source said, it depends on if the phone uses the sim card for full capability or for just LTE features. I think that the only way to know is give it a try. It is not like the carriers are advertising universal phones.

Can I use my Verizon/Sprint phone on another network? - WhistleOut

As Blei's source said, it depends on if the phone uses the sim card for full capability or for just LTE features. I think that the only way to know is give it a try. It is not like the carriers are advertising universal phones.
Well honestly if I end up forking out $70 to $100 a month for VM I might as well stay with Verizon. The only reason I went with Verizon is it's pretty much the only cell signal in Trinidad, Co where we moved to before we moved down to El Paso.

Okay

This will probably not work. If your phone is sim locked, root won´t help, I guess.

Can I use my Verizon/Sprint phone on another network? - WhistleOut

Well honestly if I end up forking out $70 to $100 a month for VM I might as well stay with Verizon. The only reason I went with Verizon is it's pretty much the only cell signal in Trinidad, Co where we moved to before we moved down to El Paso.
Is that the price?

I thought the entire point of these smaller carriers is that they had superior prices.

Forum List

Back