@*(&^&^% Microsoft!!!!!

VM is a pre-pay, you buy the phone outright. I can also look to see which phones will port over and pick up a used one on ebay. Most of VMs phones are HTC.
I could just keep our Droids and go pre-pay with Verizon, depends on the cost difference.
Does your phone have a sim card in it?
Yeah. I could root it then try a VM sim card, if it doesn't work. :dunno:
As Blei's source said, it depends on if the phone uses the sim card for full capability or for just LTE features. I think that the only way to know is give it a try. It is not like the carriers are advertising universal phones.
Well honestly if I end up forking out $70 to $100 a month for VM I might as well stay with Verizon. The only reason I went with Verizon is it's pretty much the only cell signal in Trinidad, Co where we moved to before we moved down to El Paso.
Is that the price?

I thought the entire point of these smaller carriers is that they had superior prices.
The larger carriers have felt the pinch and are competing though they'll only give you 1 GB of data per month. For me that's not a problem as I typically use a quarter of that and that's with both my wife and I.
The really smaller ones just don't have the coverage so why bother.

That is my problem. I have Verizon and they are costing me a fortune. I don't get coverage from Sprint or any of the smaller carriers here though. I can go to AT&T but they are just as bad with pricing.

That is my problem. I have Verizon and they are costing me a fortune. I don't get coverage from Sprint or any of the smaller carriers here though. I can go to AT&T but they are just as bad with pricing.
Do you have a Walmart?

Family Mobile - Walmart.com

No-Contract Phones & Plans - Walmart.com
I have been using Straight Talk, available at Wally World. $45 a month unlimited. They use Verizon or AT&T, depending on the store. We have two here, each different. You can tell on the box there is a small code on the front, I think it was a number with a V or A in front of it.

Do you have a Walmart?

Yes I do but they are a T-Mobil carrier. T-Mobil's coverage out here is absolutely abysmal.
Yup, location, location, location. The biggest problem out west for signal is the high mountains with deep valleys and wide open planes where there are few towers, heck even Verizon's coverage is primarily confined to major cities in the western mountain regions.

Do you have a Walmart?

I have been using Straight Talk, available at Wally World. $45 a month unlimited. They use Verizon or AT&T, depending on the store. We have two here, each different. You can tell on the box there is a small code on the front, I think it was a number with a V or A in front of it.
Straight talk?

Ill have to look into that. If they have a one that uses verizon's coverage then transferring over should be really easy. Can you take your phone with you?

Do you have a Walmart?

Straight talk?

Ill have to look into that. If they have a one that uses verizon's coverage then transferring over should be really easy. Can you take your phone with you?
I believe you can but I'm not sure. There's a $30 unlimited voice with a lesser phone and the $45 is for the smart phone unlimited data as well. It's a prepaid plan so I have it set up on auto refill.

Done, just switched this laptop over to Ubuntu. Finally got tired of having to fix the cd/dvd every time I rebooted. Now it works flawlessly.

I've been having a weird issue where every time I boot to my Win7 partition, the clock is 5 hours ahead. I just go and have it recheck the internet clock it's set on, but it's annoying. :p

I wonder if Windows is upset it isn't my main partition on this PC? :lol:

I've been having a weird issue where every time I boot to my Win7 partition, the clock is 5 hours ahead. I just go and have it recheck the internet clock it's set on, but it's annoying. :p

Are you sure it's set on the right time zone?

Yep, that was the first thing I checked. It would make sense, I'm on the east coast which is -5 GMT, but nope, it's set on Eastern time.

Whenever I boot to Windows I click on the clock and have it do the internet time update. That puts it at the correct time. I just don't know why it keeps resetting back. I have no issues with my Linux partition's time. :dunno:

Yep, that was the first thing I checked. It would make sense, I'm on the east coast which is -5 GMT, but nope, it's set on Eastern time.

Whenever I boot to Windows I click on the clock and have it do the internet time update. That puts it at the correct time. I just don't know why it keeps resetting back. I have no issues with my Linux partition's time. :dunno:
Could be a glitch in the registry. I've repaired a few problems after sifting through a hundred or so entries for some simple thing.

Could be a glitch in the registry. I've repaired a few problems after sifting through a hundred or so entries for some simple thing.
Or the time in the BIOS.

Or the time in the BIOS.
Could be but he said it was OK in Linux.

Or the time in the BIOS.
Could be but he said it was OK in Linux.
Good point. That would not make much sense if it was a system time error

I dual booted Mint and Vista on my other PC for a while when I first decided to try a Linux distro. I don't recall this kind of issue happening with it. I'm also new to using Win7; I got it after I decided just using Mint on this PC wouldn't work well enough for my games.

It's not a big enough issue for me to worry on it over much, but it is curious. :)

Tried playing with a bunch of Ubuntu and Mint flavors as Ubuntu (Unity) would freeze when waking up from suspend. Had loaded Kubuntu on my test desktop and absolutely love it so let's put it on my laptop..... Nope, damn thing freezes every time I click on continue after selecting replace (current OS). Yes, I've burned and tried different discs downloaded to the Windows and Linux computers.
I'm back to using Ubuntu (Unity) as out of all I've been able to try on this laptop it's still my favorite. Now all I have to do is find out why it freezes on wakeup andhow to fix it.
I also tried to test Fedora (regular and KDE) but the laptop doesn't see the ISO disc and it just boots to the existing OS. :dunno:

Tried playing with a bunch of Ubuntu and Mint flavors as Ubuntu (Unity) would freeze when waking up from suspend. Had loaded Kubuntu on my test desktop and absolutely love it so let's put it on my laptop..... Nope, damn thing freezes every time I click on continue after selecting replace (current OS). Yes, I've burned and tried different discs downloaded to the Windows and Linux computers.
I'm back to using Ubuntu (Unity) as out of all I've been able to try on this laptop it's still my favorite. Now all I have to do is find out why it freezes on wakeup andhow to fix it.
I also tried to test Fedora (regular and KDE) but the laptop doesn't see the ISO disc and it just boots to the existing OS. :dunno:

Have you tried to format the disk?

Have you tried to format the disk?
Of course.

Forum List

Back