@*(&^&^% Microsoft!!!!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Rebuilt my 7 year old computer a few weeks back, initially put 16GBs RAM in then ordered another 16GBs and installed it 1/2 hour ago....... Windows show the 32 GBs but says only 16 is usable...... Checked MSCONFIG - Boot - Advanced, the max RAM box is unchecked so that's not the problem. Dig around the internet and discover that Win 7 Home Premium x64 only supports 16GBs of RAM. What money hungry asshole at M$ came up with that ripoff??!!
So now I have to either purchase Win 7 Pro or Ultimate or upgrade to Win 10 to use the 32 GBs......... Damn am I pissed!!!!!!

Did the upgrade....... everything is working fine...... except the brand new (installed today before the upgrade) Samsung CD DVD burner......
Found out in a chat that they have a special team set up for this issue, 1-800 number...... 9 to 9 EST...... it's 7:29 here......

Never mind, got it working, turned it off, plugged the SATA cable into a different slot and rebooted.
Been busy loading what I want, deleting what I don't want (and can delete for now). Did find a program that not only blocks Microsoft's "spying" but also allows you to uninstall all the Microsoft Apps that you don't want, (that would be all of them for me).

Rebuilt my 7 year old computer a few weeks back, initially put 16GBs RAM in then ordered another 16GBs and installed it 1/2 hour ago....... Windows show the 32 GBs but says only 16 is usable...... Checked MSCONFIG - Boot - Advanced, the max RAM box is unchecked so that's not the problem. Dig around the internet and discover that Win 7 Home Premium x64 only supports 16GBs of RAM. What money hungry asshole at M$ came up with that ripoff??!!
So now I have to either purchase Win 7 Pro or Ultimate or upgrade to Win 10 to use the 32 GBs......... Damn am I pissed!!!!!!
Don´t mind. You will not even be using the first 16 Gb of RAM.

Don´t mind. You will not even be using the first 16 Gb of RAM.
The upgrade is already done and everything is running much faster.
I do have one question not related to this;
If I buy a XBox One do I have to log into my Microsoft account to use it?

This is impossible. Just because you install 16 or 32 Gb of Ram, the computer does not use it. It is like if you buy a car with a big trunk, expecting the trunk will be filled automatically with new stuff. Meaning: If you don´t use programs that consume many RAM, most of the memory will be left unused.

I am not sure, but I think yes. At least you have to connect it to the Internet once. I also think that the PS4 is the better choice.

This is impossible. Just because you install 16 or 32 Gb of Ram, the computer does not use it. It is like if you buy a car with a big trunk, expecting the trunk will be filled automatically with new stuff. Meaning: If you don´t use programs that consume many RAM, most of the memory will be left unused.

I am not sure, but I think yes. At least you have to connect it to the Internet once. I also think that the PS4 is the better choice.
Games, talking about games especially the high graphics ones. I know the games I already have (via Steam) will play on Xbox, don't know if they will play on PS4 without having to repurchase them.

Never mind, got it working, turned it off, plugged the SATA cable into a different slot and rebooted.
Been busy loading what I want, deleting what I don't want (and can delete for now). Did find a program that not only blocks Microsoft's "spying" but also allows you to uninstall all the Microsoft Apps that you don't want, (that would be all of them for me).
Please be so kind and name the program that allows one to uninstall all the microsoft apps and the Borgware. Thank you

Games, talking about games especially the high graphics ones. I know the games I already have (via Steam) will play on Xbox, don't know if they will play on PS4 without having to repurchase them.
You can eventually stream PC games on the Xbox but this requires the PC to run the games, not the Xbox. I don´t know how far MS is with that feature. You can also connect your TV to the PC for the same result.

Please be so kind and name the program that allows one to uninstall all the microsoft apps and the Borgware. Thank you
Download Destroy Windows 10 Spying - MajorGeeks

So you did not do your homework?

Hmm... not too bright :lol:

You can eventually stream PC games on the Xbox but this requires the PC to run the games, not the Xbox. I don´t know how far MS is with that feature. You can also connect your TV to the PC for the same result.
Well I know all of the games I have on Steam will run on Xbox, no PC needed so if push comes to shove and I decide I've had it with Microsoft I can just switch over to Xbox to run my games and only have to replace a few most of which can be found cheap at pawn shops and thrift stores.

Like you got straight As 100% of the time...... :eusa_whistle:

Homework. People who build anything should do their homework. Problem I found on the web is most people fly by the seat of their pants. Shit, half of the fixes on forums like your Geek site are bs and do more harm than good. But go play online games and rebuild old boxes if that's what wets your whistle

Well I know all of the games I have on Steam will run on Xbox, no PC needed so if push comes to shove and I decide I've had it with Microsoft I can just switch over to Xbox to run my games and only have to replace a few most of which can be found cheap at pawn shops and thrift stores.
I would try it now to prevent you from suffering a big disappointment.

Homework. People who build anything should do their homework. Problem I found on the web is most people fly by the seat of their pants. Shit, half of the fixes on forums like your Geek site are bs and do more harm than good. But go play online games and rebuild old boxes if that's what wets your whistle
It does. Problem? Or is your narcissism getting the better of you?

I would try it now to prevent you from suffering a big disappointment.
Everyone has their favorites, I've played on Xbox before, my nephew had a 360. Never had any problems with it.

Forum List

Back