Microsoft will invest $500 million in affordable housing in the Seattle area to address inequality c

Affordable ... but a little drafty.

furnishedtownhouse.jpg

What the city of Seattle needs to do is to change their zoning to encourage development of new Trailer Courts in the city as well as encouraging developers to build new Flop Houses for the poor.

Nothing wrong with individual homes, but the traditional methods of providing low cost housing are still used successfully in many places.

Microsoft should team up with habitat for humanity and develop a decent affordable community!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Microsoft should team up with habitat for humanity and develop a decent affordable community!

I don't think so, the Habitat model wouldn't be appropriate for Seattle IMHO.

They want to bring in workers in their boom sectors, not poverty stricken individuals to permanently reside in slums. Pushing for "hot bedding" and inexpensive rooming houses for the young men seeking their fortunes, as was done in the past, and providing room for trailers to camp will resolve this better and to Seattle's advantage.

I don't think so, the Habitat model wouldn't be appropriate for Seattle IMHO.

They want to bring in workers in their boom sectors, not poverty stricken individuals to permanently reside in slums. Pushing for "hot bedding" and inexpensive rooming houses for the young men seeking their fortunes, as was done in the past, and providing room for trailers to camp will resolve this better and to Seattle's advantage.

Really? Their founders act like they want slums

Forum List

Back