Michigan about to be lost to republicans for a generation

worker do have the choice to join a union or not. it is their choice to become involved in a profession in which is unionized. if workers truly hate unions, then can choose employment elsewhere. the legislation itself is directed specifically at unions already in place not the formation of new unions.

are law makers this scared of unions and believe that workers are not intelligent enough to choose for themselves?

I think it's high time for workers to mass unionize the private sector again - every company in every industry. To hell with this doublespeak "right to (not) work, and we can fire you for no reason whatsoever to avoid paying unemployment for laying you off bullshit". I have had it with the private sector.

You have the right to try and form a union, join a union or not, and quit your job.

Nutters are losing battle after battle for the hearts and minds of the majority. Choosing to stand on the wrong side of issue after issue.......bitterly clinging.

You don't have to be on the wrong side of the issue. You can stand up for the choice of workers. Or you can force them to participate in organizations they want no part of.

worker do have the choice to join a union or not. it is their choice to become involved in a profession in which is unionized. if workers truly hate unions, then can choose employment elsewhere. the legislation itself is directed specifically at unions already in place not the formation of new unions.

are law makers this scared of unions and believe that workers are not intelligent enough to choose for themselves?

I think it's high time for workers to mass unionize the private sector again - every company in every industry. To hell with this doublespeak "right to (not) work, and we can fire you for no reason whatsoever to avoid paying unemployment for laying you off bullshit". I have had it with the private sector.

In other words, you want the unemployment rate to skyrocket. Don't worry, Obama is still in office, chances of that happening are good regardless. Wish it wasnt.

If that's the case then what is the left's problem with this legislation in Michigan it's not keeping anyone from joining a union?

And it is not keeping anyone from joining a union already in place so again what's the beef here?
if there is no concerns about this, then why do law makers feel the need to legislate a problem that doesnt exist?

Cool, I'll be watching for the link. But don't kid yourself. You don't have the balls. You are an internet commando. Remember. However, if you go, you could take that asshole mukky with you. And you both could get your asses kicked. A tofer. Make my day it would.
You know those union guys are just women right? Welfare queens I think you said.
Shouldn't be a problem for two tuffs like you guys.

Pick a Teamsters Union if one is close by. A UAW hall would be good as well. International Machinists and Aerospace Workers might be ok. What ever is close by to you should work.

Shocked. Robbers advocating violence.

And it is not keeping anyone from joining a union already in place so again what's the beef here?
if there is no concerns about this, then why do law makers feel the need to legislate a problem that doesnt exist?
I don't live in Michigan so you would have to ask them and I still don't have a answer to why letting people choose if they want to join the union is such a big deal.If the unions of Today are as great as they are made out to be getting people to remain members and keep paying those dues or getting new members who are willing to those dues should not really be a problem.

How awful that people be given the freedom to choose for themselves if union membership is right for them.

of the 10 states with the highest poverty rate, 8 are "right to work" states.... which does NOT mean, right to choose... it means right to work for less money and no benefits.
because, you know, to support CEO salaries and bonuses, workers SHOULD live in poverty.

it's so funny watching you idiots vote against your own interests...

especially people who get government salaries.

:eusa_whistle:

Can you post some evidence corroborating the connection between the poverty rate and it being a direct result of the states being "right to work" states.

Thank you!

He doesn't have too, he is simply saying right too work doesn't mean or is what it's cracked up to be.

Because it was a problem. People were forced to join unions even if they didn't want to. This law fixes that problem.

This is one of the issues Synder ran on when he was elected. Clearly this was a mandate from the people, which he fulfilled. The people have spoken. We are now in the 21st Century! Progress.

Yes, Comrade! On to glorious Worker's Revolution! For the Motherland! It's bound to work...this time!

resize_Poster31.jpg

How awful that people be given the freedom to choose for themselves if union membership is right for them.

You mean take all the advantages of union membership without the work?

When the union fights for safer working conditions, the non-union employee benefits. Same with higher wages or protections from abusive managers.

How does a Plutocrat say, "Fuck you"? "Trust me!"

You're confused.

Unions don't do that, OSHA does that.

Unions only have a couple of purposes.

Drive up wages and fund corrupt liberal politicians' political campaigns.

Oh, and they've replaced OWS. The nut-jobs took them over so they needed a semi-respectable alternative.

Actually, we didn't have OSHA until the 1970's.... who do you think was fighting for worker safety before that?

And when you get a union out of a place, why is it that safety often takes a nose-dive?

As the tittle says, this push by a minority to turn Michigan to a right to work state by holding closed doors meeting and other crazy stuff, the best part is its having a major effect, workers are now more united than ever, getting stronger. This will push Michigan into FIRM democrat control, the dems are now primed to take back pretty much every state branch of government. This is one of the best things that has happened in a long time. Oh and looks like Wisconsin is shifting too, hell Paul Ryan couldn't even win his home district in the 2012 election, gov. Walker is weaker than ever now, this is very awesome, it's destroying the republican party this this part of the country for a generation.

Well if the RTW works I think jobs will be coming to MI once again and the Dems will be the ones out in the cold.

Jobs coming into the State sans the Union bs will be welcome to those looking to work and those with jobs won't give a rats ass about the Unions at all.

Sure worked great for Indiana.

As the tittle says, this push by a minority to turn Michigan to a right to work state by holding closed doors meeting and other crazy stuff, the best part is its having a major effect, workers are now more united than ever, getting stronger. This will push Michigan into FIRM democrat control, the dems are now primed to take back pretty much every state branch of government. This is one of the best things that has happened in a long time. Oh and looks like Wisconsin is shifting too, hell Paul Ryan couldn't even win his home district in the 2012 election, gov. Walker is weaker than ever now, this is very awesome, it's destroying the republican party this this part of the country for a generation.

Well if the RTW works I think jobs will be coming to MI once again and the Dems will be the ones out in the cold.

Jobs coming into the State sans the Union bs will be welcome to those looking to work and those with jobs won't give a rats ass about the Unions at all.

Sure worked great for Indiana.

Did it? Frankly, I've been to Indiana a few times.... things haven't improved much.

Forum List

Back