Michelle was right!

Again, as much I think we need to make sure kids are eating healthy foods, I'm not as concerned with the quantity as I am with the quality. On top of that, our biggest problem is that these kids don't get enough exercise. If they did, they would burn off all those calories and it wouldn't be a problem. I was in sports in high school, and I ate like a pig, consuming over 6000 calories per day. I weighed 120 lbs. I would eat a small breakfast in the morning, then I ate three school lunches per day at school. After practice, I would eat a good home cooked meal where I had seconds and many times third helpings of everything. Then around ten, I would head up to Wendy's and have Double, Fries, and a Frosty before heading home and going to bed.

The problem today is that kids eat as much as I ate, but instead of running 30 to 40 miles per week, or being involved in any sport where they would burn plenty of calories, a lot of them are at home sitting in front of the television playing video games.

Almost all the kids my children attend school with are VERY active...they are currently playing soccer, volleyball, football, and participating in cheering (they call it pep squad but it's cheering with acrobatics and flyers and the whole shebang).

I'm not sure what schools these are where the kids don't have any physical activity....and I'm curious about when we cured the student/child hunger problem that the left has been screeching about for YEARS. It appears to have completely been replaced by rampant obesity and a reversal so now the majority of American children actually are getting TOO MUCH to eat and it has become the job of the schools to diet the shit out of them while they are at school.

In which case one wonders why we have the lunch program at all?

Someone has already suggested we shouldn't have a lunch program, you ignored it to call me a nazi.

I dont remeber anyone suggesting children are gettig too much to eat,just that they are eating the wrong things. Are you denying that children have an obesity problem?

Shame on the First Lady for passing these food laws. Oh wait, she didn't...

She championed it Lakhota;
Through the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act championed by the
First Lady
and signed by President Obama, USDA is making the first major
changes in school meals in 15 years, which will help us raise a healthier
generation of children.

Have you ever tasted tofu and soy yogurt products?
It Tate's like chalk.
Substituting tofu and soy yogurt as meat products?
These kids need MEAT and they say they are hungry.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/governance/Policy-Memos/2012/SP16-2012os.pdf

Affordable Health Care Act - NOT so affordable
Hunger Free Kids Act - NOT, they are hungry.

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

Proof that the healthy lunches are going uneaten?

You are honestly arguing that feeding children heathy food is bad for them? Seriously?

It is if no one eats it! And, the government mandated healthy meals might not be all that healthy for all children. Severely calorie restricted meals might be dangerous to a child who is underweight to begin with, or an athlete, or someone very active. It might be downright dangerous.

Notice that these "healthy" meals don't apply to the presidebt's children. They get pizza.

Again, as much I think we need to make sure kids are eating healthy foods, I'm not as concerned with the quantity as I am with the quality. On top of that, our biggest problem is that these kids don't get enough exercise. If they did, they would burn off all those calories and it wouldn't be a problem. I was in sports in high school, and I ate like a pig, consuming over 6000 calories per day. I weighed 120 lbs. I would eat a small breakfast in the morning, then I ate three school lunches per day at school. After practice, I would eat a good home cooked meal where I had seconds and many times third helpings of everything. Then around ten, I would head up to Wendy's and have Double, Fries, and a Frosty before heading home and going to bed.

The problem today is that kids eat as much as I ate, but instead of running 30 to 40 miles per week, or being involved in any sport where they would burn plenty of calories, a lot of them are at home sitting in front of the television playing video games.

Almost all the kids my children attend school with are VERY active...they are currently playing soccer, volleyball, football, and participating in cheering (they call it pep squad but it's cheering with acrobatics and flyers and the whole shebang).

I'm not sure what schools these are where the kids don't have any physical activity....and I'm curious about when we cured the student/child hunger problem that the left has been screeching about for YEARS. It appears to have completely been replaced by rampant obesity and a reversal so now the majority of American children actually are getting TOO MUCH to eat and it has become the job of the schools to diet the shit out of them while they are at school.

In which case one wonders why we have the lunch program at all?

Someone has already suggested we shouldn't have a lunch program, you ignored it to call me a nazi.

I dont remeber anyone suggesting children are gettig too much to eat,just that they are eating the wrong things. Are you denying that children have an obesity problem?

I'm sorry, aren't children obese/fat because they eat too much? As in calories?

I'm saying you aren't going to solve the obesity problem by depriving all children of calories they need, via a program meant to alleviate HUNGER.

The thought that the same program that is supposed to address a HUNGER issue can also address an OBESITY issue is just schizophrenic seizuring on the part of statists.

The fair way would be to eliminate lunch entirely and substitute it with a calorie and nutrition controlled drink. Everyone gets the same, just chug it down under observation so no one throws it away.

The fair way would be to eliminate lunch entirely and substitute it with a calorie and nutrition controlled drink. Everyone gets the same, just chug it down under observation so no one throws it away.

220px-Soylent_green.jpg

Forum List

Back