Michelle was right!

The program is meant to supplement diets of children who don't eat enough.

How does it make sense to reduce the calories, and make it unpalatable?

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

I can see you're completely clueless re: the federal lunch program, and hunger in school kids.

I think that giving them food they won't eat, and limiting calories based on a six meal model when everybody KNOWS that a huge number of kids aren't eating AT ALL when they leave school is a good way to bring back rickets, scurvy, and beat those already low test scores down into the dirt.

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

Proof that the healthy lunches are going uneaten?

You are honestly arguing that feeding children heathy food is bad for them? Seriously?

I remember a saying that suits this child lunch situation.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I can see you're completely clueless re: the federal lunch program, and hunger in school kids.

A panel of generals says teens are too fat to serve, and I'm the clueless one, lol!

Ah, so you're one of the "who cares if they suffer, starve or die" ppl...we have too many fat kids...got it.

This is the despised minority among the nazis. I forget but thank goodness you always rush to re-assert yourselves.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=health&catid=57520233&feed_id=5&videofeed=41

Should this be a national concern ? Is it a series readiness/securit issue?

I suppose I don't have an issue with replacing public school junk food with healthy stuff but I'm beginning to see the slippery slope here.

First they came for our soda, then they came for my tater tots...

Simple solution.
The goal and point of the school system is to educate children.
Let them educate children, not make feeding them a subsidiary goal or objective.
Remove the feeding subsidy from the education system, problem solved.

Nope, first they convinced (foolish) people that a system designed for education was supposed to feed people.
Remove the cafeterias and vending machines and let people provide food for their own children. Anybody that qualifies for free or reduced school lunches already gets food-stamps. All the government did was create a method for those people to "double dip" the system.

Ah, black market calories at our schools.

""I know a lot of my friends who are just drinking a jug of milk for their lunch. And they are not getting a proper meal," middle school student Samantha Gortmaker told Keloland.com.

Despite the fact that the new regulations have increased the cost of a lunch 20 to 25 cents per plate, it’s not pleasing students.

Some are throwing away their vegetables while others are adapting to the rules by becoming industrious. In New Bedford, Massachusetts, students have created a black market - for chocolate syrup. The kiddie capitalists are smuggling in bottles of it and selling it by the squeeze, according to SouthCoastToday.com. "

Complaints Mount Against Michelle Obama

Then that's where the ball was dropped. You could still have it resolved now if you were willing to put in the time and $$ and aggravation.

How? How exactly could it be resolved any differently than it was when I was 18?

What, you want me to spend big bucks on a lawyer to sue for natural citizenship which should have been mine and my brother's to start with but wasn't because a couple of government officials decided to make it as difficult as possible for him to bring his wife home from Thailand? You think that somehow will make this a better country? That it will erase the injustice done to us?

A panel of generals says teens are too fat to serve, and I'm the clueless one, lol!

Ah, so you're one of the "who cares if they suffer, starve or die" ppl...we have too many fat kids...got it.

This is the despised minority among the nazis. I forget but thank goodness you always rush to re-assert yourselves.

Why are you incapable of debating a point? If you think heathy lunches are bad then you say so and you back up your claim with some links that support you. Instead you just spout your opinions like they are facts, and call anyone who disagrees with you, about anything, a nazi.

"The government is trying to impose a new diet that children are not accustomed to. It’s not reasonable to expect them to either eat what the government deems healthy or go hungry.

Many will opt to go hungry, and that’s the government’s fault."

The funny thing...remember when Michelle was trying to prevent children from bringing food to school?

This is just plain old Marxism at work. Take the kids from their parents, warehouse them, starve them, work them.

Complaints Mount Against Michelle Obama

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=health&catid=57520233&feed_id=5&videofeed=41

I suppose I don't have an issue with replacing public school junk food with healthy stuff but I'm beginning to see the slippery slope here.

Simple solution.
Let them educate children, not make feeding them a subsidiary goal or objective.

Nope, first they convinced (foolish) people that a system designed for education was supposed to feed people.
Remove the cafeterias and vending machines and let people provide food for their own children. Anybody that qualifies for free or reduced school lunches already gets food-stamps. All the government did was create a method for those people to "double dip" the system.

Not feed the children! Look out KG is about to call you a nazi.

Then that's where the ball was dropped. You could still have it resolved now if you were willing to put in the time and $$ and aggravation.

How? How exactly could it be resolved any differently than it was when I was 18?

What, you want me to spend big bucks on a lawyer to sue for natural citizenship which should have been mine and my brother's to start with but wasn't because a couple of government officials decided to make it as difficult as possible for him to bring his wife home from Thailand? You think that somehow will make this a better country? That it will erase the injustice done to us?

Why are you incapable of debating a point? If you think heathy lunches are bad then you say so and you back up your claim with some links that support you. Instead you just spout your opinions like they are facts, and call anyone who disagrees with you, about anything, a nazi.

No, I called you a nazi. YOu show a blatant and callous disregard for the children of the poor, to the point where you sneer and laugh about how fat they are.

No, I called you a nazi. YOu show a blatant and callous disregard for the children of the poor, to the point where you sneer and laugh about how fat they are.

How do you manage to type and breath at the same time? I'm baffeled.

Simple solution.

As I pointed out, they already qualify for food stamps, thus we (taxpayers) are already feeding them. The school system was created to educate children, not to feed them. WIC and foodstamps were created to feed them.

Simple solution.

As I pointed out, they already qualify for food stamps, thus we (taxpayers) are already feeding them. The school system was created to educate children, not to feed them. WIC and foodstamps were created to feed them.

thanks

that's the kind of deep thinking and insightful analysis i've come to expect from you.

asshat :lol:

Forum List

Back