Michelle was right!

Maybe they should have a Fat kids line for low calorie food, :lol:
and a Skinny kids line for high calorie foods.

I've known people who lived on coffee, cigarettes and booze, looked thin and died young.

Very healthy vegans are usually thin. Add cheese and eggs to their diet and suddenly they're fat - and their cardiac tests show it.

You can eat nothing but Pepsi and Cheetos and call your self a vegan.

Its usually not as simple as what you see in front of you.

If you have kids, you know, that very early, they will choose good food over shit. I've seen it over and over - Kids instinctively carrots over those disgusting cardboard strudel things

there is enough fertilizer in this one post to turn the sahara into a broccoli field

Please see my post in another thread ... Where I said I really like your posts.

You chose a fat drunk as your avatar and then added some lies to your sig.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Oh, and another post of mine said I strongly suspect that the rw's here are fat and out of shape.

I'll bet my diet and my physical condition against yours any day. And, I'm probably twice your age.

While you may poo-poo that today, when you're my age, you'll hate me because I'll still be going strong.

You, on the other hand, probably haven't even seen your dick since junior high.

I'm gonna let you off easy by not asking when the last time you could actually make love to your wife was.
this reply goes WAY too many directions. Almost seems like I got the best of you... and you have nothing left but to fire everything you got.

try decaf.

The federal free lunch program was built upon the concept that American children are not eating at home.

So if they aren't eating at home, what the HELL is the point of feeding them 600 calories of rubbish they don't like, and expecting them to get 4 more meals at home to round out their diet???????????

CaféAuLait;6057046 said:
i went and looked at the lunch menus and strangely, there's no mention of brussell sprouts in mayo.

i wonder why that is? :confused:

No mention of a brussel sprout salad or vegetable salad? Either way people are speaking about it, and it seems to have had an impact. News and radio.

no mention of a brussel sprout salad.

they have garden salads.

the horror

Of course the menus I found are not from the week in question ( the 15th) but I find more than just garden salads as you state:

Newburyport Ma school lunch menu:

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/M.S. Week of Sept.24-28.pdf

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/H.S. Week of Sept. 17-21.pdf

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/Elementary September 2012.pdf

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/H.S.Week of Sept 24-28.pdf

Chickpea Salad, Corn salad, Blackbean and Corn, Broccoli Salad w/ Raisins, Blackbean salad, Citrus Blackbean Salad ( among others) are listed as well.

So imagining a Brussel Sprout Salad is not out of the question, given those options.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;6057164 said:
CaféAuLait;6057046 said:
No mention of a brussel sprout salad or vegetable salad? Either way people are speaking about it, and it seems to have had an impact. News and radio.

no mention of a brussel sprout salad.

they have garden salads.

the horror

Of course the menus I found are not from the week in question ( the 15th) but I find more than just garden salads as you state:

Newburyport Ma school lunch menu:

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/M.S. Week of Sept.24-28.pdf

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/H.S. Week of Sept. 17-21.pdf

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/Elementary September 2012.pdf

http://chartwells.compass-usa.com/NEWBP/Menus/H.S.Week of Sept 24-28.pdf

Chickpea Salad, Corn salad, Blackbean and Corn, Broccoli Salad w/ Raisins, Blackbean salad. Citrus Blackbean Salad ( among others) are listed as well.

they also have chicken parm, mac and cheese, burgers, italian subs, philly cheese steaks, pasta and meatballs and buffalo chicken wraps.

but they don't have brussel sprouts in mayo.

wingnuts, they're not just for breakfast any more. :lmao:

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

Proof that the healthy lunches are going uneaten?

You are honestly arguing that feeding children heathy food is bad for them? Seriously?

These lunches are smaller, taste worse and are more expensive....love big government.....and yes kids hate it

Obama School Lunch Program: 'We Are Hungry' Parody Goes Viral, Students Protest Policy (VIDEO)

Advertisement

Mukwonago High School students protest school lunch changes

Plum students take to Twitter to protest lunch prices, choices - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Just a few articles

Teach the kids about nutrition, and let them eat what they want. Damn libs want to regulate every thing. Teach them about freedom; tell them if you want to become a bunch of fat asses you can in America. You can be whatever you want in the great USA.

Teach the kids about nutrition, and let them eat what they want. Damn libs want to regulate every thing. Teach them about freedom; tell them if you want to become a bunch of fat asses you can in America. You can be whatever you want in the great USA.

yep all these central planners are pro choice.....bwahahahaaha

CaféAuLait;6056655 said:
CaféAuLait;6056572 said:
( emphasis added)

Here you go:

Students strike against new federal school lunch rules

Students strike against new federal school lunch rules

Serving 8 chips and calling it a 'Super Nacho Plate" is ridiclous. ( see article)

If there are issues, they must be fixed elsewhere, starting at home. Serving a lunch which can't sustain many won't fix a thing.

1st, I have no sympathy for kids who don't eat their lunch. Clearly if they aren't eating it, they aren't starving.

However, I would be perfectly fine with the state allocating funds to each school district and the people in that district voting on the type of lunch they want to serve their children, or if they want to just pack their own lunches and use those funds in other areas.

You asked for "proof the lunches are going uneaten" and I gave it to you. They are bringing lunch from home, so of course they are not starving. They are boycotting the new lunches.

They were boycotting the old lunches too. My kids complain all the time about the bad food, and they complain when it's pizza too, because it plain sucks. The funny thing is I remember having decent lunches at school growing up in the 70's. By the time I hit high school, I was eating three of them. Of course I was a pig; I was consuming over 6000 calories every day. I ran cross country and the mile in track, and I only weighed about 120 lbs, so no, I wasn't fat.

You teach kids by giving them guidelines and rules to follow. You don't ask children what they want to do. They aren't adults and they are not capable of making good decisions on their own. That is why teachers and parents need to guide them. Unfortunately, the parent side of it is a massive failure for a lot of kids.

No, they aren't all fat. The kids who are eating it says it's unpalatable, and the little kids are refusing to eat it and so are still hungry.

You are honestly arguing that feeding children heathy food is bad for them? Seriously?

These lunches are smaller, taste worse and are more expensive....love big government.....and yes kids hate it

Obama School Lunch Program: 'We Are Hungry' Parody Goes Viral, Students Protest Policy (VIDEO)

Advertisement

Plum students take to Twitter to protest lunch prices, choices - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Just a few articles

Again, as much I think we need to make sure kids are eating healthy foods, I'm not as concerned with the quantity as I am with the quality. On top of that, our biggest problem is that these kids don't get enough exercise. If they did, they would burn off all those calories and it wouldn't be a problem. I was in sports in high school, and I ate like a pig, consuming over 6000 calories per day. I weighed 120 lbs. I would eat a small breakfast in the morning, then I ate three school lunches per day at school. After practice, I would eat a good home cooked meal where I had seconds and many times third helpings of everything. Then around ten, I would head up to Wendy's and have Double, Fries, and a Frosty before heading home and going to bed.

The problem today is that kids eat as much as I ate, but instead of running 30 to 40 miles per week, or being involved in any sport where they would burn plenty of calories, a lot of them are at home sitting in front of the television playing video games.

CaféAuLait;6056655 said:
1st, I have no sympathy for kids who don't eat their lunch. Clearly if they aren't eating it, they aren't starving.

However, I would be perfectly fine with the state allocating funds to each school district and the people in that district voting on the type of lunch they want to serve their children, or if they want to just pack their own lunches and use those funds in other areas.

You asked for "proof the lunches are going uneaten" and I gave it to you. They are bringing lunch from home, so of course they are not starving. They are boycotting the new lunches.

They were boycotting the old lunches too. My kids complain all the time about the bad food, and they complain when it's pizza too, because it plain sucks. The funny thing is I remember having decent lunches at school growing up in the 70's. By the time I hit high school, I was eating three of them. Of course I was a pig; I was consuming over 6000 calories every day. I ran cross country and the mile in track, and I only weighed about 120 lbs, so no, I wasn't fat.

I never ate in a cafeteria until I was a sophomore in high school...my first school cafeteria was Los Alamos, NM. I loved it, but it was fairly nasty. I'd always had home cooked food and taken pb sandwiches for my lunch, so the soy pizzas and burgers and flappy grilled cheese sandwiches were tres cool. Then I moved to a tiny rural school and THERE we ate like kings. We had homemade stews, and rolls, and yummy desserts (and seconds and thirds) and venison and chili and haystacks, and spaghetti (with meat) and chinese hash...all excellent stuff. We always had salad as well. I don't remember ever having a meal that everybody didn't love.

But that was a tiny school, and we got road kill, and the cooks were wonderful...

I don't think limiting school meal calories when the feds tell us that 30 percent or more of the student body is hungry makes any sense. And no, beans for little kids is not going to be a hit, and while we can say that "if they're hungry, they'll eat it" the truth is, unless they are truly starving, they may not, and so they will stay hungry while they're at school...which is exactly what the free lunch program is SUPPOSED to prevent.

I send my kids to school with apples almost every day...for snack recess, or later, or if they don't like breakfast, whatever. My daughter tells me she likes the lunches at school BECAUSE of the salad bar; she said she has salad every single day at lunch, and I really do appreciate it because often the evening meal we have is very, very simple and doesn't include a vegetable. The boy rarely eats veggies, he likes raw carrots and spinach, but outside of that, he's unenthusiastic, so I push fruit on him as often as I can.

Advertisement

Just a few articles

Again, as much I think we need to make sure kids are eating healthy foods, I'm not as concerned with the quantity as I am with the quality. On top of that, our biggest problem is that these kids don't get enough exercise. If they did, they would burn off all those calories and it wouldn't be a problem. I was in sports in high school, and I ate like a pig, consuming over 6000 calories per day. I weighed 120 lbs. I would eat a small breakfast in the morning, then I ate three school lunches per day at school. After practice, I would eat a good home cooked meal where I had seconds and many times third helpings of everything. Then around ten, I would head up to Wendy's and have Double, Fries, and a Frosty before heading home and going to bed.

The problem today is that kids eat as much as I ate, but instead of running 30 to 40 miles per week, or being involved in any sport where they would burn plenty of calories, a lot of them are at home sitting in front of the television playing video games.

Almost all the kids my children attend school with are VERY active...they are currently playing soccer, volleyball, football, and participating in cheering (they call it pep squad but it's cheering with acrobatics and flyers and the whole shebang).

I'm not sure what schools these are where the kids don't have any physical activity....and I'm curious about when we cured the student/child hunger problem that the left has been screeching about for YEARS. It appears to have completely been replaced by rampant obesity and a reversal so now the majority of American children actually are getting TOO MUCH to eat and it has become the job of the schools to diet the shit out of them while they are at school.

In which case one wonders why we have the lunch program at all?

Shame on the First Lady for passing these food laws. Oh wait, she didn't...

Oh look ... Lakhota has posted one of the pesky little facts the rw's hate so much.

Not to worry, they'll ignore it and keep right on lying about our First Lady.

If MitWit is elected, Queen Ann won't do anything at all so that will make the rw's happy.

Forum List

Back