Michelle Obama Lunch Rules Ban Fried Foods, Frosted Flakes in Daycare

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
I don't why we the people are paying for a bunch of people who are Suppose to Represent US in Congress. these Agencies just make up their own rules to stick on us.

snip:
Final regulation only allows daycare centers to serve juice once a day

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
April 25, 2016 1:50 pm

New rules stemming from the school lunch law championed by first lady Michelle Obama are banning popular children’s cereals like Frosted Flakes in daycare centers.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service issued a final rule Monday that will affect more than 3 million kids in daycare centers across the country. The regulation will only allow daycare centers to serve juice once a day, will ban fried foods, and encourages centers to not add honey to a child’s yogurt.

The regulation is a result of the 2010 law aimed at school lunches, a top priority of Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative. The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

“This final rule updates the meal pattern requirements for the Child and Adult Care Food Program to better align them with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” the final rule states. “This rule requires centers and day care homes participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve more whole grains and a greater variety of vegetables and fruit, and reduces the amount of added sugars and solid fats in meals.”

The law required the USDA to “promote health and wellness in child care settings via guidance and technical assistance that focuses on nutrition, physical activity, and limiting electronic media use,” according to the regulation.

all of the wonderful here:

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!

more good news about: THE GOVERNMENT

SNIP:
Study: Cost of U.S. Regulations Larger Than Germany’s Economy
Regs have cost economy $4 trillion, $13,000 per person

April 26, 2016 12:50 pm

The cost of U.S. regulations is now larger than Germany’s economy, amounting to a $4 trillion loss to the American economy, according to a new study by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

The study, released Tuesday, found that regulations over the past several decades amount to a loss of $13,000 for each American worker.

“The impact of regulation on economic growth has been widely studied, but most research has focused on a narrow set of regulations, industries, or both,” according to the report. “These studies typically rely on regulatory indexes that measure subsets of all regulation, on country-to-country comparisons, on short time spans, or on surveys in which experts report how regulated they believe their country or industry is.

“In order to better understand the cumulative cost of regulation, a comprehensive look at all regulations across many industries over a long period of time is imperative.”

Researchers at Mercatus studied data from 22 industries from 1977 to 2012, finding regulations have distorted “investments choices that lead to innovation” and have “created a considerable drag on the economy.” The result: an average shrinking of the economy by 0.8 percent a year.

“If regulations had been held constant at levels observed in 1980, the American economy would have been 25 percent larger than it was in 2012,” the report said. “This amounts to a $4 trillion loss in 2012 for the American economy or $13,000 loss per person, a significant amount of money for most American workers.”

The cost of federal regulations amounts to the fourth-largest GDP in the world, surpassing the economies of Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and India.

all of it here:

more good news about: the Government

snip:
Regs have cost economy $4 trillion, $13,000 per person

April 26, 2016 12:50 pm

The cost of U.S. regulations is now larger than Germany’s economy, amounting to a $4 trillion loss to the American economy, according to a new study by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

The study, released Tuesday, found that regulations over the past several decades amount to a loss of $13,000 for each American worker.

“The impact of regulation on economic growth has been widely studied, but most research has focused on a narrow set of regulations, industries, or both,” according to the report. “These studies typically rely on regulatory indexes that measure subsets of all regulation, on country-to-country comparisons, on short time spans, or on surveys in which experts report how regulated they believe their country or industry is.

“In order to better understand the cumulative cost of regulation, a comprehensive look at all regulations across many industries over a long period of time is imperative.”

Researchers at Mercatus studied data from 22 industries from 1977 to 2012, finding regulations have distorted “investments choices that lead to innovation” and have “created a considerable drag on the economy.” The result: an average shrinking of the economy by 0.8 percent a year.

“If regulations had been held constant at levels observed in 1980, the American economy would have been 25 percent larger than it was in 2012,” the report said. “This amounts to a $4 trillion loss in 2012 for the American economy or $13,000 loss per person, a significant amount of money for most American workers.”

The cost of federal regulations amounts to the fourth-largest GDP in the world, surpassing the economies of Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and India.

all of the article here:

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
If parents don't like what THEIR child is being fed, all they have to do is go to another facility. No need for regulation. I assure you, most people really can wipe their own ass.

I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

Good genes. Not everyone's as lucky.

Why does Stephanie want kids to eat bad food? Worried about the competition?

I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

No we were outside all day every day not held prisoners in our own homes by fearful helicopter parents

None of us are obese.

That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.

The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

Thats a good hope to shoot for. Once again, OP hasnt said what is wrong with less fat fuckers but I'm sure that reason will be coming any day now

Eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast doesn't make anyone fat
'We know thats why this isnt a bill against Frosted Flakes only and exclusively

None of us are obese.

No we were outside all day every day not held prisoners in our own homes by fearful helicopter parents

Good point. You hardly ever see kids playing outside anymore. :(

None of us are obese.

That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.

I just get a kick out of those who feel as if every syllable coming from the WH is an attack on them personally...but we by God have to look down people's pants to decide which restroom they're allowed to use. :rolleyes:

The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

Thats a good hope to shoot for. Once again, OP hasnt said what is wrong with less fat fuckers but I'm sure that reason will be coming any day now

Eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast doesn't make anyone fat
'We know thats why this isnt a bill against Frosted Flakes only and exclusively

It's ridiculous anyway

It's just another symptom of the I will tell you what to do because I' know what's best disease

If parents don't like what THEIR child is being fed, all they have to do is go to another facility. No need for regulation. I assure you, most people really can wipe their own ass.
It's never that easy and you know it. Sometimes there is limited access to daycare. Sometimes daycare does not coordinate with work schedules.

Would you simply eliminate daycare as an option, or would you be satisfied with whatever menu is offered up to kids?

It's never that easy and you know it. Sometimes there is limited access to daycare. Sometimes daycare does not coordinate with work schedules.

Would you simply eliminate daycare as an option, or would you be satisfied with whatever menu is offered up to kids?

Give them all PB and J for lunch every day
they;ll be just fine

Fat ass Michelle Obama is NOT a nutrition expert and has no business telling anyone what to feed their kids.

I'm truly amazed at the ability of RWNJ's to find insignificant little stories like this one and blow them up into massive drama. Countless times a day.

It'a as amazing as the need for wacko progressives to tell everyone else what to do

Forum List

Back