Michelle Obama Lunch Rules Ban Fried Foods, Frosted Flakes in Daycare

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

Good genes. Not everyone's as lucky.

Why does Stephanie want kids to eat bad food? Worried about the competition?

No we were outside all day every day not held prisoners in our own homes by fearful helicopter parents

Good point. You hardly ever see kids playing outside anymore. :(

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.

I just get a kick out of those who feel as if every syllable coming from the WH is an attack on them personally...but we by God have to look down people's pants to decide which restroom they're allowed to use. :rolleyes:
People usually aren't happy with unnecessary regulations. Well, except for statists and weaklings.

The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

Thats a good hope to shoot for. Once again, OP hasnt said what is wrong with less fat fuckers but I'm sure that reason will be coming any day now

Eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast doesn't make anyone fat
'We know thats why this isnt a bill against Frosted Flakes only and exclusively

It's ridiculous anyway

It's just another symptom of the I will tell you what to do because I' know what's best disease

You mean health professionals know more about health that trash men? Well yeah. I'll leave it up to you to make the argument of why fried food is the better option.

But I get a feeling you cant make that argument. So why defend something you cant say?

How does "the Government" program the little children? they start with Food.

all heil the Government

I don't why we the people are paying for a bunch of people who are Suppose to Represent US in Congress. these Agencies just make up their own rules to stick on us.

snip:
Final regulation only allows daycare centers to serve juice once a day

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
April 25, 2016 1:50 pm

New rules stemming from the school lunch law championed by first lady Michelle Obama are banning popular children’s cereals like Frosted Flakes in daycare centers.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service issued a final rule Monday that will affect more than 3 million kids in daycare centers across the country. The regulation will only allow daycare centers to serve juice once a day, will ban fried foods, and encourages centers to not add honey to a child’s yogurt.

The regulation is a result of the 2010 law aimed at school lunches, a top priority of Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative. The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

“This final rule updates the meal pattern requirements for the Child and Adult Care Food Program to better align them with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” the final rule states. “This rule requires centers and day care homes participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve more whole grains and a greater variety of vegetables and fruit, and reduces the amount of added sugars and solid fats in meals.”

The law required the USDA to “promote health and wellness in child care settings via guidance and technical assistance that focuses on nutrition, physical activity, and limiting electronic media use,” according to the regulation.

all of the wonderful here:

she's right, crazy steffie.

but don't worry, if you want to shove sugar and fat into your face you still can.

I grew up eating Frosted Flakes and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

Yup. Consumed prodigious amounts of candy, cookies, and Coke, and stayed trim and tough.

Of course, I didn't sit in front of the tube all day. I got out of the house as soon as chores were done, and didn't come back till dinner. Burned it all off.

The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

Thats a good hope to shoot for. Once again, OP hasnt said what is wrong with less fat fuckers but I'm sure that reason will be coming any day now

It's ridiculous anyway

It's just another symptom of the I will tell you what to do because I' know what's best disease

You mean health professionals know more about health that trash men? Well yeah. I'll leave it up to you to make the argument of why fried food is the better option.

But I get a feeling you cant make that argument. So why defend something you cant say?
Where did I say it was a better option? It's no ones business what people eat

But then again eating some fried food once in a while will not make you obese either

None of us are obese.

That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.

stop whining. we're talking about what kids get in daycare.

or should daycare workers shove sugar water into your kids all day?

that's just silly.

Mooch looks like she should be laying off the unhealthy foods. It's difficult to take her serious when she looks as unhealthy as she does

If parents don't like what THEIR child is being fed, all they have to do is go to another facility. No need for regulation. I assure you, most people really can wipe their own ass.
It's never that easy and you know it. Sometimes there is limited access to daycare. Sometimes daycare does not coordinate with work schedules.

Would you simply eliminate daycare as an option, or would you be satisfied with whatever menu is offered up to kids?

Give them all PB and J for lunch every day
they;ll be just fine
Except for the kids suffering from peanut allergies.

You sound suspiciously like Sheriff Joe Arpio feeding all prisoners bologna.

None of us are obese.

that's just silly.

If the parents don't care neither should you
If the parents care then they can take it u with the daycare

If parents don't like what THEIR child is being fed, all they have to do is go to another facility. No need for regulation. I assure you, most people really can wipe their own ass.
It's never that easy and you know it. Sometimes there is limited access to daycare. Sometimes daycare does not coordinate with work schedules.

Would you simply eliminate daycare as an option, or would you be satisfied with whatever menu is offered up to kids?

Give them all PB and J for lunch every day
they;ll be just fine
Except for the kids suffering from peanut allergies.

You sound suspiciously like Sheriff Joe Arpio feeding all prisoners bologna.

An extreme minority of kids

Little fatties were rare when I was a kid. Very rare. Maybe one fat kid per class.

Go to a mall now. They're everywhere. And most of them are Latino or black.

Mere observation.

None of us are obese.

that's just silly.
You don't understand because you are a statist.
If people don't like what their kids are ingesting, go to another day care. Needless regulation is needless.

It's ridiculous anyway

Where did I say it was a better option? It's no ones business what people eat

But then again eating some fried food once in a while will not make you obese either

So your answer is to do nothing and if anyone does anything you object. Seems like a good plan!

Forum List

Back