Michelle Obama does her part to help unemployment

So WE must sacrifice???

While these jerks spend and spend?

No...YOU must sacrifice. I suggest you just pay more then you owe when you fill out your taxes. Leave mine alone.

Btw.....how much is our value with a shrinking dollar?

You're missing the big picture.

Yes America....it is you who must sacrifice

Can you live with a Military of smaller scope?
Can you wait longer to retire?
Pay more for your kids college?
Pay a bigger slice of your medical bills?

Hello?

That is exactly what I am willing to do...and to be frank...what I already do. I am a 95%er.......I get no entitlements whatsoever....and if eliminating the debt means my healthcare goes up, so be it...

I am not the one creating the debt. It is the people who wish to have their entitlements that is creating the debt.

As for the military? Lets be rational here....with our way of life that is envied by so many...and our large piece of land...and our multiple borders....and our pacts and treaties....we need a large military.

I agree with you Jarhead. But cutting the deficit is not something you handle with a catchy bumper sticker

It will take sacrifice of things we have been used to getting...

"Cutting government waste and eliminating earmarks" is not the answer

Hello?

That is exactly what I am willing to do...and to be frank...what I already do. I am a 95%er.......I get no entitlements whatsoever....and if eliminating the debt means my healthcare goes up, so be it...

I am not the one creating the debt. It is the people who wish to have their entitlements that is creating the debt.

As for the military? Lets be rational here....with our way of life that is envied by so many...and our large piece of land...and our multiple borders....and our pacts and treaties....we need a large military.

I agree with you Jarhead. But cutting the deficit is not something you handle with a catchy bumper sticker

it is a beginning....

How can government say to the people "we must tighten our belts and eliminate some entitlement programs" while they have the Speakr flying private jets, congresspeople complaining that it was their "staffers" that erred, IRS junkets to the Bahamas...and I can go on and on.

Anyhow, it is a Constitutional function of the Federal government to provide the common defense. It is not a function of the Federal government to provide food, clothing, shelter, jobs, healthcare, computers, internet service, transportation, or an education for anybody.

The US has taken the idea of "Common Defense" way out of context. Do you think the founding fathers would have supported half of the crap wars we have wasted trillions of dollars on over the years?

Anyhow, it is a Constitutional function of the Federal government to provide the common defense. It is not a function of the Federal government to provide food, clothing, shelter, jobs, healthcare, computers, internet service, transportation, or an education for anybody.

The US has taken the idea of "Common Defense" way out of context. Do you think the founding fathers would have supported half of the crap wars we have wasted trillions of dollars on over the years?

Only if they felt they were within the boundaries of providing the common defense and necessary in order to provide it. I think they would disapprove of a whole lot of stuff the federal government now does though and that would include using the people's money for any form of charity or benefit to others here or abroad.

My point is that the reason the US has so much debt is because we are lazy and do not want to tell our people they will have to sacrifice. It is easier to get elected when you borrow money than when you cut programs or raise taxes

Any talk of the US being "broke" is laughable. If you only look at debt without considering assets and earning power you are missing the big picture

So WE must sacrifice???

While these jerks spend and spend?

No...YOU must sacrifice. I suggest you just pay more then you owe when you fill out your taxes. Leave mine alone.

Btw.....how much is our value with a shrinking dollar?

You're missing the big picture.

Oh.....so Obamacare is a lie? We have to pay more not less.
We can do with a smaller military once the wars are over.
We can retire later.
Our kids don't all have to go to college. But since there aren't any jobs for them once they graduate they need to wait anyway.

I suggest we stop giving billions away to other countries, stop paying our enemies, stop supporting the UN, stop many of the things that are nice and make us feel better about ourselves and just stick to the essentials.

Last edited:
Hello?

it is a beginning....

How can government say to the people "we must tighten our belts and eliminate some entitlement programs" while they have the Speakr flying private jets, congresspeople complaining that it was their "staffers" that erred, IRS junkets to the Bahamas...and I can go on and on.

Not to mention the President's debt-reduction commission in Vegas in the Ritz Carlton.

She does have 'responsibilities'. Her role is to support her husband, our POTUS. While I didn't vote for Obama and have no particular fondness for Michelle (in fact, what I do know of her, I do not like) but.... she has a responsibility, and she is fulfilling her duties. I see no reason why she should not have the same staff requirements as previous First Ladies.

As First Lady, she has responsibilities to represent the US both at home and abroad. To do this, she needs a certain number of staff to manage her office, reply to requests, schedule appearances, write speeches...

What is troubling is the attempt by the rightwing misinformation patrol to label these functions as "attendants" as if they were personal servants

She's the first First Lady that needed a Make Up Artist.

This Administration is Historic in every respect.

She's the first First Lady in a world of cameras on cell phones and hi-def tv. So? Welcome to the 21st century.

As First Lady, she has responsibilities to represent the US both at home and abroad. To do this, she needs a certain number of staff to manage her office, reply to requests, schedule appearances, write speeches...

What is troubling is the attempt by the rightwing misinformation patrol to label these functions as "attendants" as if they were personal servants

She's the first First Lady in a world of cameras on cell phones and hi-def tv. So? Welcome to the 21st century.

Actually she's not.

That's my point.

They've been taking pictures of First Ladies for decades.

This First Lady needs to put it on with a trowel to look presentable and still isn't working.

Actually she's not.

That's my point.

This First Lady needs to put it on with a trowel to look presentable and still isn't working.

For how many decades have we had cell phones with video? Or hi-def tv?

I think you're allowing your dislike of her politics to cloud your judgement.

Actually she's not.

That's my point.

Nope...I have a problem with her spending. Her politics is part of the reason but not the main reason. I wouldn't say a thing if she didn't tell us all the time how to live...how to eat....tell us we need to cut back.

Actually she's not.

That's my point.

Nope...I have a problem with her spending. Her politics is part of the reason but not the main reason. I wouldn't say a thing if she didn't tell us all the time how to live...how to eat....tell us we need to cut back.

What is the difference between Laura Bush encouraging people to read more; Nancy Reagan telling kids to stay off of drugs, and Michelle Obama telling me how to eat well and more economically?

Hello?

it is a beginning....

Whos the Speaker thats flying private jets?

Actually she's not.

That's my point.

She is our First Lady. She is not doing anything more than other First Ladies have done. And, while I agree about her politics, I really can't see the number of people employed to assist her as an issue.

She is our First Lady. She is not doing anything more than other First Ladies have done. And, while I agree about her politics, I really can't see the number of people employed to assist her as an issue.

I have seen plenty of evidence that shows that both she and her husband have increased the WH budget considerably. I'm not gonna go on a search just because you don't believe me. However, I think these days it's not good enough to say that they aren't doing anything different then the previous occupants. They came into their position during a time that setting an example is important...when everyone is having to cut back. During tough economic times. Their actions don't reflect it at all. Instead all they've done is shop and party. Sean Hannity said as much a couple of days ago. He has spies that say Obama has become extremely detached from the job. All he wants to do now is sports and celebrations.

Last edited:

What is the difference between Laura Bush encouraging people to read more; Nancy Reagan telling kids to stay off of drugs, and Michelle Obama telling me how to eat well and more economically?

Michelle and her husband aren't just telling us what to eat...but how much we can make.

Explain how that is any of their business.

snopes.com: First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

And.... while First Lady is an unelected role, they certainly do have a 'job' to do. I see no issue with it.
Thanks for adding some sane perspective to this petty crap.

I may not particularly care for what she says sometimes all that much, I do respect her and want her to be a good rep of the USA.
This is not petty. It is a disgusting display of arrogance and a heightened sense of self importance.

If it's a "problem," it's not a Michelle Obama problem. It's an Executive Branch precedent problem.

You are correct.

But you should question why Michelle Obama and her husband did not do anything to change it.
Afterall, it was HE who said "no more of the Washington of the past" and was was SHE who said "we are just like everyday people"...

Do they truly not see how the executive branch is broken? Does she truly not see that she does not need a staff so large?

Or is she falling back the old "well, if it were good for Laura, then what is wrong with it being good for me"

Was that the Image the Obamas gave out about themselves while campaigning? Didnt you vote for him based on his promise to not be like every other president?

Why are you trying to diminish the responsibilities of First Lady?

Is it only because Michelle Obama holds the job?
Job?...What job? Being married to the Chief Executive is a Job?
Please. $6 million per year plus benefits is way over the top.

I have seen plenty of evidence that shows that both she and her husband have increased the WH budget considerably. I'm not gonna go on a search just because you don't believe me. However, I think these days it's not good enough to say that they aren't doing anything different then the previous occupants. They came into their position during a time that setting an example is important...when everyone is having to cut back. During tough economic times. Their actions don't reflect it at all. Instead all they've done is shop and party. Sean Hannity said as much a couple of days ago. He has spies that say Obama has become extremely detached from the job. All he wants to do now is sports and celebrations.
:lol::lol::lol: Hannity??? The jerk who just throws out statements without ever any FACTS to back them up? You really can't be serious. You know, if hannity had any sense he would praise the Democrats occasionally, or at least fault some of the republicans. But not him--he will spin anything to make sure that murdoch's party comes out on top, regardless of the fairy tales he is spinning. He never provides concrete facts to back up his bullshit.

Forum List

Back