Michelle Obama does her part to help unemployment

Nope...I have a problem with her spending. Her politics is part of the reason but not the main reason. I wouldn't say a thing if she didn't tell us all the time how to live...how to eat....tell us we need to cut back.

What is the difference between Laura Bush encouraging people to read more; Nancy Reagan telling kids to stay off of drugs, and Michelle Obama telling me how to eat well and more economically?

Michelle and her husband aren't just telling us what to eat...but how much we can make.

Explain how that is any of their business.

They tell you how much you can make?? Get real.

Ok, with all seriousness, in the grand scheme of things it is a drop in the bucket. But.. BUT... really? It takes that many people to make her tick?

I dunno, I doubt she invented this, but it seems excessive.
Drop in the bucket..
Let me give an analogy here.
There is a hypothetical one mile stretch of roadway. A police officer sees a driver toss a piece of paper onto the road. He stops said motorist.
Police officer says he will be right back and returns with citation for littering.
Driver protests. "It just one little piece of paper and it's a $100 fine?"...."Outrageous!" ,he screams..
Police officer wryly says..."There are about 100,000 vehicles using this road every day. Suppose each driver of each vehicle decided to throw 'just one little piece of paper' onto the road. the end result is a big mess to clean up."..
There's your drop in the bucket.
The average politician looks at the mney he sends back to his district or State. "Why are you picking on my project?", he says. "It's just .05% of the entire budget?"...
Suppose we have 535 Senators and House members spending their "drop in the bucket"?
The end result is huge amounts of government waste.
THIS is why politicians MUST learn restraint and adhere to fiscally responsible policies.

She is our First Lady. She is not doing anything more than other First Ladies have done. And, while I agree about her politics, I really can't see the number of people employed to assist her as an issue.

I have seen plenty of evidence that shows that both she and her husband have increased the WH budget considerably. I'm not gonna go on a search just because you don't believe me. However, I think these days it's not good enough to say that they aren't doing anything different then the previous occupants. They came into their position during a time that setting an example is important...when everyone is having to cut back. During tough economic times. Their actions don't reflect it at all. Instead all they've done is shop and party. Sean Hannity said as much a couple of days ago. He has spies that say Obama has become extremely detached from the job. All he wants to do now is sports and celebrations.
:lol::lol::lol: Hannity??? The jerk who just throws out statements without ever any FACTS to back them up? You really can't be serious. You know, if hannity had any sense he would praise the Democrats occasionally, or at least fault some of the republicans. But not him--he will spin anything to make sure that murdoch's party comes out on top, regardless of the fairy tales he is spinning. He never provides concrete facts to back up his bullshit.

Some of them he does. He's fair. Do you ever hear the Dems praise him or any Republican?

He does provide concrete facts. So does Glenn Beck. Not that you would pay attention to any of it.

I'm not here to defend Sean Hannity. I've often heard him talk to Democrats with respect and friendship. I don't often hear it from the left. You'd just have to listen to his show on a regular basis to know this...instead of hearing about it through third parties.

Last edited:
Ok, with all seriousness, in the grand scheme of things it is a drop in the bucket. But.. BUT... really? It takes that many people to make her tick?

I dunno, I doubt she invented this, but it seems excessive.
Drop in the bucket..
Let me give an analogy here.
There is a hypothetical one mile stretch of roadway. A police officer sees a driver toss a piece of paper onto the road. He stops said motorist.
Police officer says he will be right back and returns with citation for littering.
Driver protests. "It just one little piece of paper and it's a $100 fine?"...."Outrageous!" ,he screams..
Police officer wryly says..."There are about 100,000 vehicles using this road every day. Suppose each driver of each vehicle decided to throw 'just one little piece of paper' onto the road. the end result is a big mess to clean up."..
There's your drop in the bucket.
The average politician looks at the mney he sends back to his district or State. "Why are you picking on my project?", he says. "It's just .05% of the entire budget?"...
Suppose we have 535 Senators and House members spending their "drop in the bucket"?
The end result is huge amounts of government waste.
THIS is why politicians MUST learn restraint and adhere to fiscally responsible policies.
The first lady is an unpaid position which is really about 24 hours a day. There hasn't been any (and I remember back to Eisenhower) who hasn't been criticized for one thing or another. If they get too involved, they're wrong; if they don't want to get involved (Jackie Kennedy comes to mind, and she had a staff of 40) they're wrong. This is a woman who goes out just about every day to area schools and other functions, travels with her husband (like most of the others) and really seems to take the position seriously.

There were a couple of first ladies who took to drinking and chain-smoking--and frankly I can't blame them. It must be hard to be trying to do something worthwhile and constantly get slammed every time.

What is the difference between Laura Bush encouraging people to read more; Nancy Reagan telling kids to stay off of drugs, and Michelle Obama telling me how to eat well and more economically?

Michelle and her husband aren't just telling us what to eat...but how much we can make.

I wish they would. Want a quote from Obama saying that there comes a time when you've made enough money?

Democrats are putting a ceiling on any CEO's salary of half a million if their company took TARP funds.

Michelle tells college students they shouldn't strive to be rich but instead take jobs that will help the community instead insuring that they never get wealthy.

They say profits are evil.

Must I say more?

And when we sell that land?
Sure, now we have no more debt.....but we dont even own the land that we call home.
So you see that as a good thing?

Did you say sell?

How much is the Statue of Liberty worth? How much for the Grand Canyon?

So you are actually displaying a flaw in your theory.
They are not sellable...so they have no value...regardless of the value of the materials used to make the SoL or the value of the Grand Canyon as real estate.
So to apply oit as an asset against the debt is rediculous....

We are not talking about selling our crown jewels....but they have great value

We have millions of acres we don't use. Mineral rights, oil rights, timber, farming, grazing

The assets of the US are ten times our existing debts

Michelle tells college students they shouldn't strive to be rich but instead take jobs that will help the community instead insuring that they never get wealthy.

My god!

Telling students they should help others instead of chasing the almighty dollar

How despicable!

Did you say sell?

They are not sellable...so they have no value...regardless of the value of the materials used to make the SoL or the value of the Grand Canyon as real estate.

We have millions of acres we don't use. Mineral rights, oil rights, timber, farming, grazing

And you want to sell em to China.

My god!

How despicable!

It's not telling them not to help....you should encourage them to become a success like you are. This is reality here...not some dream world.

I think the best way to help people is by getting in the position to be able to help through generosity rather then scraping for nickles and dimes. You can't feed your family with warm fuzzy feelings but you can feed several families if you've got enough bread to take care of your's and their's if you're so inclined.

If everyone is poor then everyone needs help.

Last edited:

I wish they would. Want a quote from Obama saying that there comes a time when you've made enough money?

Democrats are putting a ceiling on any CEO's salary of half a million if their company took TARP funds.

Must I say more?

Oh jeez, you must listen to hannity too. Yes, they didn't think the financial corporations should pay huge bonuses to their employees while they hadn't paid back the TAXPAYERS money. What is wrong with that? Some of them got so upset with that suggestion that they returned the TARP money--which is fine.

Apparently you and the whiny hannity think that they should be able to do whatever they want and spend whatever they want whether or not they paid the money back. Perhaps you might understand this on a lesser scale--did you ever loan money to a relative who didn't pay it back but in the meantime was sporting new carpeting and a new car? Same difference.

And as far as community service, yes many people do make a living at that. I suppose you feel it is wrong to suggest people go into social work, police work, fire prevention, teaching or any of the other "low-paying" careers.

My god!

How despicable!

I think the best way to help people is by getting in the position to be able to help through generosity rather then scraping for nickles and dimes. You can't feed your family with warm fuzzy feelings but you can feed several families if you've got enough bread to take care of your's and their's if you're so inclined.

What a sick view of the world...everyone out for the money

Lets just have a nation of lawyers

Must I say more?

Oh jeez, you must listen to hannity too. Yes, they didn't think the financial corporations should pay huge bonuses to their employees while they hadn't paid back the TAXPAYERS money. What is wrong with that? Some of them got so upset with that suggestion that they returned the TARP money--which is fine.

Apparently you and the whiny hannity think that they should be able to do whatever they want and spend whatever they want whether or not they paid the money back. Perhaps you might understand this on a lesser scale--did you ever loan money to a relative who didn't pay it back but in the meantime was sporting new carpeting and a new car? Same difference.

And as far as community service, yes many people do make a living at that. I suppose you feel it is wrong to suggest people go into social work, police work, fire prevention, teaching or any of the other "low-paying" careers.

Hate to tell you this but this isn't China...it's a free country. If you want to live in that kind of country why not move.

Yes Obama was in community service and he was broke. Barely could get the money together for a plane ticket to the 2000 convention.

It would help if these people practiced what they preach but they don't.

Michelle makes $900k at for a job she never has to show up for at a university. It helps to be married to a Senator. She's not skimping now. Buying $500 tennis shoes.

They're millionaires and they want to tell everyone not to do what they did to become successful. It just doesn't fly.

Last edited:
My god!

How despicable!

The White House is full of them you dip-shit.

The President is one.....or didn't you know that.

Sorry muddy

Just don't want to live in your world where nobody cares about anyone else.
Sad commentary on your political point of view

First Lady Michelle Obama's Servant List and Pay Scale
First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
16.. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special=2 0Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jack son, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(This is community organizing at it's finest.)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whosesole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help,at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jack ie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe ..

FRIENDS.....THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE????? AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL....MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT'S OK TO SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????

This is about a year or more old...

and it's been debunked...

Laura spent almost the same on her staff.

idiota.

Did you say sell?

Excellent observation. Now all that needs to be done is to tell the enviro-wacko lobby to go piss up the tree they are hugging.

First Lady Michelle Obama's Servant List and Pay Scale
First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
16.. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special=2 0Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jack son, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(This is community organizing at it's finest.)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whosesole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help,at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jack ie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe ..

FRIENDS.....THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE????? AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL....MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT'S OK TO SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????

This is about a year or more old...

and it's been debunked...

Laura spent almost the same on her staff.

idiota.

Idiot huh?.....Hmm. Let's have a look..
Michelle Obama’s paid staff vs Laura Bush’s paid staff – UPDATE – PNN Snow Report Blog
This is the entire WH Staff....Obama White House Staff Salaries Revealed | TPMDC....
One can extrapolate the first lady's staff by name.
Then we have what will debunk your dismissal of the claim that the First lady's staff is 24 people. Mrs. Obama's own spokesperson stated that the number is "24, not 22".
Michelle Obama’s Staff | FactCheck.org

Sorry muddy

Yes ..resiting the government's demand for more of our hard earned coin makes us uncaring.
Why is it you liberals measure one's capacity for compassion by the amount of earnings one is willing to surrender to government?

Sorry muddy

Yes ..resiting the government's demand for more of our hard earned coin makes us uncaring.
Why is it you liberals measure one's capacity for compassion by the amount of earnings one is willing to surrender to government?

Your objection to sacrificing monetary gain for helping others is noted

Forum List

Back