Michelle Obama does her part to help unemployment

Has a right wingnut ever complained about the waste spent only on war machines?

Iraq, an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation cost lives and a trillion dollars, but we hear instead about the President's wife who can do good things right here in America. Amazing values this wingnuts possess.

Laura Bush had 24-26 on her staff. The rest of them had about the same. Why is this all of the sudden a problem?

1. Beause we are broke
2. Because people are now finding out about it.
3. Because the First Lady isn't royalty. Heck, she isn't really expected to do anything. Any thing she does need should come out of the President's Salary and not the tax payers.

What year did the "Debt" start?

Kind of irrelevant. You're "Everyone else does it" argument doesnt prove that we should continue it. We are brok

The First lady isnt royalty. Nor is the President. It's time to make these politicians realize that.

Iraq, an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation cost lives and a trillion dollars, but we hear instead about the President's wife who can do good things right here in America. Amazing values this wingnuts possess.

Not paying attention lately are you?

Cut spending everywhere means everywhere.

Cut waste everywhere means everywhere.

Not rocket science.

Hmmm...You are right....no one complained about the cost of war...no one at all....never came up......so what right does someone have to compalin about excess spending anywhere else?

Just had to spew out a talking poiint midcan.....one that has already been beaten to death mind you.

Not paying attention lately are you?

Cut spending everywhere means everywhere.

Cut waste everywhere means everywhere.

Not rocket science.

Simply because of their proximity to the President and First Lady, it's almost guaranteed that these people aren't sitting around doing nothing. I imagine each one of them more than earns their pay. Just looking at the salary for the assistant correspondence secretary--about $35,000--that is somewhat low for the DC area, and when you consider the volume of mail which must be read and answered--including emails.

If you want to get rid of people in DC, the place to find huge numbers sitting on the taxpayers' dollars is the Pentagon. You could probably get rid of 1/4 to a 1/3 of the civilian population roaming the halls there.

Sovereign nation, more like a terrorist tyrannical playground.

Illegal invasion, sure if you bow before a world court that has no authority over the Justice.

A trillion dollars, the war saved 100 trillion dollars, small price for such a large return.

I dont get the rest, ", but we hear instead about the President's wife who can do good things right here in America".

I write like shit when I am tired, sometimes complete babble. Maybe I am tired and what makes sense to everyone just sounds garbled to me. Is this the best you can state whatever you just stated.

In the future, tyrants will be allowed to rape and murder, I hate the name wingnut, if it means death to children in Iraq, i will allow tyrants to rape and murder so that I dont suffer the name "wingnut"

Responsibilities? Let's not get carried away.

She does have 'responsibilities'. Her role is to support her husband, our POTUS. While I didn't vote for Obama and have no particular fondness for Michelle (in fact, what I do know of her, I do not like) but.... she has a responsibility, and she is fulfilling her duties. I see no reason why she should not have the same staff requirements as previous First Ladies.

As First Lady, she has responsibilities to represent the US both at home and abroad. To do this, she needs a certain number of staff to manage her office, reply to requests, schedule appearances, write speeches...

What is troubling is the attempt by the rightwing misinformation patrol to label these functions as "attendants" as if they were personal servants

She's the first First Lady that needed a Make Up Artist.

This Administration is Historic in every respect.

Laura Bush had 24-26 on her staff. The rest of them had about the same. Why is this all of the sudden a problem?

1. Beause we are broke
3. Because the First Lady isn't royalty. Heck, she isn't really expected to do anything. Any thing she does need should come out of the President's Salary and not the tax payers.

1. Do you have a link showing we are broke?

2. People have known the First Lady has staff supporting her role for over 100 years

3. She is not royalty, she is the First Lady and has formal responsibilities in representing her country. First Ladies are not paid but put in a lot of hours in fulfilling their official roles.

First Ladies have been around for hundreds of years, why are you finally waking up to the fact that they have official responsibilities?

Wait.....I think I know why Michelle Obama is different

4 years of office?

Link to this?

Where have you been...under a rock?

This was reported last year.

Over $1.5 million per year.

President Obama been in office for 2 years.

So again. Four years of this?

And it seems this is nothing new.

snopes.com: First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

You're fucken retarded.

The payroll is listed in the OP. That's an annual payroll....so add it up times 4....what do you get?

Last edited:

1. Beause we are broke

2. People have known the First Lady has staff supporting her role for over 100 years

3. She is not royalty, she is the First Lady and has formal responsibilities in representing her country. First Ladies are not paid but put in a lot of hours in fulfilling their official roles.

First Ladies have been around for hundreds of years, why are you finally waking up to the fact that they have official responsibilities?

You're about to say she's black.

If we're running at a deficit....if we're borrowing money from China and Japan to pay for our debt then we're broke. It's just a matter of time till it catches up to us.

What happens when they stop lending us money? Well...they already have. Now they're monitizing the debt by printing money. $600 billion announced this month. Here comes inflation.

They have to raise the debt limit to $15 trillion soon.

The only way out of it is to cut spending and raise taxes.

Last edited:
1. Beause we are broke

If we're running at a deficit....if we're borrowing money from China and Japan to pay for our debt then we're broke. It's just a matter of time till it catches up to us.

What happens when they stop lending us money? Well...they already have. Now they're monitizing the debt by printing money. $600 billion announced this month. Here comes inflation.

The US is the wealthiest nation on earth. We have the largest economy (GDP) by a factor of three

Being in debt, does not mean you are broke. I have over $100,000 in personal debt, so do many homeowning Americans....it does not mean we are broke

yeah but they we're going to change washington, they bloated the current payroll. What a fucking shell game Obama played on the American voter.

yeah but they we're going to change washington, they bloated the current payroll. What a fucking shell game Obama played on the American voter.

Thank goodness the Tea Baggers are going to fix everything

The US is the wealthiest nation on earth. We have the largest economy (GDP) by a factor of three

Being in debt, does not mean you are broke. I have over $100,000 in personal debt, so do many homeowning Americans....it does not mean we are broke

Your right, owing a 100k means you are thriving. I say raise your tax.

How much money do you owe compared to how much you have on hand?

If you owe more then you have then you're in debt.

If you are in debt and you can't borrow anymore from other countries guess how much you're worth?

We are also the only country in the world that allows foreigners to buy our land. So who really owns the United States?

Last edited:

Thank goodness the Tea Baggers are going to fix everything

Nope. Wrong.....and that is where you just dont get it.

We will fix it as a people...The Tea Baggers simply want the government to butt out.

That being said, you blame Bush, others blame Obama, others blame congress, some blame Barney, some blame Monica....

The common denominator? All government people.

Yet it seems people like you like the idea of even BIGGER government fixing the problem.

Gee....that makes a lot of sense.

Your right, owing a 100k means you are thriving. I say raise your tax.

Sorry...like most wealthy...that debt is tax deductable

Hmmmm...based on that logic......GM was generating more revenue than most countries generate as a whole.....but had a larger debt....

So then why did the government and people like you refer to them as broke?

Forum List

Back