Michelle Obama does her part to help unemployment

Sorry muddy

Just don't want to live in your world where nobody cares about anyone else.
Sad commentary on your political point of view

Yes ..resiting the government's demand for more of our hard earned coin makes us uncaring.
Why is it you liberals measure one's capacity for compassion by the amount of earnings one is willing to surrender to government?

Your objection to sacrificing monetary gain for helping others is noted

Nice try. Look you selfish greedy fuck.. I came from nothing. I am not of a priviledged upbringing. The only advantage I had is the ability to realize that following those on a path of failure was not a very good idea. So I have busted my ass to get where I am. I could have easily slid down the path of least resistance and became just another ward of the State. I saw that as a very unattractive future. So I worked and improved my skill set.
If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
I am not going to apologize for achieving the successes I have realized.
It's not monetary gain, pucker breath. It's called doing what one must to keep a roof over my head, stay gainfully employed and live within my means.

They tell you how much you can make?? Get real.

I wish they would. Want a quote from Obama saying that there comes a time when you've made enough money?

Democrats are putting a ceiling on any CEO's salary of half a million if their company took TARP funds.

Michelle tells college students they shouldn't strive to be rich but instead take jobs that will help the community instead insuring that they never get wealthy.

They say profits are evil.

Must I say more?

Oh jeez, you must listen to hannity too. Yes, they didn't think the financial corporations should pay huge bonuses to their employees while they hadn't paid back the TAXPAYERS money. What is wrong with that? Some of them got so upset with that suggestion that they returned the TARP money--which is fine.

Apparently you and the whiny hannity think that they should be able to do whatever they want and spend whatever they want whether or not they paid the money back. Perhaps you might understand this on a lesser scale--did you ever loan money to a relative who didn't pay it back but in the meantime was sporting new carpeting and a new car? Same difference.

And as far as community service, yes many people do make a living at that. I suppose you feel it is wrong to suggest people go into social work, police work, fire prevention, teaching or any of the other "low-paying" careers.
"that they should be able to do whatever they want and spend whatever they want whether or not they paid the money back. "
Would you be willing to ask Washington politicians the same question?
Check mate.

What a sick view of the world...everyone out for the money

Lets just have a nation of lawyers

The White House is full of them you dip-shit.

The President is one.....or didn't you know that.

Sorry muddy

Sorry bud....but you already live in it and the Dems are in charge.:whip:

And you're exaggerating. I never said you shouldn't care. The problem I have with these people is they make a living discouraging our success all the while they're enjoying theirs.....and you can't even picture that.

Yes the First Lady deserves a staff. Yes these people deserve to be taken care of because they are doing a tough job running this nation. However the OP showed that their tendency toward excess is a poor example taking into consideration their Marxist beliefs.

They demonize bankers at the same time they're eating Chilean Sea Bass and splurging on trips to Spain and the Bahamas that's costing us millions. Yet the press had the nerve to criticize GW for clearing brush on his ranch thinking he was taking too much vacation. These people are always on vacation. They're living it up on our dime all the while they're preaching to us about sacrifice.

Now we are going into a period where we will be forced to sacrifice because of their big spending ways. Nobody is going to like seeing their grocery costs sky-rocketing and their taxes going up because of the shrinking dollar. Fewer will have the option to do community service because they'll be more concerned with eating instead. Starvation is not a fun prospect.

As I speak friends of mine can only afford one meal a day. People who are on the edge every single day are less inclined to be generous to others...and less understanding about Michelle's need for a makeup artist.

Last edited:
First Lady Michelle Obama's Servant List and Pay Scale
First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary to The First Lady)
16.. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special=2 0Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide to The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jack son, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(This is community organizing at it's finest.)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whosesole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help,at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jack ie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.
Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe ..

FRIENDS.....THESE SALARIES ADD UP TO SIX MILLION, THREE HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS ($6,364,000) FOR THE 4 YEARS OF OFFICE????? AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION????? WELL....MOST OF US ARE. I GUESS IT'S OK TO SPEND WILDLY WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR OWN MONEY?????

This is about a year or more old...

and it's been debunked...

Laura spent almost the same on her staff.

idiota.

I'm sure you're referring some story in the Drive by media that totally debunks all of this. If you used Factcheck.org you're referring to two Liberals in an office in California who spend most of their time dreaming up excuses for other liberals. Here's an interesting side note: It's run by the Annenburg Project....funded by George Soros with support from Bill Ayers and our President Barrack Obama.

Fancy that.

What's also interesting is they always describe themselves as non-partisan. Center For American Progress and Media Matters both do the same. If you believe that then I've got some swampland in AZ to sell you.

Laura did a service to this nation. They spent a lot of money decorating the WH every year for Christmas. It was beautiful. I really enjoyed watching videos of the way the place was decked out. Now we have to watch the First Family shop.

It just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
The White House is full of them you dip-shit.

The President is one.....or didn't you know that.

Sorry muddy

Sorry bud....but you already live in it and the Dems are in charge.:whip:

And you're exaggerating. I never said you shouldn't care. The problem I have with these people is they make a living discouraging our success all the while they're enjoying theirs.....and you can't even picture that.

Yes the First Lady deserves a staff. Yes these people deserve to be taken care of because they are doing a tough job running this nation. However the OP showed that their tendency toward excess is a poor example taking into consideration their Marxist beliefs.

They demonize bankers at the same time they're eating Chilean Sea Bass and splurging on trips to Spain and the Bahamas that's costing us millions. Yet the press had the nerve to criticize GW for clearing brush on his ranch thinking he was taking too much vacation. These people are always on vacation. They're living it up on our dime all the while they're preaching to us about sacrifice.

Now we are going into a period where we will be forced to sacrifice because of their big spending ways. Nobody is going to like seeing their grocery costs sky-rocketing and their taxes going up because of the shrinking dollar. Fewer will have the option to do community service because they'll be more concerned with eating instead. Starvation is not a fun prospect.

As I speak friends of mine can only afford one meal a day. People who are on the edge every single day are less inclined to be generous to others...and less understanding about Michelle's need for a makeup artist.

You'll never get to the point where an Obama supporter will ever admit there is anything amiss here.

I guess these expenses are only bad when it's a democrat in office. I didn't see any whining when it was Laura.

My issue is this: We elect a president, not a first couple.

The president is entitled to staff on the public dime. Not the wife. If the wife wants to play with a "for the public" social agenda and pet projects then they can pay for any staff it may require themselves. As far as i am concerned the first lady is, and only should be a dinner guest.

I gotta agree with Syrenn on this one. It shouldn't cost the taxpayer millions more to elect a President with a wife and family than it does to elect a single person to the high office.

I stuck up for Michelle as not being any more extravagant really than Laura Bush or Hillary Clinton--I couldn't find anything on Barbara Bush or Nancy Reagan or Rosalyn Carter's budgets. But there is no constitutional authority for a 'first lady' and whatever role she chooses to take as a volunteer should be at her expense, not ours.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back