Michelle Malkin

Has anyone here who ever shot a scoped weapon seen crosshairs like this?

surveryorsymbol%5B1%5D.jpg

Kinda be hard to shoot with the center of the reticle obscured by the circle, wouldn't it?

Whether or not this symbol is actually used in crosshairs is irrelevant. The only important thing here is that when most people see the crosshair symbol with a circle around it, they believe it is the crosshairs one sees when one looks through the scope of a sniper rifle. That is the general conception of that symbol.

Once again, Michelle's website only provides example of private citizens voicing their opinions about public figureheads. If you want to take this debate to include the things private citizens say as being somehow representative of anyone other than themselves, then we are allowing a major logical fallacy to enter. I can't even believe how many videos I could post of conservatives hating liberals. Both sides do it. Everyone knows it. Conservatives on this board are just trying to justify their own hate by identifying some liberal examples on the web and posting it here. It's pretty childish if you ask me. They are so out of control with respect to their negative biases and emotions that they have to make themselves feel better by joining together over a common enemy to effectively silence their own negativity. Get control over your own hatred, please. I realize it's tough, but you've got to try. I struggle with my own, for sure.

It's common human behavior to have to get together to try and badmouth a common enemy, because it allows people to escape their own inner hatred and negativity. I think this is the common theme with a lot of mainstream republicans, and definitely fringe liberals.
"I wish Sarah Palin and Levy Johnson would have been onboard the airplane crash that killed former Alaska Senator Ted Stevens. A dead Palin would be even more dangerous than a live one...she is all about her myth and if she was dead, she wouldn't be the target of the liberals attempting to embarrass her." New Hampshire Democratic State Representative Timothy Horrigan posted on Facebook

If he did write this, then he was very wrong in doing so, in my opinion.
Indeed he was.

Kinda be hard to shoot with the center of the reticle obscured by the circle, wouldn't it?

Whether or not this symbol is actually used in crosshairs is irrelevant. The only important thing here is that when most people see the crosshair symbol with a circle around it, they believe it is the crosshairs one sees when one looks through the scope of a sniper rifle. That is the general conception of that symbol.
Really? And you know this...how?

Google 'crosshairs' and see what comes up. I don't even think you are right about real crosshairs in guns.

Boom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reticle
Most commonly associated with telescopic sights for aiming firearms, crosshairs are also common in optical instruments used for astronomy and surveying, and are also popular in graphical user interfaces as a precision pointer.

Firearms

Telescopic sights for firearms, generally just called scopes, are probably the device most often associated with crosshairs. Motion pictures and the media often use a view through crosshairs as a dramatic device, which has given crosshairs wide cultural exposure.

Last edited:

Google 'crosshairs' and see what comes up. I don't even think you are right about real crosshairs in guns.

Boom:

Reticle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most commonly associated with telescopic sights for aiming firearms, crosshairs are also common in optical instruments used for astronomy and surveying, and are also popular in graphical user interfaces as a precision pointer.

Firearms

Telescopic sights for firearms, generally just called scopes, are probably the device most often associated with crosshairs. Motion pictures and the media often use a view through crosshairs as a dramatic device, which has given crosshairs wide cultural exposure.
Wiki? Really? Did you notice how there's no citation for that claim?

I explained to bodecea the many and varied uses of crosshairs here.

Boom:

Firearms

Wow. that's elitist. So, because it's wikipedia, to you, it's not good enough. Sorry, it's gonna have to do, and it's good enough for me. I could care less what you say. You think you have the 'real knowledge about fucking crosshairs. Whoopdy-fucking-doo. You know what a myth is? A myth is something that, while widely believed, is false. It could be a myth that crosshairs look this way. So, when people see a picture of a politician with crosshairs over her face, what are they going to think... we're going mountaineering today? NO! You fucking twit. They are going to think: sniper, Gun, shooting, shot, kill... whatever association pops up in their head with that symbol, which widely believed, is a sniper rifle symbol! Stop being so technical. Admit you are wrong about the Goddamn crosshairs, you stubborn self-righteous person.

Last edited:

Boom:

Firearms

Wow. that's elitist. So, because it's wikipedia, to you, it's not good enough. Sorry, it's gonna have to do, and it's good enough for me. I could care less what you say. You think you have the 'real knowledge about fucking crosshairs. Whoopdy-fucking-doo. You know what a myth is? A myth is something that, while widely believed, is false. It could be a myth that crosshairs look this way. So, when people see a picture of a politician with crosshairs over her face, what are they going to think... we're going mountaineering today? NO! You fucking twit. They are going to think: sniper, Gun, shooting, shot, kill... whatever association pops up in their head with that symbol, which widely believed, is a sniper rifle symbol! Stop being so technical. Admit you are wrong about the Goddamn crosshairs, you stubborn self-righteous person.
Do you know what an un-cited claim on Wiki is?

It's an opinion.

I've seen them on aviation charts.

Crosshairs is what you see when you look through an optical device. Any one of a dozen different devices. You also see it on four color prints to show that the colors line up.

Aiming a rifle, of the type most americans have experience with, would be lining a ball on a pin up with the crotch of a metal V, or lining up a ball on a metal pin with the center of a metal circle. Unless you are a real gun nut, a scope is otiose.

0420-1007-0415-4551_man_taking_aim_with_rifle_m.jpg

Look like crosshairs to me.

And everybody else, too.

Debating that is just silly.
"Everybody"? And you know this...how?

Don't be an ass.

I know this like I know that people understand international symbols.
1500 years ago, everybody knew the world the flat, too.

Have you ever fired a scoped rifle? Was the center of the scope's crosshairs obscured by a circle? Do you see any utility in that?

Unfortunately this article will have no effect on the left. It was written by someone they immediately discount and is full of facts which they have been taught to ignore.

It's easier for Malkin. She only hates liberals. Rabidly. I do believe it is slowly destroying her brain...like a cancer.

Michelle Malkin You’ve got hate mail: Liberal racism gone wild!

from Willma Harvey [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM
subject Sit Down
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com
hide details 10:30 PM (7 minutes ago)
I saw you on Fox News tonight. Take my advice: GO SIT YOUR BLACK ASS DOWN!!!!!!!!!! As Black as you are, you would be one of the first person’s racially profiled if you went to Arizona.
Willma Harvey

from M K [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com
hide details Jun 27 (10 days ago)
You are a shitty Filipino prostitute, your only hope is to marry a white man. you are cheep and ugly. When I look to your ugly Filipino eyes , I feel ,I want to throw up. You want to be white but you are not. You are a shitty Asian horn and you will be for the rest of your life. Clean your rotten **** before you write Filipino monkey.

from j [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:33 PM
subject Hi
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com
hide details May 19
You are a Fucking ****
I hope you, your hubby and kids die in a car accident
Have a great day

It's easier for Malkin. She only hates liberals. Rabidly. I do believe it is slowly destroying her brain...like a cancer.

to [email protected]
subject Sit Down
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com
I saw you on Fox News tonight. Take my advice: GO SIT YOUR BLACK ASS DOWN!!!!!!!!!! As Black as you are, you would be one of the first person’s racially profiled if you went to Arizona.
Willma Harvey

to [email protected]
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com
You are a shitty Filipino prostitute, your only hope is to marry a white man. you are cheep and ugly. When I look to your ugly Filipino eyes , I feel ,I want to throw up. You want to be white but you are not. You are a shitty Asian horn and you will be for the rest of your life. Clean your rotten **** before you write Filipino monkey.

from j [email protected]
to [email protected]
subject Hi
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com
hide details May 19
You are a Fucking ****
Have a great day

Are those people liberals? Can you identify them?

to [email protected]
subject Sit Down
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com
Willma Harvey

to [email protected]
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

from j [email protected]
to [email protected]
subject Hi
mailed-by gmail.com
signed-by gmail.com
hide details May 19
You are a Fucking ****
Have a great day

Are those people liberals? Can you identify them?

Yes, they are liberals. It is obvious to all, but the left loons who must deflect as their only line of defense.

Forum List

Back