Michael Vick released

good comment about showing up with milk bones etc...

dis it is manie who hates pitts and thinks they should be banned....see the 'manie you are hardly objective"

it would be a pr nightmare for any team that signs him....gonna be hard to spill with animal lovers...and peta will be right there...his marketablity is zero you wont see vick on your wheaties

It isn't just mani. Pit bulls are bred for nothing BUT pit fighting; hence, the name "pit" bull. They're inbred, vicious and unpredictable, and serve no real function as domesticated animals EXCEPT to pit fight.

They should be banned. Perhaps you need to face off against one in the street to see the light? Whether or not the owner was irresponsible is irrelevant to the fact that there's nothing between you and that dog at the time but air.

A bunch of crap. Your ignorance is showing, Gunny.

Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk (during daytime hours no less) and was recently released after serving 30 days of jail time. 30 days. And I don't hear anywhere near as much clamoring about him as I do Vick.

Moral of the story: Kill humans not dogs.

I heard that the guy he killed was an undocumented Cuban.

All Michael Vick did was kill some dogs.

Heck, they kill and eat dogs in half of the countries of the world.

Donte Stallworth was DWI and killed a man.

He recieved ONE month in jail.

Yet Vick gets 23 months in prison for doggie homocide

This is insane!!! :eek:
He did more than just kill dogs, he tortured them. I think 23 months was too short a time. I don't know the circumstances of Donte Stalworth's crime so I can't compare.

He didn't do anything more to them than any other pit breeders do. All dogs trained to pit fight are what you called "tortured" just to make them as vicious as possible, and if they lose, they are killed.

So because other criminals do it, it's okay in your book? :cuckoo:
Sounds like you want to minimize what they do. You're not willing to consider it torture.
Not all pit breeders torture their dogs and train them to fight.
Once again, Gunny talks out his ass.

If he was a mechanic or a plumber he night get a job but if people knew they might not use him. If he was a teacher or a cop do you think the public would accept "he's paid his dies"? Of course not. He's a fucking athlete and in this country they can torture animals, beat their wives, and threaten people with guns and still the fans will cheer and donate to their multi million dollar contracts..

Makes me sick

Where are you from? If he was a mechanic or a plumber or an electrician, he'd get a job based on his ability to perform in his chosen trade. Nobody around here'd give a rat's ass if he fought dogs.

Comparing torturing animals to wife beating and threatening people with guns is just a little too much drama. There is no comparison.
So now you admit it's torture. But you fail to have compassion for the poor creatures so you just dismiss it.

He paid his legal debt to society yet I will personally continue to hold him in low esteem.

How other criminal athletes were treated in different cases makes no difference to my opinion of Michael Vick.

Beyond that, it's up to the NFL to allow him back into the league, as somewhere in the fine print they're allowed to discriminate in such a manner. Then it's up to individual owners whether or not they want him on their team so he may get a conditional contract of some sort, and if he does it will be fun to root against him. :D

Last edited:
good comment about showing up with milk bones etc...

dis it is manie who hates pitts and thinks they should be banned....see the 'manie you are hardly objective"

it would be a pr nightmare for any team that signs him....gonna be hard to spill with animal lovers...and peta will be right there...his marketablity is zero you wont see vick on your wheaties

It isn't just mani. Pit bulls are bred for nothing BUT pit fighting; hence, the name "pit" bull. They're inbred, vicious and unpredictable, and serve no real function as domesticated animals EXCEPT to pit fight.

They should be banned. Perhaps you need to face off against one in the street to see the light? Whether or not the owner was irresponsible is irrelevant to the fact that there's nothing between you and that dog at the time but air.

A bunch of crap. Your ignorance is showing, Gunny.

It is a bunch of crap, some of those same Pitts that he had fighting have been retrained and rehabilitated, Because they are born fighters doesn't mean they must be. A lot of people really won't have any other dog.

He will never play again, it will be a long time before he can even walk down the street without people wanting to hurt him.

He's like OJ in a sense, he's (was) walking free but nobody thinks he's innocent. I hope he's saved at least some of his money for a rainy day.
His career is toast. I'm sure he has plenty of $ left. It may mean he has to live like the average person. Boo hoo!

Of course, there will always be a few like Gunny who think the guy has been crucified.

He will never play again, it will be a long time before he can even walk down the street without people wanting to hurt him.

He's like OJ in a sense, he's (was) walking free but nobody thinks he's innocent. I hope he's saved at least some of his money for a rainy day.

You are wrong. He'll play again unless the NFL tries to hide behind its faux morality and blackballs him.

Another comparison of dogfighting to murdering human beings. GMAFB.
Since you seem to think ranking humans so far above dogs that dogs don't even matter is the way to go, I won't bother to address that silly issue.
But are you aware that animal abuse is often an indicator of someone who will move on to things you might consider not so easy to dismiss? Jeffrey Dahlmer was typical in that way. He admitted to starting out torturing wild animals and pets.

Vick was suspended from the NFL after his conviction but remains under contract with the Falcons, Segal said, though he does not expect the Falcons to retain Vick's rights if he is reinstated.

Vick and many of his creditors are depending on a return to football as his main source of income. But Segal admitted that he has no way of knowing whether Vick will be reinstated, because the decision lies with Goodell. He has agreed to participate in a documentary about him that will net him $600,000, Segal said. He will also work 40 hours a week for W.M. Jordan, a construction company based in Newport News.

Among the terms included in Vick's plan of reorganization:

• Vick will retain the first $750,000 of his income.

• A percentage of his income above $750,000 will go to a trust fund

Michael Vick taking construction job after prison, lawyer says - CNN.com

His career is toast.

Not so sure about that...This is what was written on the subject back in February:

It's not even a guarantee that Vick will be back in the NFL in 2009. Roger Goodell has said he won't consider reinstatement until Vick's legal obligations are settled, and that might not be until July. Plus, it's Goodell and he likes to drag things out, so don't expect a quick decision on Vick's future.

If Vick does get reinstated, it is still difficult to imagine that there will be too many teams lining up to give away draft picks in order to get a guy who's been in prison for the past 18 months and is due to get $15 million in 2009 from his current contract. More likely, teams will wait for Atlanta to release Vick, thus enabling them to sign him to a new, more logical deal.

Assuming that all these things happen, what's the most likely destination for Vick in 2009? Shutdown Corner lists the five most likely spots:
Where will Michael Vick play football in 2009? - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Odds are good he'll just turn around and do it again...

Agreed. Animal abusers often do. I don't know the details of his sentence but I hope it included a restriction on his ever owning dogs again.

he is thug who can play football....so he can do anything he wishes in the eyes of stupid ass americans....who hold no one to any standards...funny how you hold such high moral thresholds and yet...think it is okay to forgive thugs who play sports...ie....kobe and the rest of them.....americans amaze me with their double standards for jocks...its starts in high school and goes all the way up....just like turtles.
:clap2:

And yeah, 23 months behind bars when most people busted for it serve little to no time and only pay a fine is bullshit. he got harsher punishment for his celebrity.
Cry me a river! Of course he was used to set an example. And a precedent. The laws so far have been way too lenient for these people.
And yeah, when the same people in this thread never have anything to say about people being murdered, but get their panties in a wad over vicious animals that shouldn't exist to begin with, I'd call that retarded.
These animals didn't ask to exist or to be tortured into becoming vicious animals. Another case of blame the victim.

What a crybaby you are!! You have to resort to that lameass accusation of the type, "you don't stand up for other victims so that make you a hypocrite." What a weenie!! You think every one on this board has time to espress their opinion on everything?

he is thug who can play football....so he can do anything he wishes in the eyes of stupid ass americans....who hold no one to any standards...funny how you hold such high moral thresholds and yet...think it is okay to forgive thugs who play sports...ie....kobe and the rest of them.....americans amaze me with their double standards for jocks...its starts in high school and goes all the way up....just like turtles.

He's a thug because he was part of dogfighting ring? Bullshit.

I have no double standard for jocks. But you can address the double standard of the sentence he got because of his celebrity compared to the usual 30-60 days and a fine.

Unlike most of the rest of you bleeding hearts for vicious and cruel animals that exist to do one thing -- pit fight -- I haven't rendered a moral judgment.

I'm saying he paid his debt as was handed out by the court. The sentence didn't include "and to be persecuted for the rest of your natural life by bleeding hearts."

Exaggerate much, Gunny?

Y'all are the type of people that would try to cure the plague by cutting off the lesions. Instead of persecuting one person, try getting off your butts and going to the rural South and Southwest and explaining to Mexicans and Blacks the immorality of it all. Because they don't see it. They don't care. It's entertainment and gambling to them, and it's BIG business.

Then there's the fact that some people just don't place the same value on animal life as they do human life.

What I really find interesting are the number of pro choice advocates in this thread bitching about dogfighting. I thought the whole reason it was okay to snuff out a life is because they don't consider it human yet?

Pit bulls aren't human.

And before YOU, dis, screech at me, I am aware that you are not pro-choice.:cool:

When you are losing an argument, Gunny. Just back out gracefully. That post above was absolutely ludicrous on so many levels.

I never forgive cruelty.

it's one thing to commit a crime, for example stealing to feed your kids, and be forgiven. But the wanton lust for violence and the gratuitous pathological need to satisfy ones blood lust by inflicting pain on lesser creatures merely for one's own twisted pleasure is not something to be forgiven.
Agreed.
As revolting as these animal torturers are, though, I think we have to look at them as being somewhat like the dogs they abuse, vicious creatures that can be rehabilitated. Though, we definitely have far more success rehabilitating abused dogs. Dogs are just much more flexible than humans.

These people disgust me but to really put an end to this horrible behavior I think we have to understand them better, see what makes them tick and why they became that way. Heavier prison sentences will do something to make this type of business unprofitable but more needs to be done investigating the reasons why it happens in the first place.

Forum List

Back