Michael Vick released

he is thug who can play football....so he can do anything he wishes in the eyes of stupid ass americans....who hold no one to any standards...funny how you hold such high moral thresholds and yet...think it is okay to forgive thugs who play sports...ie....kobe and the rest of them.....americans amaze me with their double standards for jocks...its starts in high school and goes all the way up....just like turtles.

He's a thug because he was part of dogfighting ring? Bullshit.

I have no double standard for jocks. But you can address the double standard of the sentence he got because of his celebrity compared to the usual 30-60 days and a fine.

Unlike most of the rest of you bleeding hearts for vicious and cruel animals that exist to do one thing -- pit fight -- I haven't rendered a moral judgment.

I'm saying he paid his debt as was handed out by the court. The sentence didn't include "and to be persecuted for the rest of your natural life by bleeding hearts."

That, I agree with. The crack about leaving him in a pen with 2 of them was simply a smartass crack to the conversation going on at the time. However, I don't think 23 months is long enough for anyone.. If the standard is 30-90 days, I think that's even worse. Not nearly enough time to teach a lesson. If you're going by sentence time alone, yes he paid it.

Y'all are the type of people that would try to cure the plague by cutting off the lesions. Instead of persecuting one person, try getting off your butts and going to the rural South and Southwest and explaining to Mexicans and Blacks the immorality of it all. Because they don't see it. They don't care. It's entertainment and gambling to them, and it's BIG business.

Then there's the fact that some people just don't place the same value on animal life as they do human life.

What I really find interesting are the number of pro choice advocates in this thread bitching about dogfighting. I thought the whole reason it was okay to snuff out a life is because they don't consider it human yet?

Pit bulls aren't human.

And before YOU, dis, screech at me, I am aware that you are not pro-choice.:cool:

He's a thug because he was part of dogfighting ring? Bullshit.

I have no double standard for jocks. But you can address the double standard of the sentence he got because of his celebrity compared to the usual 30-60 days and a fine.

Unlike most of the rest of you bleeding hearts for vicious and cruel animals that exist to do one thing -- pit fight -- I haven't rendered a moral judgment.

I'm saying he paid his debt as was handed out by the court. The sentence didn't include "and to be persecuted for the rest of your natural life by bleeding hearts."

That, I agree with. The crack about leaving him in a pen with 2 of them was simply a smartass crack to the conversation going on at the time. However, I don't think 23 months is long enough for anyone.. If the standard is 30-90 days, I think that's even worse. Not nearly enough time to teach a lesson. If you're going by sentence time alone, yes he paid it.

Y'all are the type of people that would try to cure the plague by cutting off the lesions. Instead of persecuting one person, try getting off your butts and going to the rural South and Southwest and explaining to Mexicans and Blacks the immorality of it all. Because they don't see it. They don't care. It's entertainment and gambling to them, and it's BIG business.

Then there's the fact that some people just don't place the same value on animal life as they do human life.

What I really find interesting are the number of pro choice advocates in this thread bitching about dogfighting. I thought the whole reason it was okay to snuff out a life is because they don't consider it human yet?

Pit bulls aren't human.

And before YOU, dis, screech at me, I am aware that you are not pro-choice.:cool:

If it's acceptable in the south, then do it in the south; don't do it where it's illegal. If he's really that hard up for some old fashioned barbarian fun, he can easily afford to move. Or hell, just fly out for the day.

On a simple behavior and intelligence scale, sorry, but most animals ARE better than humans. :eusa_eh:

he is a thug dear...why tolerate that type of behavior...thugs dont change.,....and no as far as i am concerned he cannot pay his debt to society by doing a small bit of time in jail then coming back and making millions in football....no ...if he is allowed to do that...says a lot about our society

Yeah, I'd sure hate to be part of a society that values forgiveness.

I never forgive cruelty.

it's one thing to commit a crime, for example stealing to feed your kids, and be forgiven. But the wanton lust for violence and the gratuitous pathological need to satisfy ones blood lust by inflicting pain on lesser creatures merely for one's own twisted pleasure is not something to be forgiven.

Last edited:

Pit bulls aren't human.

If it's acceptable in the south, then do it in the south; don't do it where it's illegal. If he's really that hard up for some old fashioned barbarian fun, he can easily afford to move. Or hell, just fly out for the day.

On a simple behavior and intelligence scale, sorry, but most animals ARE better than humans. :eusa_eh:
Maybe it's acceptable some places in the south but I'm pretty sure it isn't legal. It's also NOT acceptable to the general public at large.

Football is a sport many love especially me. I predict if allowed to play Vick will fill up stadiums. Team owners want winners who can bring in Big Bucks.
Fans have short memories and when the game is on Vick's past will become a blur.

Dis, do you know what state the government charged Vick committed this crime in? I don't think it was Alaska.

Pit bulls aren't human.

]

fuck this whoopi goldberg shit that its acceptable in the south....IT IS NOT....we have it but its not accepted....and must i remind you...va is hardly the deep south?

gunny..he was not involved in it...he was the mastermind of it..who financed it..rings and fights where at his place....bit of a difference....i think.

Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk (during daytime hours no less) and was recently released after serving 30 days of jail time. 30 days. And I don't hear anywhere near as much clamoring about him as I do Vick.

Moral of the story: Kill humans not dogs.

And he was punished more severely than many people who have done far worse...

he paid his debt. why should his life be ruined?

he is more than capable of earning a living. just because he may not be able to play in the NFL (and he shouldn't IMO) is not the ruination of his life.

people who derive their pleasure by inflicting pain and suffering on lesser creatures should be held in low esteem.

I think part of his punishment should have been 10 years community service tending to animals that have been abused by pieces of shit just like him.

I do hold him in low esteem. But I don't need athletes to be role models and if he's capable of playing, I don't see any reason for him not doing so.

Football players aren't generally models of decorum.

he is a thug dear...why tolerate that type of behavior...thugs dont change.,....and no as far as i am concerned he cannot pay his debt to society by doing a small bit of time in jail then coming back and making millions in football....no ...if he is allowed to do that...says a lot about our society

I never forgive cruelty.

it's one thing to commit a crime, for example stealing to feed your kids, and be forgiven. But the wanton lust for violence and the gratuitous pathological need to satisfy ones blood lust by inflicting pain on lesser creatures merely for one's own twisted pleasure is not something to be forgiven.

wanton lust for violence?

gratuitous pathological need to satisfy one's blood lust?

inflicting pain on lesser creatures merely for one's own twisted pleasure?

That's quite the creative and fanciful extrapolation of the actual facts you got going there. Do you do that with every issue you discuss? I don't really care, I just want to know if I should relegate your views to my ever growing pay-no-mind list.

I didn't read this whole thread so if this has been asked and answered, sorry.

Does anyone know if a restriction was placed upon Vick that he may never own another animal again?

I never forgive cruelty.

wanton lust for violence?

gratuitous pathological need to satisfy one's blood lust?

inflicting pain on lesser creatures merely for one's own twisted pleasure?

That's quite the creative and fanciful extrapolation of the actual facts you got going there. Do you do that with every issue you discuss? I don't really care, I just want to know if I should relegate your views to my ever growing pay-no-mind list.

So how do you describe the mistreatment of dogs in order to watch them tear each other limb from limb in a bloody battle to the death?

How do you describe a person who derives pleasure from such "sport" if not one craving violence?

If this is not a twisted need for violence from which people derive some sort of perverse vicarious pleasure then why do it?

Skull Pilot said:
So how do you describe the mistreatment of dogs in order to watch them tear each other limb from limb in a bloody battle to the death?

I describe it as cruelty.

Skull Pilot said:
How do you describe a person who derives pleasure from such "sport" if not one craving violence?

Being entertained by violence isn't exactly the same thing as pathological, wanton bloodlust. Are you suggesting that fans of MMA, boxing, football or hockey all have a pathological need to satisfy a bloodlust?

Skull Pilot said:
If this is not a twisted need for violence from which people derive some sort of perverse vicarious pleasure then why do it?

Money. And the pleasure derived from gambling. I've not seen one shred of evidence supporting the notion that Vick got off on torturing the dogs.

Mani, "money" could not have possibly been an issue in this. Vick was right in the middle of a 130 million dollar contract. He had no reason to be fighting dogs to make money. He signed the richest deal in NFL history at the time of his contract, he was being paid like a king to do what he apparently loved to do.

This seems more to me like a "...but you can't take the ghetto out of the..." situation.

This said though, I think he paid his debt to society and should have the opportunity to come full circle and play football again.

The fact is, fighting animals is acceptable among a certain segment of our society and they don't think anything is really wrong with it.
So is wife beating and child rape.
act all outraged wanted to crucify the person that got caught, but not do a damned thing about the reason behind his actions.

And you know this how?

Michael Vick was released this morning from federal custody.

When and if he'll return to the NFL is to be determined.

What are your thoughts about that?
While part of me would like to see him rot in a dungeon for the rest of his life another part hopes that he has had time to see the error of his ways and has been rehabilitated.

It's been shown that it's much much easier to rehabilitate vicious dogs than vicious humans, but I have seen people who hated dogs like he must have, actually come around to being the biggest dog lovers you could imagine. It could happen to him too. Meanwhile, I do think he should not be allowed to own any dogs or be near dogs unsupervised till it's clear he could be trusted again.

As for his football career, who gives fuck. It's an all around stupid "sport" anyway.

People who fight dogs do not hate them. They are tools -- a means to an end.
That's your opinion. I think that in order to torture and kill, there has to be some hate involved.

There's a big difference between being ostracized by the public and being deified by adoring fans. He's a POS that doesn't deserve a gazillion dollar contract and the cheers of the crowd. Let him get a regular job like the rest of us schmucks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back