Michael Vick released

I just disagree with people who say he shouldn't be allowed to play at all.

I also disagree with that as you do. He paid his debt to society, even if I think the sentence was too lenient, I respect our justice system and employers should too when considering employing an excon..

If he was a mechanic or a plumber he night get a job but if people knew they might not use him. If he was a teacher or a cop do you think the public would accept "he's paid his dies"? Of course not. He's a fucking athlete and in this country they can torture animals, beat their wives, and threaten people with guns and still the fans will cheer and donate to their multi million dollar contracts..

Makes me sick

he should still be in jail...he should never be allowed to play football...i hope any team that hires him...faces the full force of a boycott and each time vic plays...i hope fans hiss and boo him....stick a fork in him...he should be done

That's bullshit. He served his time for his crime and there's NO reason he should not be allowed to pursue a career.

he should still be in jail...he should never be allowed to play football...i hope any team that hires him...faces the full force of a boycott and each time vic plays...i hope fans hiss and boo him....stick a fork in him...he should be done

In total agreement here, although they should do more then stick a fork in him.

I for one would love to see him Waterboarded then hit with a Tazer while soaking wet. Then maybe lay him on the ground naked and repeatedly smash his balls with a hammer, I think you guys get my point.

He has been in jail for two years. He is not fit enough to play, and probably won't ever be again.

I wouldn't want him if I were the marketing guy at any team.

Actually people usually are in better shape when they get out of prison. My brothers a Corrections Officer and he said most of the people in there spend most of their time hitting the weights and working out. I guarantee he is in better shape then when he went in.

Throw him in a cage with a hungry pit bull and if he makes it out ...

Not bad.. Make it two pits.. If he makes it out alive in under 10 minutes, he's repaid his debt to society. :eusa_whistle:

You people are fucking ridiculous.:rolleyes:

He was just kept in a cage for 2 years of his prime as a pro athlete. I don't fee sorry for him, but it isn't like he didn't lose a whole Hell of a lot the past 2 years. Only more money than most of us will likely make in a lifetime.

The guy is/was uber-wealthy from the NFL alone. He didn't need to do this. The fact is, fighting animals is acceptable among a certain segment of our society and they don't think anything is really wrong with it.

Just like anything else, you people that place the lives of animals above human beings and act all outraged wanted to crucify the person that got caught, but not do a damned thing about the reason behind his actions.

Vick has paid his debt to society and should be released from prison. I don't see any NFL team taking him on for several years though, because his brand name is right up there with Adolf Eichmann and no NFL team wants the PR disaster/opposing fans showering the field with Milk Bones/etc. that would inevitably ensue if he were signed.

I hope he gets a gig cleaning up dog crap at the local animal shelter though. A man's gotta eat.

Jerry Jones will hire him. Well, except Jerry Jones has yet to figure out Romo is another Danny White -- get to the big game and choke.

Michael Vick was released this morning from federal custody.

When and if he'll return to the NFL is to be determined.

What are your thoughts about that?
While part of me would like to see him rot in a dungeon for the rest of his life another part hopes that he has had time to see the error of his ways and has been rehabilitated.

It's been shown that it's much much easier to rehabilitate vicious dogs than vicious humans, but I have seen people who hated dogs like he must have, actually come around to being the biggest dog lovers you could imagine. It could happen to him too. Meanwhile, I do think he should not be allowed to own any dogs or be near dogs unsupervised till it's clear he could be trusted again.

As for his football career, who gives fuck. It's an all around stupid "sport" anyway.

People who fight dogs do not hate them. They are tools -- a means to an end.

good comment about showing up with milk bones etc...

dis it is manie who hates pitts and thinks they should be banned....see the 'manie you are hardly objective"

it would be a pr nightmare for any team that signs him....gonna be hard to spill with animal lovers...and peta will be right there...his marketablity is zero you wont see vick on your wheaties

It isn't just mani. Pit bulls are bred for nothing BUT pit fighting; hence, the name "pit" bull. They're inbred, vicious and unpredictable, and serve no real function as domesticated animals EXCEPT to pit fight.

They should be banned. Perhaps you need to face off against one in the street to see the light? Whether or not the owner was irresponsible is irrelevant to the fact that there's nothing between you and that dog at the time but air.

Vick has paid his debt to society and should be released from prison. I don't see any NFL team taking him on for several years though, because his brand name is right up there with Adolf Eichmann and no NFL team wants the PR disaster/opposing fans showering the field with Milk Bones/etc. that would inevitably ensue if he were signed.

I hope he gets a gig cleaning up dog crap at the local animal shelter though. A man's gotta eat.

Jerry Jones will hire him. Well, except Jerry Jones has yet to figure out Romo is another Danny White -- get to the big game and choke.

Naah - I don't see it. Jones got burned badly by the antics of TO and Pacman Jones - I just don't see him taking a chance on another "character" like Vick. Of course, Jerry Jones has done some mind-numbingly stupid things before, so what do I know?

All Michael Vick did was kill some dogs.

Heck, they kill and eat dogs in half of the countries of the world.

Donte Stallworth was DWI and killed a man.

He recieved ONE month in jail.

Yet Vick gets 23 months in prison for doggie homocide

This is insane!!! :eek:
He did more than just kill dogs, he tortured them. I think 23 months was too short a time. I don't know the circumstances of Donte Stalworth's crime so I can't compare.

He didn't do anything more to them than any other pit breeders do. All dogs trained to pit fight are what you called "tortured" just to make them as vicious as possible, and if they lose, they are killed.

I think what Vick did was deplorable and a very ugly crime. However, he has paid his dues to society so everybody should get off his back.
You are totally right.

He has paid his debt to society.

If he was a plumber or mechanic.

He would be allowed to resume his livelyhood.
Yeah, well his livelihood requires he bring in the fans and if it doesn't look like he will, why should anybody be obliged to hire him?

No one is obliged to hire him. However, if he is fit and can pass tryouts, no one should be standing in his way of making a living either on some bogus, holier than thou moral stance. If his team wins, he'll bring in the fans.

If he was a mechanic or a plumber he night get a job but if people knew they might not use him. If he was a teacher or a cop do you think the public would accept "he's paid his dies"? Of course not. He's a fucking athlete and in this country they can torture animals, beat their wives, and threaten people with guns and still the fans will cheer and donate to their multi million dollar contracts..

Makes me sick

Where are you from? If he was a mechanic or a plumber or an electrician, he'd get a job based on his ability to perform in his chosen trade. Nobody around here'd give a rat's ass if he fought dogs.

Comparing torturing animals to wife beating and threatening people with guns is just a little too much drama. There is no comparison.

Naah - I don't see it. Jones got burned badly by the antics of TO and Pacman Jones - I just don't see him taking a chance on another "character" like Vick. Of course, Jerry Jones has done some mind-numbingly stupid things before, so what do I know?

I only don't see it because Jones doesn't think he needs a new and better QB. He would have no qualms otherwise. He throws human beings in the pit annually. Why would he give a shit about one of them throwing dogs in a pit?

He throws human beings in the pit annually. Why would he give a shit about one of them throwing dogs in a pit?

PR. The press would eat him alive if he hired Vick. Legions of anti-fans would cover the turf at that nice new stadium of his with Milk Bones during home games, and Who Let The Dogs Out would ring from every PA system at every road game the Cowboys played. At this point of his tenure, Jerry Jones is all about the legacy thing, and hiring Vick won't help him get to Canton OH.

Look, if Michael Vick, Adolf Hitler and I were stuck together in an elevator and I had a gun with 6 rounds in the magazine locked and loaded, I'd empty every one into Hitler then shove the gun up his ass as he lay dying. I don't hate Michael Vick and I'm glad he's served his sentence and is out of the joint. He's paid the public price for a monumentally stupid (if arguably not evil) act. But the ewww factor amongst the American public about what he did, plus his lying to the NFL about what he did, makes it a long shot at best that he'll ever play another down anywhere in the US again.

Forum List

Back