Michael Vick released

Vick has paid his debt to society and should be released from prison. I don't see any NFL team taking him on for several years though, because his brand name is right up there with Adolf Eichmann and no NFL team wants the PR disaster/opposing fans showering the field with Milk Bones/etc. that would inevitably ensue if he were signed.

I hope he gets a gig cleaning up dog crap at the local animal shelter though. A man's gotta eat.

Michael Vick was released this morning from federal custody.

When and if he'll return to the NFL is to be determined.

What are your thoughts about that?
While part of me would like to see him rot in a dungeon for the rest of his life another part hopes that he has had time to see the error of his ways and has been rehabilitated.

It's been shown that it's much much easier to rehabilitate vicious dogs than vicious humans, but I have seen people who hated dogs like he must have, actually come around to being the biggest dog lovers you could imagine. It could happen to him too. Meanwhile, I do think he should not be allowed to own any dogs or be near dogs unsupervised till it's clear he could be trusted again.

As for his football career, who gives fuck. It's an all around stupid "sport" anyway.

good comment about showing up with milk bones etc...

dis it is manie who hates pitts and thinks they should be banned....see the 'manie you are hardly objective"

it would be a pr nightmare for any team that signs him....gonna be hard to spill with animal lovers...and peta will be right there...his marketablity is zero you wont see vick on your wheaties

All Michael Vick did was kill some dogs.

Heck, they kill and eat dogs in half of the countries of the world.

Donte Stallworth was DWI and killed a man.

He recieved ONE month in jail.

Yet Vick gets 23 months in prison for doggie homocide

This is insane!!! :eek:

He has been in jail for two years. He is not fit enough to play, and probably won't ever be again.

I wouldn't want him if I were the marketing guy at any team.

I think what Vick did was deplorable and a very ugly crime. However, he has paid his dues to society so everybody should get off his back.

All Michael Vick did was kill some dogs.

Heck, they kill and eat dogs in half of the countries of the world.

Donte Stallworth was DWI and killed a man.

He recieved ONE month in jail.

Yet Vick gets 23 months in prison for doggie homocide

This is insane!!! :eek:
He did more than just kill dogs, he tortured them. I think 23 months was too short a time. I don't know the circumstances of Donte Stalworth's crime so I can't compare.

dis it is manie who hates pitts and thinks they should be banned....see the 'manie you are hardly objective"

it would be a pr nightmare for any team that signs him....gonna be hard to spill with animal lovers...and peta will be right there...his marketablity is zero you wont see vick on your wheaties

I never said I hate pits or that they should be banned. I'm undecided on the topic of banning them... pretty much the reason why I occassionally start threads about it.

I think what Vick did was deplorable and a very ugly crime. However, he has paid his dues to society so everybody should get off his back.
You are totally right.

He has paid his debt to society.

If he was a plumber or mechanic.

He would be allowed to resume his livelyhood.
Yeah, well his livelihood requires he bring in the fans and if it doesn't look like he will, why should anybody be obliged to hire him?

I never said I hate pits or that they should be banned. I'm undecided on the topic of banning them... pretty much the reason why I occassionally start threads about it.
Is that the only reason?

You are totally right.

He has paid his debt to society.

If he was a plumber or mechanic.

He would be allowed to resume his livelyhood.
Yeah, well his livelihood requires he bring in the fans and if it doesn't look like he will, why should anybody be obliged to hire him?
I agree

If he can't do what the job requires. He shouldn't be hired.

I just disagree with people who say he shouldn't be allowed to play at all.

I want this man to earn an honest living. Let him play football. What good was served by sending him to prison? Maybe the Detroit Lions will select him.

New Topics

Forum List

Back