Michael Savage lawsuit links CAIR to 9/11 plot

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ScreamingEagle, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    A recent article on the CAIR-Michael Savage case:

Talker amends lawsuit against organizer of Muslim boycott to include RICO charges

December 29, 2007

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

myawwwww... poor lil mikey doesn't like it when the vitriol of his own words comes back to bite his advertising ass? myawwwwwwwww......

gosh, maybe David Duke can run for president again after Mike (fails) to set some precedence here!

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hey, he's already committed:

http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2007/10/ron-paul-endorsed-by-stormfront-radio.html

4. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Gen. JC Christian, Patriot

that guy cracks me up.

5. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    So what is your position on it? I think that Savage should lose. I think that Savage will lose. I hope that Savage loses. I think that it calls within the scope of “fair use” – a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as use for scholarship or review.

(Oh. The above statement was copied from Wikipedia. I don’t like Wikipedia. I think that people should boycott Wikipedia. Oh my gosh. I hope that Wikipedia does not sue me.) – I’m just kidding to try to make a point.

People have the right, or should have the right, to quote people (in context or out of context is a subjective consideration) and post such quotes (via audio or text) as they see fit. They should also be free to encourage people to boycott such people. People have “free speech” but that does not obligate people to buy their free speech. I have a right to create a newspaper and ask that people subscribe to it. Yet, people are not obligated to subscribe to it. It is called the “free market place of ideas”.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    There's a 'time limit' to what one may lift from radio, tv, other media. Otherwise, the purpose of copywrite is what? I thought you were the centrist capitalist?

7. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    You don’t read carefully, do you? Look at my post again. I’ll post the quote from Wikipedia again and even underlne the relevant part in reply to your post.

“fair use” – a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as use for scholarship or review.

Savage is on the air an average of 3 hours per day, 5 days per week. I don’t know how many years he has been on the air. CAIR merely copied and posted bits and pieces of his show. Those excerpts, added together, come to less than 6 minutes of Savage’s rants. Here is a relevant article by FOX about the situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314829,00.html

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and you don't check the laws very close. The limit is 4 minutes of copywrited material.

9. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Link to the law?

From the FOX article:

Michael Savage said the Washington, D.C.-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, violated his rights by wrongfully using a 4-minute segment of his Oct. 29 "The Savage Nation" show in a letter-writing campaign directed against talk radio advertisers. Audio from the show remained on CAIR's Web site Monday.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=104&sid=1303304

Michael Savage [himself] said the Washington, D.C.-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, violated his rights by wrongfully using a 4-minute segment of his Oct. 29 "The Savage Nation" show in a letter-writing campaign directed against talk radio advertisers. Audio from the show remained on CAIR's Web site Monday - and it is still there.

The rants: Time the whole thing for yourself:

http://www.cair.com/audio/savage_102907.asp

This is too easy. You are probably tired. Get some sleep.

10. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    your the one that needs to be COMMITTED

Ron Paul Racist Propaganda Exposed
    Establishment finds no skeletons in Congressman's closet, resorts to crass guilt by association smear
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet
    Friday, December 21, 2007

Peddlers of American Nazi Party leader Bill White's ridiculous claim that Ron Paul is a white supremacist have unwittingly exposed themselves as Israeli propagandists, after a keen-eyed Mike Rivero over at WhatReallyHappened.com spotted the icon for "Megaphone," an Israeli government supported PR front, on one of their screenshots.

The image appeared on a screen capture which was posted on several messageboards by one of White's bloggers who was attempting to prove the validity of White's claim by showing it had originated directly from his neo-nazi Stormfront website.

In his zeal to push White's lies, the blogger unwittingly exposed himself as a member of an Israeli-government backed propaganda network.

Screen capture showing Megaphone icon on user's desktop panel (click for enlargement).

Image of Megaphone program when in use.

According to Wikipedia, "The Megaphone desktop tool is a Microsoft Windows application distributed by the World Union of Jewish Students and other pro-Israel organizations, through the Giyus.org website. Released on July 19, 2006, it delivers real-time alerts about key articles, videos, blogs, and surveys to subscribers so that they can voice their opinions and work together to support Israel on the public opinion front."

The Israeli government itself has urged users to "become cyberspace soldiers in the new battleground for Israel's image," by using the Megaphone tool.

UK technology website The Register has described use of the software as "highly organised mass manipulation of technologies which are supposed to be democratising" and slammed Megaphone as "effectively a high-tech exercise in ballot-stuffing".

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/december2007/122107_propaganda_exposed.htm