Venezuala and Iraqi Casualty Rates

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I'm sure it's just a quirk, yes links:

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/01/holy-chavistas-venezuela-violent-deaths.html

Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Holy Chavistas! Venezuela Violent Deaths Double Iraq's Numbers

Numbers from icasualties.org

Thanks to Gringo for pointing this out...

Venezuelan Politics blog reported that an average 33 Venezuelans were murdered each day last year, which comes to 1000 murders per month.

Iraq’s and Venezuela’s populations are roughly comparable: 27.5 million versus 27.7 million. In the last three months, there have been 1498 civilian fatalities in Iraq. During this same time, roughly 3000 Venezuelans have been murdered.

For the last three months of 2007, a Venezuelan was twice as likely to lose his life to violence as an Iraqi. It looks like its time for Hugo to put more attention on his abysmal security situation and less attention on Hollywood.

There's more good news, for Iraq anyway, HERE.

There are a number of people on this board who have defended the authoritarian rule of Chavez. Instead of concentrating on his security situation, we have a ruler who spends his country's scant wealth on Russian Migs, combat helicopters, and submarines. How is it that Russian made submarines are going to improve the social and security environment in Caracas? Maybe creating a hostile business climate by confiscating private property has helped. No? Is it the run away inflation? The alliances with Iran and Belarus? Probably not. Well then it must be closing down media outlets that has improved conditions in the Kingdom of Chavez.

There are a number of people on this board who have defended the authoritarian rule of Chavez. Instead of concentrating on his security situation, we have a ruler who spends his country's scant wealth on Russian Migs, combat helicopters, and submarines. How is it that Russian made submarines are going to improve the social and security environment in Caracas? Maybe creating a hostile business climate by confiscating private property has helped. No? Is it the run away inflation? The alliances with Iran and Belarus? Probably not. Well then it must be closing down media outlets that has improved conditions in the Kingdom of Chavez.

Simple, they refuse to educate themselves and/or believe what is before them. It's sad, but seems where the 'educated class' wishes to be.

Violent crime has escalated in Venezuela. Hugh has been reluctant to crack down on the criminal gangs because they come from the poorer classes, which is where he gets his political power.

Brown people kill each other. You don't really need to analyze it much more than that. The involvement of whites seems to have only varying influence.

Another post for my logic machine. In goes bad actions, add more bad actions, Turn machine on: creak crank whirly zoom zook... out comes what exactly... ah, justification, darn, I could have done that without my logic machine....

Forum List

Back