Mexico kicks off bicentennial celebrations

those states were stolen from Mexico after we kicked their ass in the War.

Wrong as usual, we took them by force in a time when Countries routinely kept property seized during a war. BUT we then PAID Mexico for the territory.

By the way? Mexico STARTED the war. And Europeans believed Mexico would quickly crush the United States as its Army was well trained as a European military.

US troops in contested territory setting up shop. Uh huh...THEY started it.

If the Mexicans don't like that fact that we kicked their asses and then paid them, ask them if they'd be interested in a redo? They can pick the place, send in their troops for the battle to come, we'll send ours, and let the chips fall where they may.

LOL...you think France surrenders quickly...

those states were stolen from Mexico after we kicked their ass in the War.

Wrong as usual, we took them by force in a time when Countries routinely kept property seized during a war. BUT we then PAID Mexico for the territory.

By the way? Mexico STARTED the war. And Europeans believed Mexico would quickly crush the United States as its Army was well trained as a European military.

Texas was a FREE Republican and had been so for 10 DAMN years, what was contested about it?

If the Mexicans don't like that fact that we kicked their asses and then paid them, ask them if they'd be interested in a redo? They can pick the place, send in their troops for the battle to come, we'll send ours, and let the chips fall where they may.

LOL...you think France surrenders quickly...

The Mexican Army in 1846 and 47 was well trained well lead and brave4. The major problem was that for most of the war they had the wrong powder loads for their muskets. The load was to strong and tended to blow the barrel up. The Mexicans stood their ground and tried to fight with what they had.

Not sure why it took a year to figure out the loads were wrong.

It was the Mexican Army against the US Army. Oh, yeah. I forgot. Mexicans want their targets tied up and knocked out for them to consider it a fair fight. Like the way they murdered the defenders of the Alamo and Goliad.

Different war, different people, different time....where the Mexican government was trying to stop the flow of illegal aliens into THEIR state of Texas.

After Mexico went out of their way to invite Americans to settle there.

What were the terms of that agreement? One was to learn to speak the language of that nation. Did those emigres live up to that commitment? Isn't a major right wing bitch about immigrants to lean the native language?

Different war, different people, different time....where the Mexican government was trying to stop the flow of illegal aliens into THEIR state of Texas.

What were the terms of that agreement? One was to learn to speak the language of that nation. Did those emigres live up to that commitment? Isn't a major right wing bitch about immigrants to lean the native language?

Both Mexican and American revolted in 1835. They revolted AGAINST Santa Anna who had illegally seized the Government and suspended the Constitution.

Incorrect.

The people later known as Texas.

Were "legally" invited into the territory by the Mexican government.

btw Several mexicans fought and died at the Alamo fighting against the Mexican Army.

I'm talking about hating on mexicans, they were here before the Texans and whites moved in on Cali.
Not that I would let a baby killer influence my opinion.

I wouldn't let a pro-abortionist influence my opinion neither.

Some Americans....and those Americans had to follow certain rules, like become Roman catholic, learn Spanish, have no slaves.....

Those "rules" were part of the reasons Texas fought for its independence.

I'm not into the racist hate of mexican, love the hypocracy of hating on them for being here when they were here first. wingnuts!!!!

But don't you love how they are trying to get Europeans out when everything they buy was invented by Europeans. I'd like to see them give up modern life and go back to living in teepees or mud huts and stop being hypocrites.

wtf? I celebrated on cinca de mayo? do I call off work and get drunk today too?

I commemorated the siege of the Alamo every March 6th by watching documentaries on how they butchered surrendering soldiers at the Alamo and Goliad. Yeah. That gave me a warm spot in my heart for Mexicans.

Some Americans....and those Americans had to follow certain rules, like become Roman catholic, learn Spanish, have no slaves.....

Speaking of slaves, Latin America continued the practice of slavery long after the American Civil War ended slavery in the US. That's something they don't like to talk about but coffee plantations were run on slave labor.

Texas was a FREE Republican and had been so for 10 DAMN years, what was contested about it?

The Border of the Mexican State of Tejas was the Nueces River...NOT the Rio Grande.

It was on all the pre-Texas Revolution maps as such.

Speaking of slaves, Latin America continued the practice of slavery long after the American Civil War ended slavery in the US. That's something they don't like to talk about but coffee plantations were run on slave labor.

Really? And Mexico?

(In 1829 President Guerrero signed a decree abolishing slavery.)

Forum List

Back