Mexico kicks off bicentennial celebrations

Texas was a FREE Republican and had been so for 10 DAMN years, what was contested about it?

The Border of the Mexican State of Tejas was the Nueces River...NOT the Rio Grande.

It was on all the pre-Texas Revolution maps as such.

Link?

File:Mexico 1824-11-24 to 1830.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_Mexico

I guess you aren't smart enough to figure out google yet.

[
Really? And Mexico?

(In 1829 President Guerrero signed a decree abolishing slavery.)

But didn't he do that to keep blacks out of Mexico? I really don't think they had a problem with using slave labor. The rich Mexicans could care less.

The Border of the Mexican State of Tejas was the Nueces River...NOT the Rio Grande.

It was on all the pre-Texas Revolution maps as such.

Link?

File:Mexico 1824-11-24 to 1830.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Territorial evolution of Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess you aren't smart enough to figure out google yet.

From the link you provided.

Texas published a map which claims as its border with Mexico the Rio Grande and not Nueces River that was always the Texas border since the Spanish colonial era.[6]
Expressing the same concerns as Texas, the states of Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas declared its independence from Mexico with the name Republic of the Rio Grande; however the Texas border was never conclusively determined: while the Republic's claimed as northern border the Nueces River, Texas stated that the southern border was the Rio Grande.

When Texas joined the United States in 1845 the border issue wasn't fully resolved hence the Mexican-American War.

Sure I can figure out google, but you made the claim so it was yours to prove and well, naturally you failed.

[
Really? And Mexico?

But didn't he do that to keep blacks out of Mexico? I really don't think they had a problem with using slave labor. The rich Mexicans could care less.

Slavery was made illegal in Mexico in 1829.....you wanna change your goal posts some more?

From the link you provided.

Texas published a map which claims as its border with Mexico the Rio Grande and not Nueces River that was always the Texas border since the Spanish colonial era.[6]
Expressing the same concerns as Texas, the states of Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas declared its independence from Mexico with the name Republic of the Rio Grande; however the Texas border was never conclusively determined: while the Republic's claimed as northern border the Nueces River, Texas stated that the southern border was the Rio Grande.

When Texas joined the United States in 1845 the border issue wasn't fully resolved hence the Mexican-American War.

Sure I can figure out google, but you made the claim so it was yours to prove and well, naturally you failed.

Yes....thank you for proving my point....The border was DISPUTED. The area between the Nueces and the Rio Grande was DISPUTED. The Mexican army held up outside the DISPUTED area...the American army did not stay outside the DISPUTED area...clear provocation.

[
Really? And Mexico?

Slavery was made illegal in Mexico in 1829.....you wanna change your goal posts some more?

But what was the reason it was made illegal, Professor? Can you answer that? Why do you have to pass a law if Mexico did not have slavery there?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back